2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Scotty is trying to find the best balance of performance and safety. There is a lot at stake from a liability standpoint and it is his butt if something goes wrong. It is better to err on the side of caution.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mmmk..
Old 08-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Scotty is trying to find the best balance of performance and safety. There is a lot at stake from a liability standpoint and it is his butt if something goes wrong. It is better to err on the side of caution.
Totally understandable. Thank you to those involved for looking into this more carefully.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Hello everyone.

well as everyone on here can see, we have a very important issue infront of us. As I can see many of you are very concerned and some even upset from the PM and emails we have received, so to those guys, I suggest the following.

Grab both ears rub them slowly and say..... OOSAAAAAA..... OOSAAAAA.

Everyone please relax.

This is obviously a very complex issue that I am dealing with. I am currently talking with many people in our industry to try and come up with the fairest and most important the SAFEST procedures to follow. Our first priority is Safety. As many of you are worried about getting the utmost out of your packs and as some of you had said will do crazy things to get this performance. with performance out weighing the importance of safety to you.

so at this time, I am working to have a procedure. It is going to be a couple of days until i have all my info and we are able to make a safe procedure that is also fair to everyone.

So everyone please relax.

SYNDROME: As for this being "Lame" that it is just coming out now. I would look at it as good, I am glad this came out now so everything is safe and we have no issues. Don't worry your winning or loosing of the IIC is not going to be determined this week by what ever Lipo procedures we decide.

Contrary to what some of you guys think. Lipo's are still new to our industry. Battery companies will tell you, they are learning new things each and every day about this new technology. so as racers learn more about charging, discharging and running them, our safety procedures will also have to evolve as we learn more.

So everyone please relax and lets get back to talking about the fun we are going to have at the IIC. That is why we do this hobby isn't it? Because it is fun.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 08-10-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
That would be Micro and Garret that know how to use the Flywheel at the IIC!

EA
pulling me outa the woodwork huh lol....

i dont even have a fantom dyno wheel hahaha

got a timing gauge tho
Old 08-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Tech Lord

Thanks for your due diligence Scotty. I look forward to my bottom 10 finish, cold LiPo or otherwise.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Thanks for your due diligence Scotty. I look forward to my bottom 10 finish, cold LiPo or otherwise.
wow anywhere in the bottom 10? somebody thinks his rice cake might stay together?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
SYNDROME: As for this being "Lame" that it is just coming out now. I would look at it as good, I am glad this came out now so everything is safe and we have no issues. Don't worry your winning or loosing of the IIC is not going to be determined this week by what ever Lipo procedures we decide.
I'm going to have to disagree here, less than 2 weeks before some of us will be leaving and we wouldn't know what to bring or what clothes we should pack if people didn't ask about rumors they had heard.

Warm lipos might not be the difference between winning or losing but the punch difference a warm lipo provides is comforting to me. We'll see in the mains when all the nimh cars jump out the start and the lipos just go.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I've found just by doing one cycle on the battery warms them Right up, maybe not to 140, but it gets the temp in the battery for the performance your looking for.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Tech Master

yeah it does, but its also more harmful to the battery, and not everyone has a way to do high amp discharge so a snake warmer is much cheaper and better solution. (disclaimer i have 2 gfx so i can and do discharge usually in my snake warmer to keep it nice and warm, and even when i run the pack pull it off and put it in the warmer blanket and discharge at 35 amps and recharge at 12amps then leave it in the warmer another 10mins before the race starts for 1hr rounds, the battery case still just temps around 110-115)

maybe i need a better snake warmer, but i walked in and the guy asked how big my snake was, i said pretty small, so i'm just using what he gave me.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

You never tell another man you have a small snake.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

geez, i leave town for a few days and i come back to 2.5 pages.

heated lipo's will not matter if you are in my race. a heated lipo does no good when you are upside down and in the wall.

i wounder just how many of you bozo's are going to show up with a truckload of rainbow bright stickers to hand out to the amatures.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
geez, i leave town for a few days and i come back to 2.5 pages.

heated lipo's will not matter if you are in my race. a heated lipo does no good when you are upside down and in the wall.

i wounder just how many of you bozo's are going to show up with a truckload of rainbow bright stickers to hand out to the amatures.
Were you guys at Brainard this past weekend? If so how did it go?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

You guys should just run mod and will have more power than you'll ever need without having to warm your battery.

In some cases, you just have the decide that you can't play babysitter and need to step back and let things take their natural course. If a guy heats his battery to 180 and burns the place down, he will be held responsible in a court of law as will the company that advised the customer/team driver to do so.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka
*sigh* Lack of knowledge for heating of lipo batteries. SMC bakes them in an oven at 180* for a temp test! The heat really gives a big performance boost to a lipos performance...People should really read, research, and do their own testing to see what happens. The battery in a mod run will hit the 130 degree mark anyways halfway through...

The difference is that 130 degrees is in the safe zone and 180 degrees isn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.