Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
What's a good servo? >

What's a good servo?

What's a good servo?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am a racer on a tight budget, I have been using the jr sport servos, mostly used on air planes. But I run them in all my cars and truck and like them very much. And they have a three year warrenty.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

quick question about digital servos, don't they need to be programmed? i'd like to use a jr z3650 servo with my airtronics radio but i don't want to buy anything but a servo.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifter73
Can I get some suggestions on what servo to run on carpet, Touring & 1/12 scale!
You list that you have a Corally RDX Phi as your touring car. Without having to cut away at the top deck for clearance of the servo saver, your servo choices may be limited. The best fit for me was the Futaba 9550 low-profile servo about a year ago; however, that has now been replaced by the new 9551 model.

If the brushless Futaba BLS451 fits without cutting the deck, that would now be my first choice. Have only heard rave reviews of that one...being both fast and torquey.

Get input from Phi drivers about any others that fit; or, just contact Jeff at CorallyUSA.

Bill