Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for R.O.A.R.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Dawn, I would like to see everyone post 1 reply about what they think the ROAR rules and participation should be.....

Then put them in one rule book and see what happens at the next event...
Old 04-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Seems to me that dodgeguy is one of the more passionate ROAR members who actually gives a damn about what goes on with ROAR.

Despite all the innuendo, ridicule and insults thrown at him, he continues to voice his opinion in a professional manner. That tells me he actually CARES about ROAR...so much so that he is willing to take the abusive responses from some posters here.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

PLEASE LET IT GO WIIL YOU?
Old 04-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Another thing that would be very interesting to know is how many people join ROAR because of the insurance.

Or what other incentive caused YOU to join ROAR.

Any info would help in making ROAR make decisions for the racer, if its something else they can offer, so be it, if they don't know, it can't be fixed.

Maybe this should be started in another post, or maybe it just isn't important enough?
Old 04-17-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ya'll are going too fast.... I need a 5 minute grace to catch up on the post...
Old 04-17-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I joined for the stickers
Old 04-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Dam i did'nt get any stickers
Old 04-17-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
I joined for the stickers
Me to! They are just too cool!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Is it more convenient for ROAR to receive entries online?
It's not a convenience for ROAR. It's a pain in my a$$. I have to manage the info, make sure it's up to date and anything else. This was done for member convenience. Something racers were asking for last year after I did it at the '06 Carpet Nats.

I can say one thing. It's trivial issues like this that make me wonder why I give up my time and my families time to have threads like this started. I can make more money at work using the hours I spend doing ROAR work to actually do work that I get paid for. Instead I give my free time to take crap like this. Go figure. Like I always say, you'll never make everyone happy. If you can keep the majority happoy then you're doing a good job.

Dodgeguy and Three, if you really don't like what's going on and you think you can do a better job then maybe you should give up your time free of charge and try it. I'm sure you'll really love it!!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by schurcr
It's not a convenience for ROAR. It's a pain in my a$$. I have to manage the info, make sure it's up to date and anything else. This was done for member convenience. Something racers were asking for last year after I did it at the '06 Carpet Nats.

I can say one thing. It's trivial issues like this that make me wonder why I give up my time and my families time to have threads like this started. I can make more money at work using the hours I spend doing ROAR work to actually do work that I get paid for. Instead I give my free time to take crap like this. Go figure. Like I always say, you'll never make everyone happy. If you can keep the majority happoy then you're doing a good job.

Dodgeguy and Three, if you really don't like what's going on and you think you can do a better job then maybe you should give up your time free of charge and try it. I'm sure you'll really love it!!!!
you can always quit. for gods sake let it go
Old 04-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I have question for ROAR why have you not raised the membership fees in over a decade...

According to the CPI, our membership fees should be 40.45
Tim ....... you bring up a VALID point. This was discussed last year when we discussed raising nationals entries fees and it came down to something Dawn posted in this thread today. Why should the 90% of membership that doesn't play at the national level be responsible for funding the majority of nationals costs?
Old 04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
Seems to me that dodgeguy is one of the more passionate ROAR members who actually gives a damn about what goes on with ROAR.

Despite all the innuendo, ridicule and insults thrown at him, he continues to voice his opinion in a professional manner. That tells me he actually CARES about ROAR...so much so that he is willing to take the abusive responses from some posters here.
Thank you. I do care very much about racing and this hobby. It is fun to race. I believe ROAR has done some good. But if ROAR is not perfect like some of you claim. Then what do you do to make ROAR closer to perfect?

And yes it is the principle!! How do you all think this country got started? People stood up and said we need to change. So they fought. It may sound like a small comparison. But it is the same ideology. Voice your opinion to make change in a positive way.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Elite

STOPyou are not proving any thing but making roar look bad
Old 04-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Initiate

You gotta be kidding me?

ROAR must answer legitimate questions and concerns members have and ask about. There must be accountability and transparency for any organization to work, and those elected to run roar by its members are 100% accountable to the members and have the duty to answer our concerns.

THe dude on this forum has asked for simple and striaght forward information any concerned member of any club or organization has the legal right to know, and should get answers to...

Why has ROAR ignored and cotinue to evade answering the questions is very, very suspecious

Is there anything ROAR is hiding? Of course not!! So coming clean and keeping financial records of what is being used for what shouldnt be a pblm. Unless its being used irresposibly and illegally to pay for things you should be paying for? Why are you hiding the info? It doesnt look good at all.

BUt worse if all of you who continue to kiss up to ROAR directors like Dawn Sanchez and others here who have acted in an completely unprofessional manner, calling its own members names, ridiculing and making fun of those who dare ask questions? Its so shameful to see such behavior from a lady, much less from a supposed ROAR director. What a shame

So again...where are the numbers? Where is your budget and track of what is being spent? You are hinding something, and what you are doing with paypal surcharges is completely illegal
Old 04-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Is the maxamps lipo hard cases used to convert soft packs going to be or is ROAR approved? I already have 2 packs and this would save me some cash if they are.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.