Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for R.O.A.R.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Irony: the apparent KING of the Bozos has an avatar that says "No Bozos".

Go figure.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidAlford
Or, make your own site and software, then let Roar use it for signing people up to national events, but get this part. Its a kicker. You do it all for free. Then nobody has to pay an extra $3.

Or roar could take that $3 out of what the tracks get. That sounds fair right?
Or follow Paypal's User Agreement policy and not impose a surcharge for using Paypal services.
Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Dawn:
Don't get me wrong, you and the other R.O.A.R officers are doing a thankless job. I commend you for what you have do and are attempting to do with R.O.A.R.. I just want some answers.
Scottrik:
Why the name calling? What have I said to make you say that?
Old 04-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

One more question. Who receives the fees for on-line registration? R.O.A.R. or the web-site that does the registration.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow. These are the type of people that I only read about... They can choke down pennies and shit miles of 36ga. wire. SIU, drop the $5 and enter the race, or fill out the form online print and mail, or don't go. I agree with what was mentioned earlier. $5 is a very small percentage of the 1 -1.5g you're gonna drop for the whole event for the cool service of getting entered in the race and paid for all up front - and not having to snail mail the entry form.

just my $.02...
Old 04-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

People:
I respect your opinions and your view points.
Timmay70:
I am not cheap and agree that it is a small percentage. That is not the point.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
Wow. These are the type of people that I only read about... They can choke down pennies and shit miles of 36ga. wire. SIU, drop the $5 and enter the race, or fill out the form online print and mail, or don't go. I agree with what was mentioned earlier. $5 is a very small percentage of the 1 -1.5g you're gonna drop for the whole event for the cool service of getting entered in the race and paid for all up front - and not having to snail mail the entry form.

just my $.02...
WRONG IS WRONG PERIOD
Old 04-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

wrong might be wrong, but roar isnt charging or getting the fee for online regestration, if you want to enter with out paying the fee, send your entry to roar direct, if you want the convinience of regestering and paying online, pay a small fee, I doubt any of you do your job for free, so why ask any one else to, picking your battles might be something to consider here.....
Old 04-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

No one has asked anyone to anything for free. How can you read that into what I have written. I'm just asking who authorized this and who gets the fees.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Thumbs up

This thread is going places.

First page.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Three is making some great points that are facts. Why do people have a problem with facts?

I believe the point is this we already pay for a $30 membership. Less than $7 of that goes to the premium of the insurance. So what happens with the other $23? Does it pay for printing of the Revup? No that was gone a few years ago. It is no longer published online like it was suppose to be. So what happens to the money?

Only a small percentage attends a National. Does part of the yearly dues from all the members pay for the flights and hotel rooms of the ROAR officials for the National races? If it does then why not eat the paypal fees also?

And as a non profit I believe the membership has a legal right to view this info.I would like to see a yearly finance breakdown. I do not see one on the website.

We need to hold the elected officials accountable for the position they hold.

And for those that say do not whine about fee's go start your own thread. I think these are valid points.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
I believe the point is this we already pay for a $30 membership. Less than $7 of that goes to the premium of the insurance. So what happens with the other $23? Does it pay for printing of the Revup? No that was gone a few years ago. It is no longer published online like it was suppose to be. So what happens to the money?

Only a small percentage attends a National. Does part of the yearly dues from all the members pay for the flights and hotel rooms of the ROAR officials for the National races? If it does then why not eat the paypal fees also?

And as a non profit I believe the membership has a legal right to view this info.I would like to see a yearly finance breakdown. I do not see one on the website.

We need to hold the elected officials accountable for the position they hold.

And for those that say do not whine about fee's go start your own thread. I think these are valid points.

Great points.

I am actually surprised that their isn't a financial breakdown of member fees publicly available. I always thought there was.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here we go again.....

Go here and read the thread.... Kinda interesting reading....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97270

And if anyone wants to add info about ROAR...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Operated_Auto_Racing

Last edited by Nova F1 Racer; 04-17-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Irony: the apparent KING of the Bozos has an avatar that says "No Bozos".

Go figure.
Thanks for helping Roar appear hostile and uninterested in its members complaints....
Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Are you kidding me? I should be ashamed of my response? Are you serious? Just because you didn't get a response of me kissing your feet and begging for apology gives you no right to condemn an action that takes 5,000 members into consideration.. instead of YOUR personal convenience.

My job to answer your questions? Wow.. really? My job is 5,000 members and ensuring there are races to promote and provide fairly.... lead ROAR utilizing the standardized rule book and promote product usage as equitable for 5,000 members. No where does it say I have to come to RC Tech and answer questions from those I have no idea who they are or if they have a ROAR membership.

The official ROAR site is www.roarracing.com and I can assure you... this will be the only location I will post news and comments. This is ridiculous the behavior people here display and expect any ROAR official to just take.. because of some obligation you people think we have. (NovaF1 - you win! Lets get it going!)

And... YOU CAN PRINT OFF YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION FROM LIVE RC AND MAIL IT IN. THAT IS WHY THE ADDRESS IS CLEARLY POSTED ON THE FRONT PAGE OF THE ONLINE SERVICE AS TO WHERE TO MAIL IT. If you can't figure this out.. not my duty to ensure you can. Its all clearly posted and listed how to do things....

I'm not going to get into a banter session with anybody on this. If you want to go to a national - pay the entry fee. We have given you two options on how to do this. If you want to use charge accounts and convenience of online service, there are fees to pay. If you don't, fine. Mail it in.

So, I'm sure there is going to be retribution and bashing over this post... and yep, I probably stepped outside a box I shouldn't have.. after all, I have an image I'm supposed to live up to and actions I'm under scrutiny.....

I'm tired of this crap.... you people have a better idea..... then do something about it.. typing on a keyboard is easy... doing the actual work isn't. You don't have the right to condemn or question or accuse unless you are part of the answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.