Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for R.O.A.R.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would like ROAR to refund the postage I paid to send in my entry to the 1998 On Road Fuel Nats. The internet existed but ROAR did not offer online signup, so now I want my money back.

..it was about $0.35 cents back then?
;-)
Old 04-17-2008, 11:54 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just don't get it why some people get offended when they hear complaints. As long as the complaint's are not personal attacks, then no one should feel offended. Constructive criticism should be expected by by every adult.

Compalints are what gets things changed. It gets the ball moving.

Hello, the USA was built on people complaining. It's 100% AMERICAN to complain.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
I would like ROAR to refund the postage I paid to send in my entry to the 1998 On Road Fuel Nats. The internet existed but ROAR did not offer online signup, so now I want my money back.

..it was about $0.35 cents back then?
;-)

With what i've read on this thread someone might actually start to think you're serious...
Old 04-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Your 100% right complaints are a good thing. The problem is the delivery and method of accepting an answer, or not.

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
I just don't get it why some people get offended when they hear complaints. As long as the complaint's are not personal attacks, then no one should feel offended. Constructive criticism should be expected by by every adult.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have question for ROAR why have you not raised the membership fees in over a decade...

According to the CPI, our membership fees should be 40.45
Old 04-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
WTF!?!?

Seriously, just for a moment consider the folowing; If Dawn and the entire ROAR staff sat down and said, "F#*# it! Lest disolve this puppy!"

Is that realy what we want? Is that gonna help the development of our sport that we care so much about? Seriously?!?!?
Best Post to date on this subject! But I hate to say that, after reading some of these post, now and in the past, I think that SOME would be happy if this happened!

Then THEY could run without rules and structure. They could then have 400 classes for 400 entires so that THEY could actually win a race.

I hate to say it but its not just ROAR that PLL are not happy with. Go read the Reedy thread or the IIC or any other RACE thread here.

You WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!!!

With the internet its always gonna be this way. I would love to see how many of the "trouble makers" actually attend the races they bash or if they are doing it because they have nothing better to do!

Don't get me wrong, do I think ROAR is perfect, Nope!

ROAR heres a suggestion, take a book from NASCAR, for the ones that seem to have a grudge, "fine" them in a sense. bar them from ANY ROAR affiliated track or event for "actions detrimental to the sport" LOL
Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
ROAR heres a suggestion, take a book from NASCAR, for the ones that seem to have a grudge, "fine" them in a sense. bar them from ANY ROAR affiliated track or event for "actions detrimental to the sport" LOL
If you did that here, it would be a ghost town....
Old 04-17-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man you guys a viceous and mean. take a chill pill and back off.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
If you did that here, it would be a ghost town....
I bet there wouldn't be as many as you think after the first one was made an example of! Plus the ones of us that actually goto ROAR events would not have to hear or see them anymore..LOL
Old 04-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 403forbidden

Funny, thats what my nagging ex girlfriend told me so I changed her. I think she is still single.....lol

Last I heard, Nobody has been kicked out of roar for complaining AKA voicing thier opinion ....
Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Maybe ROAR should get out of the insurance offerings with memberships and let the racers fend for themselves.(ROAR probably doesn't need the hassel)

Maybe ROAR should look at offering competition licensing for different levels of competition, club, regional, national and world.

Maybe ROAR should concentrate on authourizing only equipment that can be used in ROAR competition, charging a fee back to the manufacturers for the priveledge to have their equipment get the stamp of approval.

Maybe ROAR should build on the "At race management team" to keep a tighter consistancy of rules and rulings at major races.

Maybe, just maybe ROAR could do many things, but if you don't tell them they won't know. ROAR is a racers organization, built by racers for racers, just give them direction and it will work for you.
Old 04-17-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow....this is the most RIDICULOUS thing I have ever read. Who gives a flying F%&K!!!! With 4 lousy dollars you can barely buy a gallon of fuel. If the 4 bucks is keeping people away from the event then this is the wrong hobby for them in the first place.

I see where some have written that its the principal... For the love of God get over it. It seems as this is being used as nothing more than a subject to fuel pointless ROAR bashing.

I don't always agree with how and what ROAR does but this seems to be a personal vendetta rather than a legitimate gripe.

Michael Abraira
Butter
Old 04-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
You just did it again...

One more time !,

Calling Roar members names is not working for Roar, it one of the biggest problems Roar has had in the past ..

So stop it please....
George--I CALLED you by your name. To "call" you a jackass would be, biologically, inaccurate. Look it up in your dictionary, there's probably even a picture of one. You ain't the most handsome devil I know, but I'd be able to pick you out of a lineup consisting of equine quadrupeds with long ears.

To DESCRIBE your actions, i.e. "don't be a jackass", is to metaphorically describe your antics as stubborn, wrong-headed and non-productive. Which is exactly what I've done.

ALSO...note my disclaimer. NOTHING I SAY has anything to do with whether I or anybody else is a ROAR member. I'm equal opportunity--if I see someone being a moron who isn't a ROAR member I'll call 'em on it just as quickly.

BTW, sounds like I may get to race with you next month thanks to Fred. It's been darn close to 20 years...

ROAR is what it is until ANYONE steps up to help make a difference. Sitting on the sidelines taking pot-shots doesn't get a damn thing done except piss-off people who ARE getting it done. If that's anyone's intent, what a sad existence they must lead. As has been expressed elsewhere in the post, ROAR ain't perfect and it will NEVER satisfy everybody but it's the bestest an onlyest game in town. Nobody else wants the job.

Were I ROAR, I'd take a learnin' from this experience. Charge more for the entry fees to Nationals (nobody bitches about what Scotty charges for his events and they fill up quite nicely). REQUIRE online sign-up, don't charge extra (the higher fee easily offsets this cost) and viola.

OR, do like TicketMaster, et al, and charge a "convenience fee". This is a thinly veiled dodge around the prohibition to charge more for credit card use because, surprise, the only people who are charged it are the people who phone in or use the internet to reserve tickets. The great thing with ROAR would be that you could mail in your entry for free, where the alternative to TicketMaster is to buy at an agent and pay the agency fee.

OR...

No matter what is attempted, some faction of small-minded would-be participants will bitch and moan. It's just the way of things.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
Taken from the following: RCTECH Forums - Electric On-Road forum, 2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) thread, page 20.

>> schurcr, 04-10-2008, 08:23 AM
"Entry form will be up by the weekend. You can sign up online. Start at www.roarracing.com and click on the nationals page link then click on the on-line registration link."
Today is the 16th and no entry form on the R.O.A.R. website.
>> Three, 04-10-2008, 08:32 AM
"So why do we have to pay to enter on-line ?? Shouldn't the dues we pay every year cover that expense? We ought to be able to register for FREE on the R.O.A.R. website.
Why is a second party doing the on-line registration and charging it?"
>> Rick Hohwart, 04-10-2008, 08:40 AM
"You are right. The processing and PayPal fees should be deducted from the total money ROAR receives, not added on to the entry fee for the racer to pay."
>> schurcr 04-10-2008, 09:47 PM
"Everything in this world cost something and the price of doing business is increasing as well. This means ROAR's cost of doing business is increasing as well. We could easily cover it in member fees, but if we try to cover all these convenience features in member fees then member fees would have to go up. There has not been an increase in member fees in the 13 years I've been a ROAR member that I can remember. Would it be fair to cover more national's expense via the membership fees when a small percentage of the actual membership attends these races? ROAR has to pay for this service; this is a convenience to the racer. Who pays for that service, all the non-nationals racing members? Is that fair to the majority that does not attend these events? It would be great to have on-line registration on the ROAR website but to do so takes work, work that someone will want to be paid for.
It seems to me that with Rev-Up being discontinued that those savings should cover the funding for on-line registration. Also with no hand-out motors that is also a savings that could cover the funding.
"I don't remember anyone complaining about the Snowbirds charging to use on-line sign ups. If you don't want to pay the extra fees for the convenience of paying with a credit card then mail it in. There are many retailers in this world that still charge to use plastic, why shouldn't ROAR? Using plastic comes with a price? The banks charge us for using them, the banks charge the retailers for using them."
>> Three, 04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
"$1.50 processing fee and if you use PayPal it is a .30 +2.9% fee. While this is only $4.12, this should be covered in the yearly dues we pay.
And yes schurcr, the Snowbirds charged for on-line registration but we did not pay $30.00 a year to join."
If PAYPAL cost $.25 would this thread even exsist?

Looking back at the orginal post...... and all that follows......
Reminds me of a joke.....

Guy at the bar... Had too many.... Walks up to a woman and asks her if she would have sex with him. She said no.... He then asks if I gave you 1 million dollars would you have sex with me... She says yes... He then asks if she would have sex with him for $10.00 She says no, what kind of girl do you think I am?

He says I know what kind of girl you are, I'm just trying to find out how much you cost....
Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

alright enough already, you have ganged up on this guy and beat him up pretty good. take your own advise and let it go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.