R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Pro-10 Article in latest Xtreme (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/215522-pro-10-article-latest-xtreme.html)

AdrianM 04-03-2008 08:58 PM

Pro-10 Article in latest Xtreme

If you guys want to see pics of the new Pro-10 cars from BMI, CRC, Speedmerchant and Darkside Motorsports check out page 132 of the latest Xtreme R/C cars.

Also, we have recieved a few emails and calls at BMI about there not being any electronics in the car in the article. When you look at the BMI DB10R in the article it does have normal electronics installed just like all the other cars...they are just behind the battery for better balance and tidy appearance.

For better pics check this link out:

http://www.redrc.net/2008/02/bmi-racing-db10r-pro-10/

Ferrarimk13 04-04-2008 10:42 AM

i want to see!! xtreme always sends them so damn late to me, when i actually want it, and when im not expecting it, it comes in the previous month! lol

Bull_Dog 04-04-2008 01:25 PM

Whats up with the Darkside Motorsports car no description or manufacturer info :flaming:

AdrianM 04-04-2008 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bull_Dog (Post 4325596)
Whats up with the Darkside Motorsports car no description or manufacturer info :flaming:

It not Xtreme's fault. I had contacted 7 car companies to send Pro-10 cars in for the article but only BMI, CRC and SpeedMerchant sent cars.

I spoke with Eric At Darkside and he said he was sending a car but he never got around to it.

tallyrc 04-04-2008 06:49 PM

are the other 3 (or so) manufacturers still really in development stages or are they finking out?. i have been following this all very closely and have yet to hear anything concrete on any manufacturers other than the ones who have already shown either prototypes or production cars.. bmi, darkside, speedmerchant and crc.. who else is for sure preparing cars and what sort of timeframe are we looking at? can't help but feel like the sooner these cars all hit shelves the better.. there was a ton of buzz a while back, but no manufacturer has yet to capitalize on it..

AdrianM 04-04-2008 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by tallyrc (Post 4326310)
are the other 3 (or so) manufacturers still really in development stages or are they finking out?. i have been following this all very closely and have yet to hear anything concrete on any manufacturers other than the ones who have already shown either prototypes or production cars.. bmi, darkside, speedmerchant and crc.. who else is for sure preparing cars and what sort of timeframe are we looking at? can't help but feel like the sooner these cars all hit shelves the better.. there was a ton of buzz a while back, but no manufacturer has yet to capitalize on it..

CEFX, HyperDrive and Corally were in the group discussing 200mm Pro-10 but they either didn't have the time or cars avaialbe to send to Xtreme.

tallyrc 04-04-2008 06:54 PM

are they all still in prototyping stages or have their plans been shelved? just haven't heard anything.. is associated not working on one?

AdrianM 04-04-2008 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by tallyrc (Post 4326327)
are they all still in prototyping stages or have their plans been shelved? just haven't heard anything.. is associated not working on one?

I haven't talked to them so I don't know ehre they are at with their cars.

I hears AE is working on a car and so is Tamiya!

tallyrc 04-04-2008 07:23 PM

tamiya? that is interesting.... thanks for the updates..

Kody 04-04-2008 10:12 PM

Hey Adrian,

When do you expect this car to be out?

Theres a few from our local track (SIR) that will be racing this class soon and this is the car that i will be getting...:nod:

Thanks,

Kody

Xtant3150c 04-04-2008 11:05 PM

Congrats on the Magazine Coverage.

I like to hear that AE is possibly making one. Would give me something to do with my 12L4 if it could be converted?

Ferrarimk13 04-05-2008 08:58 AM

tamiya? interesting, that would be a nice TRF model, with all the blue anodizing.

AdrianM 04-05-2008 09:36 AM

The DB10R will be out in 2 weeks. We are waiting on the pod plates to get anodized and thats it.

RCSteve93 04-05-2008 02:39 PM

I just finished reading the article. It was a real good read. I think I will be getting a DB10R to complement my 2 other DB12R's.

THE DARKSIDE 04-05-2008 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by AdrianM (Post 4326253)
It not Xtreme's fault. I had contacted 7 car companies to send Pro-10 cars in for the article but only BMI, CRC and SpeedMerchant sent cars.

I spoke with Eric At Darkside and he said he was sending a car but he never got around to it.

Originally Posted by Bull_Dog (Post 4325596)

That's not totally correct Adrain. Due to waiting on parts from the machine shop, I was unable to send out a completed chassis for the magazine in time for their article. I did however send out several pictures as well as a descriptive narrative of the chassis and its features. This according to the magazine's representative was plenty acceptable for inclusion in the article. I'm puzzled that despite this information being sent, not a single reference was made to my company or the pictures of my chassis that were included in the magazine article. Very dissapointing to say the least.

Eric Dimmick
Darkside Motorsports