Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion Vortex Race Controllers

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Team Orion Vortex Race Controllers

Now this is a surprise. Orion will have a sensored system coiming out that just happened to be like the GT and Venom which are all made by HW.

Here is the link: http://www.teamorion.com/Products/Vo...ace+Controller

ORI65006 Vortex Racing Sensor ESC 120A
ORI65007 Vortex Racing Sensor ESC 60A
ORI65020 Vortex Controller Digital Setting
box (DSB)
Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

It looks like an OEM product, like the Speed Passion GT. Nothing wrong with it though (I like my SP ESC ), but nothing new I guess.
Greetings Victor
Old 04-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

it looks more like an LRP to me. that 1/36 controller is looking awesome as well.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

They are nice. I like my HW a lot and I'm trying to get something done to bring a new controller out.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Where can I buy this Hobbywing ESC??

Not the Orion, Speedpassion or Venow badged ESC!!

Thanks for helping.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by evotrf
Where can I buy this Hobbywing ESC??

Not the Orion, Speedpassion or Venow badged ESC!!

Thanks for helping.
I was going to try and bring them, but HW said they didn't want to loose friendship with Speed Passion. So I guess I'm the only person in the USA that actually has the HW controller.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

In truth, Speed passion is the main brand and OEMs to Hobbywing. Hobbywing provides Speed Passion with quite a bit of local R&D, just like we do for Speed Passion, but from several thousand miles away.

We at Schumacher USA are the US exclusive for Speed Passion, and therefore are not only aware, but we have some say as to what comes into the states as OEM product while working so closely with Speed Passion.

You can certainly buy Hobbywing directly from them if you wish.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
In truth, Speed passion is the main brand and OEMs to Hobbywing. Hobbywing provides Speed Passion with quite a bit of local R&D, just like we do for Speed Passion, but from several thousand miles away.

We at Schumacher USA are the US exclusive for Speed Passion, and therefore are not only aware, but we have some say as to what comes into the states as OEM product while working so closely with Speed Passion.

You can certainly buy Hobbywing directly from them if you wish.
Shawn,

I would love to agree with you, but I can't. I've been in contact with HW for a while and I was the first to ask them for a car controller even before Speed Passion had them. I was interested in a high voltage controller for car and after waiting they gave the news of a car controller and at that time Speed Passion came up. Now I've been talking to HW now and they said they are the manufacturer of the controllers and they seem to have a good friendship. I told them the changes I would want for them to OEM my controllers and I hope HW can do it. HW asked me if I can order 2000 units a year and I can agree with that and more. I will wait and see what they say. Shawn you have done an awesome job with the Speed Passion line and people loves them and if HW gives the OK, I will not intend to market them like you do. I will mainly offer them as a Off-Road and 1/10 Monster trucks so it will not interfere with your on-road support. I hope you understand.

Regards.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lutach
Shawn,

I would love to agree with you, but I can't. I've been in contact with HW for a while and I was the first to ask them for a car controller even before Speed Passion had them. I was interested in a high voltage controller for car and after waiting they gave the news of a car controller and at that time Speed Passion came up. Now I've been talking to HW now and they said they are the manufacturer of the controllers and they seem to have a good friendship. I told them the changes I would want for them to OEM my controllers and I hope HW can do it. HW asked me if I can order 2000 units a year and I can agree with that and more. I will wait and see what they say. Shawn you have done an awesome job with the Speed Passion line and people loves them and if HW gives the OK, I will not intend to market them like you do. I will mainly offer them as a Off-Road and 1/10 Monster trucks so it will not interfere with your on-road support. I hope you understand.

Regards.
good luck, God forbid Monopoly on Trade
Old 04-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

SP are just great at marketing and distribution, just like most other Chinese companies they just source OEM companies to manufacture products, albeit with their purchasing power they can demand many changes to products during manufacture.

Just think of them as a new age Trinity

As far as i know the proprietor has a background in manufacturing memory sticks.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hi folk's since it seems you guys well prepared about SpeedPassion/HobbyWing stuff,i would like to ask you a simple one:
I'm planning to get a teamOrion 100A sensored esc for my Pro10 and i've found it at a resonable price in a LHS.The trouble is that the esc doesn't come with the programming card that is supposed to be sold separatly,the shop doesn't have any left and the owner is no longer in business with the Orion dealer.(that's why i get the esc for a good price ).searching online the price is quite out of discussion in euro's.
In another hobbyshop i can get the HW programming card only,for a quarter of the price of the Orion Branded one.
At this point the question is obvious: since the esc's of all brands related to HW/S.P. are the same in everything except for some stikers and made from the same people,(this is from what i get around the Forum) could it be that different branded programming cards are compatibles to different branded esc's ?
If not:does it means that the difference thru one brand and another is also in software?
Or just a gimmick to avoid that one distributor with lower taxes or whatever doesn't resale is own product to other markets?

Last edited by ghiro; 05-18-2009 at 04:39 PM.