Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker
yeh I bought 2x team waves a couple of weeks ago to replace my tekins thinking cos the firmware is upgradeable, that there would be no new speedies from team wave for a long time.

I race only stock class, and bought my rb50's for that purpose, and now to hear that there is a new speedy out for stock spec class, is like getting a kick in the gut while lying down.

surely you can somehow integrate your new rb-s technology into the rb-50.

I would look pretty silly trying to keep up with a rb-s with my rb-50
x2

It's even worse for me. I have the RB30 which is totally out of the "twin turbo" firmware upgrade. For you RB50 owners, there is hope. So ... it seems
Old 12-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Where can I order an RB-S?
I really do not think that we can complain when a company comes out with a newer and better product. I ordered a RB-50 last week before they had announced the RB-S........kind of sucks but hey, brushless technology is changing very fast and to keep up with it the esc companies have to put out new products.....but hey, I also just switched to running the Tamiya 416WE and 2 months later I just ordered a 416X. I guess the RB-50 goes in the WE car and the new RB-S will go in the 416X
Old 12-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey tandman
yeah long time, yeah back racing 12 scale. took last summer off. might be moving to your neck of the woods.

and now back to our original scheduled programing.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Someone has said it already but why not bring use one esc but have two different sets of firmware available for it depending if your a stock or mod racer?

Thanks for the replies about my problem but it looks like it is a receiver problem, Max is helping me out so things are looking good
Old 12-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Its unfortunate but the RB-30 and 50 both use the same firmware. If The twinturbo is avalible for the 50 then 30's will also be able to use it. I imagine we would then see a lot of failures with the 30 and a lot of people complaining about something that is their own fault.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi

Sorry to crash the thread but I've recently bought a Teamwave RB50 second hand and I don't think it's working properly.

The bloke I bought it off told me that it has been updated with the latest firmware, this rings true as not all of the numbers that appear on the handheld programmer display match the numbers printed on the firmware table (V1.10) when I plug it in.

The problem is that any brushless motor connected to it revs relatively slowly, I can't put a number on the amount of revs but it makes my car crawl along when on the track. The funny thing is that immediately after I have performed the radio set up procedure and apply full throttle on the transmitter the motor will rev' like mad for about 5 seconds before slowing right down. After this the motor will only rev slowly unless I perform the setup procedure again.

I've gone through the radio setup numerous times, I've tried different batteries, receivers, motors and even transmitters but it made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas or is time to send it back for repair and start "beasting" the seller?

Any help would be much appreciated

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find a table of values for the latest firmware update (V1.1a) because at the moment I'm sort of guessing some of the figures?
Old 12-05-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Random Spike
Hi

Sorry to crash the thread but I've recently bought a Teamwave RB50 second hand and I don't think it's working properly.

The bloke I bought it off told me that it has been updated with the latest firmware, this rings true as not all of the numbers that appear on the handheld programmer display match the numbers printed on the firmware table (V1.10) when I plug it in.

The problem is that any brushless motor connected to it revs relatively slowly, I can't put a number on the amount of revs but it makes my car crawl along when on the track. The funny thing is that immediately after I have performed the radio set up procedure and apply full throttle on the transmitter the motor will rev' like mad for about 5 seconds before slowing right down. After this the motor will only rev slowly unless I perform the setup procedure again.

I've gone through the radio setup numerous times, I've tried different batteries, receivers, motors and even transmitters but it made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas or is time to send it back for repair and start "beasting" the seller?

Any help would be much appreciated

P.S. Does anyone know where I can find a table of values for the latest firmware update (V1.1a) because at the moment I'm sort of guessing some of the figures?
Replace the sensor wire.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Random Spike,

You must turn on "Throttle Rev" on your radio before radio setup.

The table is the same on the user manual, except timeshift maximum value is 5.

If can get slow, red LED flashes or solid on when throttle in neutral position, you have set LiPo cut off wrongly.

try this:
http://www.youtube.com/user/teamwave.../1/FSz67PF5WaM
Old 12-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

IS Team Wave planning on doing a 1/8 ESC any time soon ??
Old 12-06-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default The heatsink needs to be a neutral.

Black is always a good choice. I hate mixed match colors. Otherwise I hope it has as many or more FETS than the Tekin. A nice heat sink design with the option of a fan would be nice.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hi All,

RB-S is now on sales in our online store!

http://teamwaveonline.com/2007/order.htm

TEAM WAVE
Old 12-08-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Initiate

so if I want to use the RB-S on a 1/12, whit a 9.5T, I need to use a RX
pack?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
Hi All,

RB-S is now on sales in our online store!

http://teamwaveonline.com/2007/order.htm

TEAM WAVE
So is the handheld programmer still good for the RB-S? Or is there a new one?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Rookie

When running the RB-30 with 1s lipo, will it be better to run a receiver pack with a BEC or us the Novak Smartboost? Thanks for your input.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
So is the handheld programmer still good for the RB-S? Or is there a new one?
You can use the same programmer it will come with a new settings sheet so you know the pages and levels of the function of that page as well. I do not know if Max is going to make another one but the original one works just fine. Follow the setting table with the speedo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.