Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Well, someone eventually is going to ask this, so it may as well be me. What is going to be the deffinition of sponsered? Will this mean a chassis sponser or do people that get help from say a shop and maybe motor company qualify as sponsered? I only ask because there could be a grey area on this and just want to get it out in the open. If it truely means no sponsers at all, then that will be a good thing for a lot of people that have attended before only to have to run with sponsered guys. Sorry Scotty and Boomer, but someone had to ask.

In Holland Scotty told us this class was for drivers without any sponsoring !!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Well, someone eventually is going to ask this, so it may as well be me. What is going to be the deffinition of sponsered? Will this mean a chassis sponser or do people that get help from say a shop and maybe motor company qualify as sponsered? I only ask because there could be a grey area on this and just want to get it out in the open. If it truely means no sponsers at all, then that will be a good thing for a lot of people that have attended before only to have to run with sponsered guys. Sorry Scotty and Boomer, but someone had to ask.
In one of Scotty's other post it says something along the lines of ANY sort of help is considered sponsorship and will not be able to race that class. I know as a manufacture I would be MORE than happy to give him a list of guys I help out to make sure no one is in there that shouldnt be!!

Great job as usual Scotty.

EA
Old 04-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

PM for Scotty.

Sup EA?
Old 04-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hmm non sponsored that would be me. 17.5 ain't bad but not sure about the rubber. but then it would be handout correct
Old 04-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

I'm sure the rubber classes will be on the new Jaco green.

NIMH isn't that bad syndrome..
Old 04-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smoke81
NIMH isn't that bad syndrome..
Especially if your name is on the cells.

Later,
Old 04-30-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Greetings and salutations everyone, I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to another great time in Las Vegas. During my travels over the past month, I have heard from many overseas drivers that they are very interested and excited to attending the IIC this year.

All of us are looking forward to the venue change and we know you will enjoy being located right on the strip, close to all the exciting things Vegas has to offer.

Here are the classes we will be running for the 2008 IIC. You can register for a maximum of 3 classes, 2 Sedan classes and a 1/12th scale class. World GT is a Sedan class.

Amateur- 17.5 Rubber tire
13.5 Rubber tire
Modified Rubber tire
13.5 Foam tire
10.5 Foam tire
Modified Foam tire
1/12th 17.5
1/12th Modified
World GT 13.5

I want to let everyone know of the reason for the delay in posting this information. We are working very hard to make the 2008 IIC the first Handout Brushless race for the Stock Divisions, This being said, we are still working with all the motor companies to try and make this happen. I know everyone needed to know exactly the classes we were running, but I ask for your understanding as we try and move our event to the next level of completion.

As we are trying to finalize all this motor info,

I NEED TO MOVE THE REGISTRATION DATE TO MAY 12TH 2008, SAME TIME AS BEFORE 10PM ET- 7PM PT

Entry fee and other info I will post in the next couple of days as soon as we finalize the motor structure, but it will not change much from last year.

Again I thank everyone for their understanding and if you have any questions, please let us know.

Thanks much,
Scotty
What is a "Stock Division"? And handout brushless motors or handout brushless sytems?

Last edited by Rick Hohwart; 04-30-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I was talking to the tech guy last night and he wasn't speaking when I asked him pointed questions. He just looked at me like I was some crazy freak off the street asking him for his rc car. So I guess we will have to wait to see what Scotty says.

I know alot more than I should.

Last edited by Kraig; 04-30-2008 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
What is a "Stock Division"?
Are you racing stock now?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What about people that may have been sponsored in the past, but dropped them to be a privateer?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
What about people that may have been sponsored in the past, but dropped them to be a privateer?
Your own pocket, is your own pocket.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Stephen, you going to make it this year......
Old 04-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wonder if an amature class would become something along the lines of a 'grooming' field for sponsors? Win the amature class, talk to a sponsor?

could be very cool.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I am assuming this post is in regards to the amateur class, if a person were previously sponsored in the past, how can that person be an amateur?

I love the fact that this class is going to be available, because I think I am a good candidate for it. I have been racing for around a year, no sponsors and am no way a top level club driver. I feel that I could actually have fun running the amateur class, running with the same skill level drivers.
But if people are going to use the “I am not sponsored anymore" line, then what is the point in having it. I hope there are more defined rules or people are more honest about where they should be and not sandbag for the sake of winning in Vegas.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No worries overflow. Anyone who would sandbag an amature class has more issues to deal with than lap times.

We all want to feel that we are competing on an honest and fair level. We are fortunate that Scotty and Boomer are running this race for that reason specifically. I doubt they would go easy on someone previously sponsored looking to sandbag a class meant to nurture and bring in fresh driva's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.