Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLEVELAND US INDOOR CHAMPS 2008

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jrp
I remember your first trip. You had rear tires as big as a tractor Took us a while to convince you and your dad to cut them down
Big tires had more traction! I think my tires were smaller in 1994 when i TQed.

So who is jrp?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveL
What's up Jeff? Yep, I've missed the past five years but got the old car out yesterday and had a blast. If I play my cards right, I'll be back in Cleveland before you start running Masters! Say hi to your Dad for me.
Right on..... would be great to see you again. You don't have to go far to say hi to my dad, he is floating around on this message board also. I will mention it to him though.

Always good to talk about RaceTech Motorsports........

Jeff
Old 12-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Brown
Big tires had more traction! I think my tires were smaller in 1994 when i TQed.

So who is jrp?
Jimmy Piersol
Old 12-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveL
Jimmy Piersol
Well that explains a lot.......... since I read about Jim and Sean in previous magazines. haha. Oh wait...... I've seen Jim and Sean a lot lately, just need you back Steve.

Jeff
Old 12-09-2008, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default resend

Originally Posted by John Warner
Mr. Bill.... Shot another PM at ya.

Thanks,
John
please resend
Old 12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Hey John your last pm did not come in please resend
Old 12-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, I've just got done catching up with the workload left for me while I was here playing. So here is my time to speak.
Thanks to all who came to play, hope you had fun.
Thanks to all of the manufacturers that gave door prizes, and special thanx to Spektrum, for the DX3R I won, it is great.
Thanks to Bob Stormer for the pit towels and the tee-shirt. and yes I am one sexy billboard.
Thanks to the entire Indoor Champs Staff, (we know who we are) I felt things ran smoother this year, than in years past. And I know we will improve for the future.

And to all those that joined us, if any suggestions, please post them here.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Shorter
Thanks to Bob Stormer for the pit towels and the tee-shirt. and yes I am one sexy billboard.
Dude, you're just sexy anyway... The shirt is just frosting on a cake.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really did not need that picture....

hey Bob are you keeping your car pointed in the right direction
Old 12-11-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
I really did not need that picture....

hey Bob are you keeping your car pointed in the right direction
I think you're car must have been leaking something and oiled up the corner. I think I saw a fender, an axle and most of a quart of battery fluid in that corner...I'm not entirely unconvinced that Frank Calandra was sitting there and just "wacked" my car with a shovel...

Also, I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD.

And props to Frank for getting a shovel through the airport.

Last edited by Bob-Stormer; 12-11-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:48 AM
Tech Addict

Bob I have a message from Holiday Inn for you, Thanks to the pit towel you give away not one towel from the hotel came up missing. Big Thanks
Old 12-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MR.BILL
Bob I have a message from Holiday Inn for you, Thanks to the pit towel you give away not one towel from the hotel came up missing. Big Thanks

Our pleasure.

That's hard to believe though, as I stole 4 myself. Nah, just kiddin;.

Perhaps we should do it again next year? I think to few people wanted to trash the towel as intended and used it as a pit mat or souvenir.

I've got a few other ideas that might help the racers A LOT. I'd like to somehow address the things I see that irritate me or cause others to have a to do a lot of extra work.

I'd like to see a charge table with 10 chargers on it for the guys that are staging. It's a pain in the arse to pack all that stuff down there if you end up back to back or need a good peak. That would help me relax a bit. Likely a LOT of others too.

Also, packing and traveling with a tire truer is a HUGE pain in the butt. Perhaps that tire truing room could be setup with say 6 matching truers in it all guys would have to know is something like bring your favorite arbor with an 8mm bore.

I believe something like that would be a good fit for a company like Stormer Hobbies.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Even if there is just a power supply for both the tire true area and stageing .....it would be nice . Thanx for the towel Bob.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:33 PM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
I'd like to see a charge table with 10 chargers on it for the guys that are staging. It's a pain in the arse to pack all that stuff down there if you end up back to back or need a good peak.
+1 on the staging chargers. That used to be a staple at the US Indoors. As the batteries got better, folks drifted away from it, but it was apparent this year that a peak at the line was still a good thing. Maybe if you chain them down some slime ball won't steal them either....
Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jrp
+1 on the staging chargers. That used to be a staple at the US Indoors. As the batteries got better, folks drifted away from it, but it was apparent this year that a peak at the line was still a good thing. Maybe if you chain them down some slime ball won't steal them either....
Just have to pack them up each night, prolly take 3-5 minutes. I think the other reason people got away from it was "what do you do with $3000 worth of used electronics?? That's a legit issue.

I think we can make this happen if Mr Bill and the crew are cool with it. We have time to start thinking about it, and planning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.