Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS >

2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS

2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS

Old 08-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sitting in the airport waiting for the redeye, reliving all the different things that happened this past week, along with all the tales that will eventually leak out of vegas. I want to thank all of SEP and everyone involved in putting this show on. Once again, it was a blast.

I would like to thank Donnie Lia for putting up with all my strange antics, however, it gave me an idea what a national champion goes through to claim the title from the IIC.

I would also like to thank thank all the guys in the mod 12th for putting up with a rookie while I learned the ropes, and Bruce from Speed Merchant for giving the advice to figuring out which direction the car is supposed to travel on the track...
Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just got home, what a crappy flight!

I want to thank Scotty and the entire crew for a great race, you guys put on one hell of a show!

I also want to thank Josh Cyrul, Alan Hewitt and the KO guys for a new steering servo recommendation when mine took a dump after the 2nd qual.

And most I need to thank all the Schumacher guys for the setup help on carpet, you guys knew I never ran on carpet and you all hooked me up so well with a fairly dialed setup.

Kevin and PPD, you tweak plate is second to none man, thanks.

Sir Michael Haynes for the assistance and good humor with the Speed Passion ESC's

And to the entire amateur class I told you you had nothing to worry about...and for the record I wasn't sandbagging!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by abailey21
Just got home, what a crappy flight!

I want to thank Scotty and the entire crew for a great race, you guys put on one hell of a show!

I also want to thank Josh Cyrul, Alan Hewitt and the KO guys for a new steering servo recommendation when mine took a dump after the 2nd qual.

And most I need to thank all the Schumacher guys for the setup help on carpet, you guys knew I never ran on carpet and you all hooked me up so well with a fairly dialed setup.

Kevin and PPD, you tweak plate is second to none man, thanks.

Sir Michael Haynes for the assistance and good humor with the Speed Passion ESC's

And to the entire amateur class I told you you had nothing to worry about...and for the record I wasn't sandbagging!
Damn, I wanted to meet you while I was down there but it never happened. I may have seen you at registration since I was there helping out the first day. Oh well, there is always next year for I know I will be there!!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

1st IIC down, with many more to come The Riviera...the strip...$1.25 margaritas @ Slots of Fun........I'm there

Scotty, Boomer and crew did a FANTASTIC job!! Impressive to say the least.

Thanks to Micro (my local hero), fast & furious Drew Ellis and especially silky-smooth Ray Darroch with all the tire & gearing help.

Thanks to Schumacher and all my teammates for the hilariously great time and support.

See everybody next year if not before that.

B-Main or bust!!!

Last edited by JayBee; 09-01-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Met a candidate for "Who will be the next Matt Francis?"...Not an American either.

Name is Francesco Martini from Milan, Italy. Super nice guy with lots of driving talent.

That's FM instead of MF...

And just like Matt...He doesn't need a driver's stand.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I had a great time. The rest of you keyboard cowboys need to man up, go to a big race, and strut your stuff in the D main. :-)

I have a lot to work on...
Old 08-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

First off I want to thank the whole entire IIC crew for a well prepared and run race again like always!!!!!

As for the racing....Great as always when you get the best of the best on the same track...congrats to all the winners....

I myself had an eventfull week....from first run to last run what a transformation in my new cars....With some advise from a few friends(you know who you are) and a few ideas I had, I feel that the next race will be very good for me and the Team Magic cars....To only miss the mains by less then 1 second in Foam and 2 Seconds in Rubber I am pleased with the performance with absolutley no practice other then the 4 runs there....I know with the support that Team Magic is willing to give me, the cars will be more then up to speed at the next race!!!!!

Few People I want to thank also are Joe Pillars from Team Orion for all the help...Marc,Viktor,Jilles,Hupo,Andy,Thad for the crazy fun pit table....

And last but not least......My Pit support Crew from Colorado...Damn you guys are wayyyyyyy too much fun....I really really enjoyed all the razzing this week...it been along time since I have laughed that much..you guys are CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!...BTW....Mario, nice screensaver!!!! were there trophies on there?..I think I saw them once!!!!LMAO

Barry
Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I had a great time. The rest of you keyboard cowboys need to man up, go to a big race, and strut your stuff in the D main. :-)

I have a lot to work on...
I did strut my stuff, just was the fact it was in the E main in rubber!!! I would like to commend you for I think you took the verbal beating really well and you really are not that bad of a guy. It was nice to meet you, Art and Mario finally and I hope to see you guys again. If my carpet track is a go this winter, maybe I will be able to run with you guys again next year. I still say foam is way more fun, no matter what you say!!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

more pictures from the trophy and mains and final pictures starting here

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=53&page=25
Old 08-31-2008, 11:28 PM
R/C Tech Founder

We just got home, I want to thank everybody for showing up and for making this such a great event, again. Scotty and his crew put on a fine show and everybody already can't wait for 2009.

For those who weren't able to get them or couldn't make the race, we'll have the official 2008 IIC shirts up for sale on www.ampdraw.com in the next few days. The money goes directly towards supporting the race, so it's a good buy. Scotty's race trailer was stolen from the parking lot on Thursday and the crew had to scramble to buy a new one; some of the racers pitched in and donated a bunch of money to fund a new one. If there's any doubt about how much people care about this event, there you have it!

And to everybody who came out last night, hope you enjoyed the show! haha
Old 09-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Maybe I'm nuts, but I could of swore I saw Jimmy Madison walking around the pits at IIC.. Just wondering why he was there and not racing?
Old 09-01-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smoke81
Maybe I'm nuts, but I could of swore I saw Jimmy Madison walking around the pits at IIC.. Just wondering why he was there and not racing?
jimmy and his wifeare in the US on a non rc vacation, he told me he was planning on dropping in for a look. long way to go when a race is on and not race
Old 09-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

wow wow and wow. What a week. I'm so depleted from concentrating all week and working hard to do my best. Just got home from the ol' red eye...

Didn't really mind the flight though, because I had such a great, amazing, and educating time.

Biggest thanks for me has to go to my hometown crew. They really pulled together to keep ME together. Thank you guys so much, I never would have done anything if it wasn't for you guys. And Nick, you sally.

Of course, none of this would be possible without the phenominal efforts of the Earnts crew. This event has to be the single most involving experience for the general racer. It was infrequent to see any of the general racers struggling because there was so much interaction with the pro drivers.

Also, big thanks to Rob and Jeff from Corally. Parts and advice was SO appreciated.

Finally, Al Dente, RPage, Yeti, Still Bill, and many others, it was great to put faces and real names to screen names. The complements ensure many more posts, and the drinks..... well, the drinks just made me hit on Mrs. Page. Granted Mr. Page was busy flirting with Brian Wynn,,,,, but still.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

bear glad to beat you again I mean see you again. man you had the bad luck... but atleast you didn't get punted while in second in the "B" 13.5 foam main on the last corner off the track by filipow.... but j did apologize so no hard feeling ....it was the last corner. could of been worse it could of been the second to last corner for the lead in the world gt "A"....... had fun even though I didn't for the first time in 3 years take a trophy home. got to win what your in. always next year. so video of the "A" world gt race first for www.rc50.com
Old 09-01-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

i had so much fun i do not even know where to start.

baker - you are a world class wrench and wheel. i am amazed at the skill and willingness to try anything to make it work. you and pillars made a great team, and it was inspiring to watch a car go from a pile of untested parts to an a-main worthy whip.

smyka, dumper - you guys are load of fun to hang out with. as soon as i get the infomation on the new carpet track you guys will be on the list. had a great time all week. great job on the win. dumper, hope you were able to make it back to the room to get your stuff. i know i was a bit wobbly on the walk back. see you guys soon. and never, ever play blackjack with frank.

scotty and crew - a perfectly run race. with all the b.s. and problems, it still went off without a glitch. good luck, and you will see me again for sure.

all the rest of you guys that i had met for the first time, it was great to meet you, even the bear. now i gotta run and go eat some chocolate cake.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.