Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system >

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Old 08-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
This is.correct, lower FDR's usually offer more power but eventually more heat.
In my case, a lower FDR with higher turbo/profile settings has decreased my temps.

I use to see 80 degrees C after a 5min run using low turbo/profile settings on a higher FDR.
But that may have been from me trying to get more snap out of the corners, by reducing the turbo kickin rpm, when using higher FDR's.

Interestingly, when using high FDR's with lower turbo settings, and having higher motor temps after a 5 min run. The ESC never thermal-ed on me, at that time my thermal cut was set to 90.

Now that I have changed to a lower FDR with higher turbo settings, I had to disable my thermal cut as the ESC would thermal cut after just 5 laps.
The motor temp would only be at 40 degress when the ESC thermal-ed.
The heat sink on the ESC was only reading 30 degrees at this point, and now after disabling thermal cut, after a 5-6 min run it maxes out at 40 degrees.

I can only think that there must be a bug in the software as the temps are too low for it to thermal cut.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 AM
Tech Initiate

This is.correct, lower FDR's usually offer more power but eventually more heat. The reverse was removed from the software during development as every track I have ever been too dose not allow the use of reverse. If you get the option to switch reverse back on then you lose another function.
Again Guys sorry but you still not getting it . . . think out the box the class you use dont use reverse

Now what about all the other class's. .
I and others do and need it in our rules your ESC MUST HAVE reverse or you cant use it

Again I bought the team wave because it has reverse and as you say Dragonfire

"If you get the option to switch reverse back on then you lose another function "

In my case STOCK AND SPORTSMAN but like I said bring out 2 software upgrades But OUR CLASS MUST REPEAT MUST HAVE REVERSE otherwise we cant use the ESC and when we bought them they were programed with reverse

Imagine a driving instructor buys a car to learn people to drive . . .
His car goes in for a service he gets it back and now has no reverse so he demands his money back and goes and buys another one WITH REVEVERSE

well the same to us I cant use the RBS with out reverse

So below is what others require not just you Dragonfire

we just want two upgrades as in below but for the likes of Drangonfire the class you run you want sports man and stock and the class I run I must repeat must have reverse I cannot stress this enough

thanks Gazza

Old 08-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If other esc's can do it (the reverse thing) and be blazing fast im sure Teamwave could to and not lose any features.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
RBS V202g profile setting guide

Page 1/ Time Shift ( 1 – 9 ) Higher number for higher overall speed
Page 2/ Gain ( 1- 4 ) Higher number for faster acceleration
Page 3/ Turbo (1-9) Higher number for higher top speed
Page 4/ Kick-in (1 – 9) Higher number for earlier kick-in*
1/ off
2/ 35,000rpm
3/ 33,000rpm
4/ 31,000rpm
5/ 29,000rpm
6/ 27,000rpm
7/ 25,000rpm
8/ 23,000rpm
9/ 21,000rpm
Page 5/ Drive profile (1-9) Higher number for higher punch
Page 6/ Neutral brake (1-9) Higher number for stronger neutral brake
Page 7/ Temp cut ( 1- 5 ) 90C,100C,110C,120C,OFF
Page 8/ LiPo cut (1 - 4) 6.4V,6.2V,6.0V,OFF
Page 9/ Motor ( 1 – 2) 1 = super stock, 2 = sportsman (ROAR SPEC)**

*Higher Kick-in number doesn’t always equal to faster straight line speed or faster pick up. User may experience faster acceleration, speed catch up using lower kick-in value.

**Super stock means item 1-4 are activated.
**sportsman (ROAR SPEC) means zero timing, item 1-4 are deactivated.
Thanks but that stuff is on your website!!! Has anybody got advice on FDR for a HB cyclone on a tight track for 13.5 wave motor? Or should we stick to the recommendations on the team wave info sheet?
Old 08-24-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Hey there Ben,

You should try the setup which SeanV posted on the previous page, he has the wave combo running fast and consistantly around 60 degrees C at Meyersdal. If you're looking for a setup at KMR for the layout we ran on Sunday then you can go down 1 tooth on the pinion .
Old 08-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary_UK
Again Guys sorry but you still not getting it . . . think out the box the class you use dont use reverse

So below is what others require not just you Dragonfire

thanks Gazza
I think what Dragonfire is saying is that 99% of Races and Racers DO NOT ALLOW a speedie with reverse. Therefore TeamWave is catering for the MAJORITY, not the minority, as is your case unfortunately.

Having a speedie WITH reverse (even though it can be turned off) will probably make it illegal for most of the BIG events.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Having a speedie WITH reverse (even though it can be turned off) will probably make it illegal for most of the BIG events.

hence my other posts . . . .

It would be nice if they release two 2.02g stock and reverse

and they call it
2.02S and 2.02R one has stock / sportsman and the other forward / Reverse

. . . . . . . . .

Again I bought the team wave because it has reverse

but like I said bring out 2 software upgrades But OUR CLASS MUST REPEAT MUST HAVE REVERSE otherwise we cant use the ESC and when we bought them they were programed with reverse

His car goes in for a service he gets it back and now has no reverse so he demands his money back and goes and buys another one WITH REVEVERSE

Could MAX (Team Wave )please answer

Thanks
Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gary_UK
hence my other posts . . . .

It would be nice if they release two 2.02g stock and reverse

and they call it
2.02S and 2.02R one has stock / sportsman and the other forward / Reverse

. . . . . . . . .

Again I bought the team wave because it has reverse

but like I said bring out 2 software upgrades But OUR CLASS MUST REPEAT MUST HAVE REVERSE otherwise we cant use the ESC and when we bought them they were programed with reverse

Could MAX (Team Wave )please answer

Thanks
1 - Settle down with the CAPS, the BOLD and the RED. We can all read. I'm sure Teamwave are able to read as well.....

2 - How the hell would a scrutineer be able to tell whether you had reverse or not???

I believe TeamWave are trying to produce a competitive RACING esc. RACING esc's do NOT have reverse.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Adept

Gary_UK:

We will try to put reverse function in the coming firmware. Although this feature is not in high priority but we will consider.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well I am sure it would be no problem to add a reverse function but it would require more development to ensure the reverse function works in harmony with all the other functions, and therefore more time. If you are required to have a reverse to race then that is fine, but relise the the use of reverse during any race or qualifier under all the rules I am aware of is an instant penalty. To redevelop the software to have reverse to suit less than 1% of racers and hold up the final product for more than 99% of racers is not really a logical thing to do. But realise that Max is putting in the effort to develop the software to make the ESC fast and suitable for all users.

Is the class you race in a serious class (a sanctioned class)? Perhaps the original RBS or RB30/50 software is already adequte for you needs?

As I was involved in the development of the RBS software for some period of time I have all versions up to 202h. A few versions back we had reverse along with basic timeshift/turbo functions. Although it is very easy to do stupid things with this software if you don't know how to use it maybe this may be more suitable to someone who needs reverse. Ask Max if he can post one of these versions for you to use.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
1 - Settle down with the CAPS, the BOLD and the RED. We can all read. I'm sure Teamwave are able to read as well.....

2 - How the hell would a scrutineer be able to tell whether you had reverse or not???

I believe TeamWave are trying to produce a competitive RACING esc. RACING esc's do NOT have reverse.
Sorry did not mean to be rude

as for Question 2

Simple. . . on the start line we get our car numbers called out and we have to move forwad 6inch and back 6inch to prove we have reverse ( 6inch =150mm )

As for RACING esc do not have reverse . . . .
I bought the team wave because it had reverse and did not know that future up grades would not

If I knew that future upgrades would not cater for reverse then I would not have bought it as its no good to me . . . Simple
Old 08-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
Gary_UK:

We will try to put reverse function in the coming firmware. Although this feature is not in high priority but we will consider.
Thats great News for us all. . Thanks guys we look forward to this upgrade as we are still stuck on v1.0
Old 08-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Well I am sure it would be no problem to add a reverse function but it would require more development to ensure the reverse function works in harmony with all the other functions, and therefore more time.

Not really its just programing value number 9

just re-program this back to the origanal forward reverse like in ver 1.0

If you are required to have a reverse to race then that is fine, but relise the the use of reverse during any race or qualifier under all the rules I am aware of is an instant penalty.

Do not mean to be rude but there is other racers in the world that run to differant rules and reverse is a must

To redevelop the software to have reverse to suit less than 1% of racers and hold up the final product for more than 99% of racers is not really a logical thing to do. But realise that Max is putting in the effort to develop the software to make the ESC fast and suitable for all users.

Again not really . . . the software in value 9 was originaly forward and reverse and now its stock and sportsman so just bring out two versions with the two lines of code one for sports and one for reverse

Is the class you race in a serious class (a sanctioned class)?

Oh yes its taken very serious indeed

Perhaps the original RBS or RB30/50 software is already adequte for you needs?

yes its adequte but I did not want to mention this . . . its are old rivals as im up against the Tekin crowd and dont like to be laughed at as you all well know

As I was involved in the development of the RBS software for some period of time I have all versions up to 202h.

Great can you post them on here. . .

A few versions back we had reverse along with basic timeshift/turbo functions. Although it is very easy to do stupid things with this software if you don't know how to use it maybe this may be more suitable to someone who needs reverse. Ask Max if he can post one of these versions for you to use.

I did ask Team wave this via e-mail and nothing . . I did have a few sent to me but lost the lot hard drive went
Hope that helps

Gazza
Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

1. Is I add more time shift #1, is it going to add more turbo #3?

2. What is the different between Time shift gain and Drive Profile?
Old 08-25-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

1 No

2 Time shift is the motor timing
Drive profile is like the computer Tx exponational . . .
So lower Number will be soft on take of and high number will be instant sort of thing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.