Wiki Posts
Search

boooo to stock

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 06:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default boooo to stock

y do clubs turn to stock motor racing?
there slo9w and overheat.let mod have a go.whats racing about?speed.
who wants to go slow?i bought a 414 to race mod so now the clu7b says we can only race stock and now i have a £500+ car driven by a £30 MOTOR!
who agrees mod should be the motor of the future like the kr?
Old 06-18-2003, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default no booing

whats this thread all about? do you see supra's running against ferrari F-1 cars? exactly. even with touring cars, there are different kinds, like street cars, and race cars. and not everyone thinks like you and maybe not everyone can handle a fast motor (like myself) and would rather stick with stock and do nice corners rather than crash around with a mod. AND not everyone (like myself) can afford reedy kr's. i race stock and i am glad they have it or else my car would be gone, crashed, blown to bits, and if ur club says all stock, maybe go talk to the guy see if you can also hav mod races alongside the stock...don't just booo to stock

just what i think
Old 06-18-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

you may be right that everyone shoudl race mod, however, what would an entry level car be like fora newb? or better yet.. how would the jump be from 540 style tamiya motors to the hot pace that a 10x2 or so cranks out! .. can u imagine how many people woudl be turned away due to cost.. or.. can u imagine how big the fields would be in 540!

Rob Storey
Old 06-18-2003, 07:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok i understand that but we used to be able to run mod.everyone run mod now the club brings stock rules out for no reason without asking the racers and all the racers want mod.one club brings stock rules out than everone brings stock rules out.wots the point.cars a capable of much more power we should be getting the maximum out of the cars and pushing them.
ive got a quantam com speedo
sanyo 3300 batts
and ko reciver and transmitter.
i d mights as well have a £20 batts, £30 speedos etc etc
any one else agree
Old 06-18-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by trf man
ok i understand that but we used to be able to run mod.everyone run mod now the club brings stock rules out for no reason without asking the racers and all the racers want mod.one club brings stock rules out than everone brings stock rules out.wots the point.cars a capable of much more power we should be getting the maximum out of the cars and pushing them.
ive got a quantam com speedo
sanyo 3300 batts
and ko reciver and transmitter.
i d mights as well have a £20 batts, £30 speedos etc etc
any one else agree
agree to what?

and if ur club decides to and no one else wants to then tell them! don't just **tch about stock, yes the car is capable of more, but not everyone has a billion dollars to spend on a billion sets of batts and chargers.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

wot iam saying is if some1 wants to race stock and if someone wants to race mod than be it.but y take mod away in favour of stock?
Old 06-18-2003, 07:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

yea i think thats pretty stupid too...talk to the club head and tell them what you guys think...like the open races in our place has 4 classes, 23T stock, open mod, F1, 1/12, and now the yokomo trucks
Old 06-18-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

oh okay..i get what you're talking about with the prices stuff...had to process the conversion in my head...well isn't 20 UK about 200 hk? well that for batts is realtivly good if u don't use matched here in HK...i suppose u run matched packs
Old 06-18-2003, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

iam not sure of the price conversions.but 3 packs of matched batts for mod racing.the race organizers dont care and wont listen.it hasnt effected the results from the change over were all pretty much the same but its annoying that i bought top of range batts for mod and 2000 wud do[even be better bcause more voltage].they wont split classes eighther.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

wot i meant was i might as well have run £20 packs compared to £60 packs
Old 06-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

How about the people that can't afford the 60 pound packs for mod? Stop thinking about yourself for a while and just try and enjoy racing. You have the best gear out right now so that should last you quite a while and if your not winning then you need to work on your wheelmanship anyway.

I would love to run mod but can't afford it.......brushes, com lathe, new motors.... it all add's up.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

but if we all bought mods than the price wud go down
Old 06-18-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

but if we all bought mods than the price wud go down
What are you, drunk? Trinity would raise prices due to "shortages". High demand = High prices

But the track directors are screwing up, they are there to run races that the racers want. Get others organized and demand it. If you have enough people then they have to listen or you have to start your own track.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

As a racer(stock and 19t spec only) and a retailer, I can only say that it would be very difficult and ,in my opinion,a sad day when we have no stock racing. As previously stated,a new racer could not possibly understand the equipment needs to run mod only. Not to mention the obvious expense. As a retailer I can honestly say that one of the hardest things to sell to a potential buyer is the cost factor of rc. How many people REALLY know the difference between a Toys r Us rc and one that we race.
Your problem should not be directed at stock class racing but to your club director(s). If your club has a contingent of drivers who wish to race mod...then there seems no reason why they should eliminate it. Assuming you are paying for the oppurtunity to race ,it would do them no financial good to say no. Try talking to them. Good Luck

Last edited by Evoracer; 06-18-2003 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2003, 12:43 PM
CGR
Tech Regular

you club has issues. If enough people want to race mod have a mod class. at our track you can race damn near anything as long as anough people show up that wnat to run it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.