Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

shameful day when we'd rather pay money to go back to work instead of using that money in the wonderful community*, cultural events* and art* of the enviornment we have selected to congrigate* in.

*wonderful community = vegas women
*cultural events = gambling
*art = do pasties count?
*congrigate = It's the Freakin' IIC Baby!
Old 05-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

Remember Monday is a holiday, so you dont need to take the late flight Saturday or Red Eye,

BIGDADDYSWANK: Thanks for the kind word, I know most guys know we are trying to make the best event possible. Unfortunatly not all things work out as planned nor do they work for everyone's schedule or life, but we sure try, Thanks for your continued support, and go get that Back 2 Back this year!
Problem with the Banquet right after the event, is that our team has to begin teardown right away. So time is so short for us, we cannot do it at that time.

Bear: That is funny! You da man.

Scotty
Old 05-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hello all,

Well, I had to make a command decision yesterday and I need to let everyone know about it.

My intention were good, but from the feed back I have received from many people both racers and industry, I had to change my idea of having an awards banquet. I wanted to have an awards dinner for everyone after the event, but from talking to so many people it sounds like most people would not be attending it. So we will be having a special buffet dinner after practice and we will hold our drivers meeting during this dinner. This will be included with your entry. We will talk with everyone at this years IIC to see if the Awards Banquet is a popular idea and if it sounds like it will be, we will consider it for next years event.

So there is real no change to the schedule of the event, we will still run the finals on Saturday. And present the awards after each main.

CrashBe: I just read what I posted to you and it sounded pretty hardcore, sorry about that. I was trying to ask if you see this as a problem with 1/12th scale cars?

Thanks guys,
Scotty
I in no way took it as harsh, Scotty. Don't worry about it.

Unlike the Gen X 12 and Hot Bodies 1/12th, for example, which have a wide open motor box and have the ability to rotate the solder tabs straight to the front of the car, some of the 1/12th cars that still have somewhat of a closed motor box still have some trouble squeezing the brushless motors into that tight space. At the Nationals in Omaha they allowed us to trim the solder tabs so that we did not have to grind away too much of our box or cross brace. It in no way provides an advantage other than ensuring that the motor wires do not interfere with anything, chassis cross brace, motor box or body. Brushless motors are still not completely user friendly to 1/12th as far as physical application goes.

Again, thanks for all of the hard work put in so that we racers have this fantastic race to look forward to each year.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:34 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Crashby - I'm planning on going....

Scotty - Crashby has a valid request, it's almost impossible to get a BL motor in my 1/12 w/out shaving down the motor tabs. Hope you allow this

See you in Vegas,
Paul
Old 05-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I've been looking at the new World-GT class for the IIC. Question is, the body lists 3 Protoform, but two of them cant be found. Any ideas??
Old 05-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Crashby, P2....I'll see you guys there

Team MADD RIP in the house!!
Old 05-11-2008, 03:39 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
I've been looking at the new World-GT class for the IIC. Question is, the body lists 3 Protoform, but two of them cant be found. Any ideas??
Just from looking at the names... Alfa Romeo 8C and Mosler MT900 GTS, perhaps Mopar Viper GTS but that doesn't make much sense to me.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:13 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Rumor has it your only "mad rip" comes from your rear end in the pits about 8AM

Originally Posted by JayBee

Old 05-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

scotty - i think that the awards banquet would be pretty cool, only problem is that it has to be at the end, by then guys are burnt out and ready to get the f out of dodge. going to big races deprives you of sleep anyways, not to forget we are also going to be in vegas. i do not know if anyone has ever stayed up for 5 straight days, but i might try.

by the way, what will the dimensions of the track be?????
Old 05-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayBee

Yeah-a! The old Nats crew back together again!!! Lookin forward to it!!
Old 05-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
We'll probably get an answer on the 15th. Either that or Dale will come on here and answer it for us
Old 05-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

23 hours and counting until we have registration open for the 2008 IIC.

Make sure to take the time to fill out all of the information on the entry form.

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

In case you havent seen this click here
Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Jeff or Scotty-
Has there been any decision/ clarification on whether or not we're using 'GBS-approved' only bodies?
Old 05-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Good Evening all,

Well, we are all set for tomorrow. things are ready to roll. Boomer and I have tested the entry system many times and everything looks great.

For those of you that entered online last year, it is pretty much the same, but with with a few new field for you to enter. Just make sure you fill out all the info you can, this will help us tremendously. If you decide to mail it in, your post mark date will be your entry date. Not many people mailed them in last year, but if you would like to it will be no problem.

CRASHBY: It is a go on the trimming of the motor wire solder tabs for 1/12th scales.

Also, We will be updating the weight limit on 1/12th scale. Weight will be 865g including transponder.

Grenade10: Protoform will have 2 new bodies out, scheduled for June they will meet all the dimensions designed for this class. The exact info and details I do not know. I am sure when Dale can come on here to clarify he will.

Thanks again
Scotty
Old 05-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

17.5 Brushless Rubber Tire Amateur ? what is an amateur racer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.