Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Laruel MD TCS info request >

Laruel MD TCS info request

Laruel MD TCS info request

Old 04-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Laruel MD TCS info request

Hi. Looking at possibly attending the TCS event in Laurel MD this year. Its in July so I am trying to start planning now. I have a TA-05MS so I have to run in the GT1 class. I am looking at this body set: http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=51306

I need a good 19 turn motor. Looking at possibly the Reedy 19 Challenger? Whats a good fast 19turn for the lowest price? I'm running a Trinity Li Pro 4500 battery so I am good there. Also, since I have to run Tamiy rubber, what is a good tire and insert combo for that location?

I don't expect to be a serious contender, I haven't raced in over 7 years, I just want to have a good showing and have fun. Oooh, if someone could email me a good set up sheet for this location that would be awesome. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Old 04-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It will be hot- Laurel in July can be in the high 90's and very humid- so that means B3's. Go for Tamiya green inserts all around. I'd use 40wt all around with white front springs and yellow rears with 1 degree of camber up front and two degrees in the rear and a 2 degree rear toe. And I'd do brushless unless budget is your prime concern. But then I'm a total wussy. Maybe Jimmy Mac or Casey or Punkboy can give you advice more closely related to high finishes in GT1 at Laurel. Either way, traction will be at a premium.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is that you Michael? I run Laurel every year... PM me sometime and I'll let you in on some info.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

PMed you JimmyMac. You in the Charlotte area?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nope. Goldsboro. But I race in King, Durham, and Fayetteville. Sometimes I go to VA and MD and SC to race. I'm looking up some info and I'll PM you later on.