Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Racers - who race FULL SIZE Cars

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Carl Edwards, Ryan Newman, The Bodine brothers, Little E, David and Jeff Green....all of them have been seen racing at one track or another over the years. One of the Bodine's put a carpet RC track over their garage so all the other Nascar drivers could come race.

EA
Old 04-13-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

big ben wallace of the cleveland cavaliers is a huge r/c fanatic! he owns one of every car!

the gramaticas (kickers) martin and his brother race here in florida when they can.

you never know who races r/c
Old 04-14-2008, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moonman
It is nice to see a race engineer from BTCC here at rctech. BTCC during the supertouring era was the best racing ever seen, I watched every race on TV.
The supertouring cars are in my opinion one of the nicest racing cars that have been built. Were you working many years on the laguna ?
I agree!!...... The best racing and during that era, those Lagunas dominated. Great fun watching them on the on-board camera shots!
Old 04-14-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Luis Diaz, who races for Fernandez Racing in the ALMS in the Lowe's Acura is a pretty good Mini-Z and 1/10th scale nitro touring driver.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

luis diaz is an awesome guy, and i love alms. Also another one to add to the list is Lewis Hamilton. I believe he started racing RC before he got into karting and a kid.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
I agree!!...... The best racing and during that era, those Lagunas dominated. Great fun watching them on the on-board camera shots!
Originally Posted by moonman
It is nice to see a race engineer from BTCC here at rctech. BTCC during the supertouring era was the best racing ever seen, I watched every race on TV.
The supertouring cars are in my opinion one of the nicest racing cars that have been built. Were you working many years on the laguna ?
Thanks and yes it was a great time!
I missed out on Phases 1 & 2, the development stage of ST Laguna but I did see it through to final phase (5)
Then I got shifted, still good memories though.

Got told on here the other day that BTCC was considered "week"??...not sure about that but it was fun

Regards,

British Menace
Old 04-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default I don't race now but I have . . .

I don't race now but I have . . . Formula Russell/Mazda.

Been Crew/Car/Team Chief mostly . . .

Recently I managed the STaSIS Engineering SPEED World Challenge Touring Car effort. STaSIS isn't racing this year . . .

Here are a couple of pics . . .

ALMS @ Infineon with NASCAR 06, STaSIS Audi A4s 2,3,4 . . . Looks like thursday/friday practice/quals, not many people there yet . . .

Tech Inspection . . . Chip Herr

Back in the day, I had just started with STaSIS, 2000 iirc, the 2.8 A4 owning at Laguna . . .
Old 04-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

yeah i noticed the Audis weren't racing this year. I got a chance to seem them race at laguna last year along with all the other series that travel with alms, i must say i was quite impressed with the speed of those cars, especially being production based.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Donny Lia races Craftsman truck, and is a 12th scale on-road national champion.

Good online racer too.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by K_King
Good online racer too.
Hey thanks for the mention guys. Kevin didnt know you ran r/c too..small world. So far thats you, Richie King, Justin Belfiore, Mike Blackstock, and Chris Shearburn that I know of racing r/c and online, pretty cool.

cya
-Donny
Old 04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
RCTech Member #2

I race short tracks in the mid-west. We just had our first race of the season two days ago. I was running in the top 5 when I got caught in a guy's wreck after he lost brakes. Car was fine, but they made me pit to remove some body panels that were flapping. That put me to the tail, but I did end up finishing 10th.

Sponsorship inquiries can be sent to [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails RC Racers - who race FULL SIZE Cars-rockford2008.jpg  
Old 04-15-2008, 04:45 PM
RCTech Member #2

Like someone else posted, a lot of the Nascar drivers are involved in the hobby. There have been many articles within RCDriver Magazine, from hosting exhibition races within the nascar garage area, to showcasing different drivers - it's been covered quite a bit in the past and will continue to be covered. I talked to Todd Bodine last year, and I can tell you he's involved in the hobby.

You also never know who's "behind the screen name" here on RCTech. Thats all I can say on that topic....
Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

My road racing Civic...

Old 04-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

He doesn't race too much anymore, but Frank Deiny used to be a top East Coast R/C guy and ran in the nascar SW series for a while. Not sure where he's at now. He also sat on pole for a few of the late model championships at Martinsville. Cool all around guy to race with.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Does somebody from UK still remember this kid?http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=822

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.