Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for R.O.A.R.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Is it more convenient for ROAR to receive entries online?

I don't know if it is more convenient for roar but they give the members an option to mail in the entry form with out additional costs so everyone attending has two choices.....
Old 04-17-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
What part of they don't get the fee do you not get? It goes to the site and the upkeep. Mail you entry in and be happy, damn. Every post you make is anti roar. So its obvious you got some kinda deep seeded hate for them. Which really makes you opinion useless to 99% of us. If you hate them, don't join, don't run their races. End of story. If you don't like whats on TV change the channel. Stop trying to ruin it for the rest of us who enjoy this stuff.
It seems you can not understand the points I make. And that others are making. If like the same oh-um of ROAR then fine. If you are content fine. That is your right. But as a member I have a right to ask questions and make comments. My comments have not been personal attacks. They have been to the point.

This is also how politics work. Some people want change others have a mind set as long as I am OK I don't care.

What I am pointing out it is about principle of the issue. I am not anti ROAR. What I am is anti un-efficiency with ROAR. Like I posted in another thread we did not have an update on the TC body issue. Since I started pushing the issue we now have 4 part numbers that are legal. Was this pure coincidence? May be, but I am not that optimistic about that. With the instant computer technology the info should be made public ASAP.

How do you make things better you talk about them and debate them in the open. And you do not take personal offense to it.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
It seems you can not understand the points I make. And that others are making. If like the same oh-um of ROAR then fine. If you are content fine. That is your right. But as a member I have a right to ask questions and make comments. My comments have not been personal attacks. They have been to the point.

This is also how politics work. Some people want change others have a mind set as long as I am OK I don't care.

What I am pointing out it is about principle of the issue. I am not anti ROAR. What I am is anti un-efficiency with ROAR. Like I posted in another thread we did not have an update on the TC body issue. Since I started pushing the issue we now have 4 part numbers that are legal. Was this pure coincidence? May be, but I am not that optimistic about that. With the instant computer technology the info should be made public ASAP.

How do you make things better you talk about them and debate them in the open. And you do not take personal offense to it.

I really think you should provide these services that you feel ROAR is inefficient in instead of critisizing from the outside with out knowing all information.
As for the body legalization and you assuming that it was done only because of your persistance says a lot about your mind set with roar.
Did it ever occur to you that ROAR was working on it to begin with? It's one thing to inquire but to throw words like "Dragging thier feet" isn't very helpful...
Old 04-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Edited

Like I posted in another thread we did not have an update on the TC body issue. Since I started pushing the issue we now have 4 part numbers that are legal. Was this pure coincidence? May be, but I am not that optimistic about that.

Last edited by TimPotter; 04-18-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, what a truly worthless thread.

The entry form location has been posted already along with how to avoid the fees. This type of online registration was started because the RACERS asked for it.

Don't like the fees or where they go? Either print the form or don't go.

Threads like this really don't accomplish anything except turn people off from racing. Maybe instead of spouting off online, you could give ROAR and Dawn the common courtesy of an email before bashing. I've sent emails with questions or comments and had a reply within a couple of days. Sweet Jeesus...

Wonder why onroad tracks are closing and dirt tracks are opening? First, there isn't all the complaining. Second, new racers can actually drive the slowest class we offer (stock).

Ran onroad at Josh's every week in the winter until it closed. there were like 5 kids that started racing in the 3 or so years Josh was open. I can go to a local dirt track and count tons of new racers every month. Some of them even keep racing after the first month or so.

The combination of the crybaby onroad crap and the fact that we can't get new racers are the two biggest things holding onroad back. It isn't ROAR's fault that everything doesn't revolve around what YOU want.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

WTF!?!?

I don't understand what you people get of bashing ROAR and its efforts. What else do we have available that can do what ROAR does for this sport? Do you people realy think that we dont need help to keep this sport organized? Do you think that the rc racing world is so healthy that we can afford to piss away our governing body?

Why do you think so many race programs and facilities close down after only a couple seasons. I cant speak for all of them but I would bet that a lack of organization, consistency, profesionalism has something to do with it. The ROAR staff works hard to bring all those things to this sport while promoting it at the same time.

Is ROAR perfect? Hell no! But what is. Why blast every little thing?

Seriously, just for a moment consider the folowing; If Dawn and the entire ROAR staff sat down and said, "F#*# it! Lest disolve this puppy!"

Is that realy what we want? Is that gonna help the development of our sport that we care so much about? Seriously?!?!?

People overlook imperfections everyday. Can't this be applied hear.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Edited, was not read as intended...

Last edited by TimPotter; 04-18-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Something to think about....

quote from Tim Cindric

Penske Racing President Tim Cindric says a big reason his team left Champ Car was because of its emphasis on international races as well as lack of an iron-fisted ruler as in NASCAR, led by the France family since its inception: "You had the mice guarding the cheese, with the rules being made by participants. You have to have a dictatorship in motor sports."
Old 04-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TimPotter
I think I was quite clear that your pushing did not influence the rate or timing of body approvals. So now you are calling me liar ?

Tim, on 4/10 when I started asking questionas to when will we see an update to the body approval list. The next day 4/11 the list was updated and called out by Ruben. So was this a coincidence? If so it was an amazine one.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TimPotter
It is painfully obvious you do not know how politics work.
Tim it is when officials of an organization start to take a debate down the personal attack isle that you loose followers. So please keep the personal attacks out of this and stick to the facts.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Champion

Listen,

It becomes personal. I put my name out there, don't hide behind a screen name, and my cell phone number is posted on ROAR's website for anyone to call...

Edited

Tim it is when officials of an organization start to take a debate down the personal attack isle that you loose followers. So please keep the personal attacks out of this and stick to the facts.

Last edited by TimPotter; 04-18-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Tim, on 4/10 when I started asking questionas to when will we see an update to the body approval list. The next day 4/11 the list was updated and called out by Ruben. So was this a coincidence? If so it was an amazine one.

You asked when the body list was going to be updated and they got it updated in a timely manner. Instead of thanking them for a quick response you somehow found something to nit pick and accuse them of not doing anything unless you jump on ROAR about it.....

You received your answer in regards to avoiding additional fees for the nationals signups but you would rather just keep things going.....

I do hope that you enter the Nationals and enjoy yourself at the event. Hopefully not lurking around the event on what is not being handled 100% to your liking.....
Old 04-17-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Dodgeguy, If you post your name and address, I will personally send you the $4.12 service fee myself if will get you to stop posting on several threads about the same thing that no one wants to read about anymore.

On a side note, Are you even planning on attending this race? Or just trying to piss off the people that are doing all they can to provide a quality organization?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Would any ROAR offical or anyone involved with the application procedure like to explain how they are in compliance with Paypal's user policy section 4.7?

"No Surcharges. You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions."

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr...a/USUA-outside
Old 04-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Francis M.
You asked when the body list was going to be updated and they got it updated in a timely manner. Instead of thanking them for a quick response you somehow found something to nit pick and accuse them of not doing anything unless you jump on ROAR about it.....

You received your answer in regards to avoiding additional fees for the nationals signups but you would rather just keep things going.....

I do hope that you enter the Nationals and enjoy yourself at the event. Hopefully not lurking around the event on what is not being handled 100% to your liking.....

I did tell Ruben thank you on the approval list. You need to go back and make sure you have the facts.

I am sure I will enjoy the race. Thanks

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
Hey Dodgeguy, If you post your name and address, I will personally send you the $4.12 service fee myself if will get you to stop posting on several threads about the same thing that no one wants to read about anymore.

On a side note, Are you even planning on attending this race? Or just trying to piss off the people that are doing all they can to provide a quality organization?

Again it is not the amount of money but the principle of it. If ROAR is spending money on the nationals out of the general fund that is made up by all members. Then they can also add the paypal fee's into their expenses for the nationals. And again the Nationals attendance is a small percentage of the member body.

I have asked this question here many times and I have not received an answer. I think my point is clear.

And yes I will be attending the Paved nationals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.