Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system >

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Old 05-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys havn't posted for a while but my brother makes up for me!!

But last night i tried 3x 17.5 motors all geared with a fdr of 4.1, and the results were interesting. Each motor gave different handling but around the same speed.

Firstly x12 0000 insert, time shift was set to 7 and no turbo and gain was 2. Now the car was very stable with this motor explosive bottom end and very linear to top speed.

Secondly novak ss timing to minimum, time shift 9 turbo 1 gain 2 and kick in at setting 6, car was extremely smooth and felt like it had a lot of positive grip and was punchy at mid speed so in other words as you would exit a corner it would want to shoot out.

thirdly duo 1 no timing, time shift 9 turbo 1 gain2 and kick in at setting 6. Now this motor was explosive at a point in between low and mid speed. So if you got on the power to soon it would kick sideways wildly and then step back in. So you had to drive it differently.

But all in all all 3 motors to me were the same speed but gave different handling characteristics to the car. So this is something to keep in mind when you are choosing your motor.

Also i drove with no body on and on low grip to feel the exact character of the car.
On another note the x12 will run the hottest, the other 2 similar but the duo will handle heat better than the novak. Hope this information is useful!!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
I would love for it to be out soon but we are waiting on two different versions to be finished 1st. I also have to complete the guide. I hope it will be this week still.
Hi
What Model esc do you suggest for 17.5 and 13.5 to be able to compete competitive at National level.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 2Quick
Hi
What Model esc do you suggest for 17.5 and 13.5 to be able to compete competitive at National level.
obviously the RB-S
Old 05-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hi do i still need to set the throttle to reverse or dose it not matter
Cheers
Old 05-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
Hi do i still need to set the throttle to reverse or dose it not matter
Cheers
There are 4 of us that run RBS/RB50 speed controls here and everyone has the throttle set to normal, none of us could get it to work when in reverse. Don't know if thats right or wrong, but it works for us in normal.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also use forward as opposed to reverse on the throttle. There are differences between the various brands of radio's so maybe the requirement of reverse is particular to a certain brand(s). With the modern ESC I can't understand why it matters at all.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
There are 4 of us that run RBS/RB50 speed controls here and everyone has the throttle set to normal, none of us could get it to work when in reverse. Don't know if thats right or wrong, but it works for us in normal.
What problems were you having then
Old 05-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
What problems were you having then
It would not work when we have the throttle option set to reverse, or I should say, throttle was when brake is applied, and all brake when normal throttle applied. When the reverse is set to normal it operates properly.

I have to agree with Dragonfire, I think its written with certain radio intention.

The weird part is I can get it to work on setup with LRP speed controls, normal or reverse, all done in the setup mode. But it doesn't work with the Team Wave.

Atlascopco, If you have a trick to get this to work, please inform us.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lanzer, maybe you can help me on this one. I can upload the previous software versions but the 202 says that there is an error and it will not upload. What do I do
Old 05-26-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Max, really liking the look of this new software update. 2 of us are running team wave's at PRECC and one had updated software last night and WOW... Looking forward to updating mine for test n tune this sunday...
Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tandman
Lanzer, maybe you can help me on this one. I can upload the previous software versions but the 202 says that there is an error and it will not upload. What do I do
sometimes it will fail and after a couple of goes will work!! Don't know why but thats computers for you!!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tandman
Welcome to my world! I'm not sure why but some speedies take a few to update firmware possibly just a dirty connection? Anyway if it starts playing up when u/ling firmware I just switch off the transfer (switch on program box), give it abiut 10secs and then start again. For my speedy it usually works 2nd or third attempt. Every other esc I have updated works 1st attempt so the problem is not common.
Old 05-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

HA you Guys comin to CC10 Rd2 to show us this new awesome power
Old 05-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Senna Racing
HA you Guys comin to CC10 Rd2 to show us this new awesome power
I would have thought you already knew the answer to this...
Old 05-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
It would not work when we have the throttle option set to reverse, or I should say, throttle was when brake is applied, and all brake when normal throttle applied. When the reverse is set to normal it operates properly.

I have to agree with Dragonfire, I think its written with certain radio intention.

The weird part is I can get it to work on setup with LRP speed controls, normal or reverse, all done in the setup mode. But it doesn't work with the Team Wave.

Atlascopco, If you have a trick to get this to work, please inform us.
No i dont have at trick for you , i can only get it to work set into the reverse position and it works fine .
I went out for the first time with the new firmware and it was FANTASTIC super quick what a good job that he guys have done im well impressed
i was running 10.5 on a large carpet track with the gear ratio at 5.7 and a novak ss .
I found it a bit wild exiting the corners could someone recommend a setting ajustment that would not affect the top speed , i think drive profile
Cheers
Simon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.