Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-10 Article in latest Xtreme

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Pro-10 Article in latest Xtreme

If you guys want to see pics of the new Pro-10 cars from BMI, CRC, Speedmerchant and Darkside Motorsports check out page 132 of the latest Xtreme R/C cars.

Also, we have recieved a few emails and calls at BMI about there not being any electronics in the car in the article. When you look at the BMI DB10R in the article it does have normal electronics installed just like all the other cars...they are just behind the battery for better balance and tidy appearance.

For better pics check this link out:

http://www.redrc.net/2008/02/bmi-racing-db10r-pro-10/
Old 04-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

i want to see!! xtreme always sends them so damn late to me, when i actually want it, and when im not expecting it, it comes in the previous month! lol
Old 04-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whats up with the Darkside Motorsports car no description or manufacturer info
Old 04-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bull_Dog
It not Xtreme's fault. I had contacted 7 car companies to send Pro-10 cars in for the article but only BMI, CRC and SpeedMerchant sent cars.

I spoke with Eric At Darkside and he said he was sending a car but he never got around to it.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

are the other 3 (or so) manufacturers still really in development stages or are they finking out?. i have been following this all very closely and have yet to hear anything concrete on any manufacturers other than the ones who have already shown either prototypes or production cars.. bmi, darkside, speedmerchant and crc.. who else is for sure preparing cars and what sort of timeframe are we looking at? can't help but feel like the sooner these cars all hit shelves the better.. there was a ton of buzz a while back, but no manufacturer has yet to capitalize on it..
Old 04-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tallyrc
are the other 3 (or so) manufacturers still really in development stages or are they finking out?. i have been following this all very closely and have yet to hear anything concrete on any manufacturers other than the ones who have already shown either prototypes or production cars.. bmi, darkside, speedmerchant and crc.. who else is for sure preparing cars and what sort of timeframe are we looking at? can't help but feel like the sooner these cars all hit shelves the better.. there was a ton of buzz a while back, but no manufacturer has yet to capitalize on it..
CEFX, HyperDrive and Corally were in the group discussing 200mm Pro-10 but they either didn't have the time or cars avaialbe to send to Xtreme.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

are they all still in prototyping stages or have their plans been shelved? just haven't heard anything.. is associated not working on one?
Old 04-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tallyrc
are they all still in prototyping stages or have their plans been shelved? just haven't heard anything.. is associated not working on one?
I haven't talked to them so I don't know ehre they are at with their cars.

I hears AE is working on a car and so is Tamiya!
Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

tamiya? that is interesting.... thanks for the updates..
Old 04-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Adrian,

When do you expect this car to be out?

Theres a few from our local track (SIR) that will be racing this class soon and this is the car that i will be getting...

Thanks,

Kody
Old 04-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats on the Magazine Coverage.

I like to hear that AE is possibly making one. Would give me something to do with my 12L4 if it could be converted?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

tamiya? interesting, that would be a nice TRF model, with all the blue anodizing.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

The DB10R will be out in 2 weeks. We are waiting on the pod plates to get anodized and thats it.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just finished reading the article. It was a real good read. I think I will be getting a DB10R to complement my 2 other DB12R's.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by AdrianM
It not Xtreme's fault. I had contacted 7 car companies to send Pro-10 cars in for the article but only BMI, CRC and SpeedMerchant sent cars.

I spoke with Eric At Darkside and he said he was sending a car but he never got around to it.
Originally Posted by Bull_Dog
That's not totally correct Adrain. Due to waiting on parts from the machine shop, I was unable to send out a completed chassis for the magazine in time for their article. I did however send out several pictures as well as a descriptive narrative of the chassis and its features. This according to the magazine's representative was plenty acceptable for inclusion in the article. I'm puzzled that despite this information being sent, not a single reference was made to my company or the pictures of my chassis that were included in the magazine article. Very dissapointing to say the least.

Eric Dimmick
Darkside Motorsports

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.