Originally posted by evaa
guys, need ur info on these two chargers.
Some questions that come to mind are:
1) What bugs did u experience while using them? 2)
2) What's the difference between them?
3) Are there software versions? If so, whats the latest for both?
4) Are they worth the money I have to shell out?
5) I read in some threads that you can update the software in them, how do you upgrade?
I'm considering purchasing a used Turbo 35 BL so I need to garner as much info as I could, the CE website gives a fairly vague description (no pun intended) so any help from u guys would be highly appreciated. tanx
I own the T-35 Stealth
2) Mostly software. Explaination below.
3) I don't know the current numbers, but the Stealth is the latest software. I don't beleive they had more that one version on the stealth.
4) I feel like mine was money well spent.
5) You must send it to CE. The T-35BL is upgradeable to Stealth specs.
The main upgrade from the BL to Stealth was the software. They changed a small bug that only showed itself while cycling high voltage nimh cells. You could either send it to CE to be upgraded, or set the discharge to a 7 cell discharge. What would happen, is the pack's voltage would be very high right off the charge, and would would receive a ''voltage too high'' error when the cycle went to discharge.
You would not have this error after the pack sat around, cooled, and voltage leveled off, or after you ran the car and lowered the voltage. It would only arise right after charging, or during cycling.
They also removed the connectors off the output wires, which would sometimes melt together during high drain discharges. I think some of the later BL's didn't come with connectors either ( don't quote me on that though ).
The output wires were also upgraded to a softer silicone wire, from GS Racing.
Hope that helps.