Wiki Posts
Search

2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Scotty,

Any clue what time Monday night registration will start? I have an exam at 6PM. Wondering if I should arrange to have someone sign me up.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:48 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoelV
Hey Scotty,

Any clue what time Monday night registration will start? I have an exam at 6PM. Wondering if I should arrange to have someone sign me up.
10PM Eastern time

EA
Old 05-09-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

I assume the handout motors will have a seal on them?
Old 05-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sweet. Thanks EA.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

it's really cool that i will be able to pick up my a main trophy as soon as i win..

i am really excited about this race.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
it's really cool that i will be able to pick up my a main trophy as soon as i win..

i am really excited about this race.
Yeah, your G main trophey will be with your car as soon as you get done marshalling.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Yeah, your G main trophey will be with your car as soon as you get done marshalling.
yeah mine was waiting right beside my 1/12 scale at Roar nats
Old 05-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
Even if it turns out to be LRP, I think it is a bad idea.

Whether the motor are handouts or if you have to bring your own, there is the same ability to cheat, and the same work required to determine the legality of each motor.

The price did not go up much, but it is still $30.00 (and $20.00) more than it needs to be.
rick what you complaining about. even with the brushed handout there is a greater ability to cheat.

cranked timing, replacing magnets, drilling the arm, bearings instead of bushings... did I miss anything EA?

atleast I don't have to hone the bushings, polish the shaft and align the brushhoods with brushless, cut the comm, zap the magnets and I don't have to buy $10 a set XXX brushes every round. my motor building skills, lacking as it is, are are going to be less of a concern to my ability to compete.

and so I get home and sell the motor for 40 bucks to a local that is looking to get another brushless motor cus he blew his up and make a proffit. because if I get another CO27 I'm going to have to start my own motor building business to get rid of them.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
rick what you complaining about. even with the brushed handout there is a greater ability to cheat.

cranked timing, replacing magnets, drilling the arm, bearings instead of bushings... did I miss anything EA?

atleast I don't have to hone the bushings, polish the shaft and align the brushhoods with brushless, cut the comm, zap the magnets and I don't have to buy $10 a set XXX brushes every round. my motor building skills, lacking as it is, are are going to be less of a concern to my ability to compete.

and so I get home and sell the motor for 40 bucks to a local that is looking to get another brushless motor cus he blew his up and make a proffit. because if I get another CO27 I'm going to have to start my own motor building business to get rid of them.

I am not syaing the handout should be brushed. I am saying there is no need for a handout, period. We will just have to see how it all works out.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hello all,

I will try to answer everyones questions.

BLACKSTOCK: Thanks very much. Glad you feel the same. Props go to Protoform and Parma for getting together on this. We do have a method and plan for teching the bodies.

1/12TH SCALE BODIES WILL REMAIN AS THEY HAVE BEEN FOR MANY YEARS. NO RESTRICTIONS ON THESE.

theisgroup: Mains started at 7am and were done by 5pm.

Change for this years event.
A MAIN TROPHY'S WILL BE HANDED OUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER EACH A MAIN. THIS WAY THE EMOTIONS WILL BE OVERFLOWING AND EVERYONE IS IN THE MOMENT. PICS WILL BE TAKEN BY MEDIA AND FAMILY, THEN NEXT RACE. ALSO THIS ALLEVIATES TRYING TO GET ALL THE GUYS TOGETHER AT THE END FOR AWARDS.

syndr0me: Thank you for your support, We are trying to make this the absolute best we can. Obviously Brushless motors are far more expensive than a brushed motor, so our goal is to keep the entry fee as low as possible, the more detailed the motor, as you mentioned the cost goes up.

overflow: there are many things that guys have learned over the past couple of years with Brushless motors to mess with them. Handout motors will help make the fairest contest possible.

yeti35: Thanks also to you for you support!

TURD: I heard your kinda a big deal? Thanks

BEAR: Thanks, Kind words.

JayBee: Glad you are all set, you are going to have a blast.

As always, if you have any other questions, please let us know.

website is up www.intchamps.com

Entry will go live Monday night, Boomer and I will be live online if there are any problems and RCTECH will be our chat area during this time.

Thanks,
Scotty
Scotty and or Boomer!

Will we be alowed to trim the solder tabs on the brushless motors to squeeze them into the smaller 1/12th motor pods?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

How many rubber tires will be handed out per entry? I know we can purchase new ones and have them tech'd, but the 17.5 class stated handout tires by Jaco!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drifter73
How many rubber tires will be handed out per entry? I know we can purchase new ones and have them tech'd, but the 17.5 class stated handout tires by Jaco!
The Jaco's worked out well last year. I only used one set for quals and mains as did many others from what I heard. I used a couple during practice but they were used tires I brought with me. I think you can buy up to four sets, but do not quote me on that.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I know the tires are gonna be Jaco's but does anyone know if they're gonna be green's or blue's?
Old 05-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abailey21
I know the tires are gonna be Jaco's but does anyone know if they're gonna be green's or blue's?
They were greens last year and I doubt it would change for this year since they worked well before.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hopefully the new wheels are ready by IIC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.