New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone have some idea of how far away the RB-12 is for release??? it's the only pice i am missing for the my 12'th scale
Old 02-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
Thanks for the responses guys.
I'm trying the RB-S this friday night with my Novak SS 21.5

I have geared it to 42.5mm rollout (45.6 mm with SPX).
Timeshift @ 4
Twin turbo.
Profile 7.
Max. motor timing.

Will post results.
don't run full timing on motor straight away start half way then 3 quarter then full as i think novaks have a lot of timing and check temps regulary.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Ok then, what about the gearing ? Is this a good staring point ,or go lower ?

Originally Posted by decibels
don't run full timing on motor straight away start half way then 3 quarter then full as i think novaks have a lot of timing and check temps regulary.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default BL Motors differences

Hy!

Can anyone give an overview wich motors have wich characteristics (Timing, Heatresistance, ...)?
And wich one are recomended for use with these timeshift/Turbo settings?

Orion - LRP X11/X12 - SpeedPassion - TeamWave - Tekin - Novak - Fantom

Maybe someone have a more knoledge to share...

Greetz Rainer
Old 02-09-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
Ok then, what about the gearing ? Is this a good staring point ,or go lower ?
Yeh that gearing should be fine just check motor temps and go up in motor timing slowly if you feel you are lacking at a particular timing but have a lot of speed then gear down if it is the oppisite gear up just check temps mainly.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blueman Austria
Hy!

Can anyone give an overview wich motors have wich characteristics (Timing, Heatresistance, ...)?
And wich one are recomended for use with these timeshift/Turbo settings?

Orion - LRP X11/X12 - SpeedPassion - TeamWave - Tekin - Novak - Fantom

Maybe someone have a more knoledge to share...

Greetz Rainer
lrp x11 and x12 are very torquey motors but it seems the x12 have more advance standard from what i have heard. Speed passion is quite similar but has a lot of bottom end power. team wave is almost the same as speed passion. Don't know about tekin. Novak does not have much bottom end but a lot of middle acceleration and good top end. Fantom is trinity which duo1 is the best of all good balance of speed torque power and mid acceleration. duo2 same thing but runs a little hotter so gearing needs to be more spot on and nemesis just fades when heated although with revy rotor not to bad but duo's are my preference as they perform well to start with and can add timing easily!!
Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by decibels
lrp x11 and x12 are very torquey motors but it seems the x12 have more advance standard from what i have heard. Speed passion is quite similar but has a lot of bottom end power. team wave is almost the same as speed passion. Don't know about tekin. Novak does not have much bottom end but a lot of middle acceleration and good top end. Fantom is trinity which duo1 is the best of all good balance of speed torque power and mid acceleration. duo2 same thing but runs a little hotter so gearing needs to be more spot on and nemesis just fades when heated although with revy rotor not to bad but duo's are my preference as they perform well to start with and can add timing easily!!
THX for the Info!

Greetz Rainer
Old 02-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Default RB12

Originally Posted by Team_Elli
Anyone have some idea of how far away the RB-12 is for release??? it's the only pice i am missing for the my 12'th scale
Hi Team Elli

i have been testing the unit for a couple of months and the unit is very smooth and has not had any problems.

i know that max was trying to build a booster within the unit this will be much better.

The next test for me with the rb12 is at the 2010 Euro's at the begining of March.

Cheers

Alan
Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Addict

I'm running 11.5 motor. Want to know how should I setup the Turbo in RB-50 and RB-S. I have both ESC but I can't really see any faster then other people running ESC with no turbo? What should be the turbo setting? What should be the gear ratio?

When I holding my car with full throttle, I can see the green light goes on (turbo kicks in) and hear the sound form motor with sudden more rpm. But on the track, I can't see or feel any different.

I'm using new 50C SMC and IP batteries. I know you may say my battery is weak.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I will be running the tamiya race and planning to use the RB30 vs the Novak GTX for the silver can class (Mini) should i even bother using the RB30 or just use the GTX.

Any setups for the RB30?

thanks !
Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
I'm running 11.5 motor. Want to know how should I setup the Turbo in RB-50 and RB-S. I have both ESC but I can't really see any faster then other people running ESC with no turbo? What should be the turbo setting? What should be the gear ratio?

When I holding my car with full throttle, I can see the green light goes on (turbo kicks in) and hear the sound form motor with sudden more rpm. But on the track, I can't see or feel any different.

I'm using new 50C SMC and IP batteries. I know you may say my battery is weak.
I'm very far from being a expert on this, but from my limited experience with this speed control, if thats the fell your getting, chances are that your gearing is off, or at least thats what I'm getting for feed back with my testing. If it feels flat and the turbo doesn't feel like its kicking in your probably under geared (too small a pinion). Try going up, but watch your temps.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

I have some questions.
This is for our stock class.
Can the Teamwave run sensorless or when that is not posible start in sensord mode and go over in sensorless?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default sensored

Originally Posted by mikky32
I have some questions.
This is for our stock class.
Can the Teamwave run sensorless or when that is not posible start in sensord mode and go over in sensorless?

unlike the tekin as far as i aware this facility is not available on the tw
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default RB50 and TP 11.5R

Waiting package of RB50 from my HK colleague, any info track test of RB50 with Team Powers 11.5R? please kindly advise,, Thanks,,
Old 02-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Curry64
unlike the tekin as far as i aware this facility is not available on the tw
Ok thanks

I ask this because I'm making the rules for 2010 for our stock class (17,5T).
Most of them a beginners. The class is our beginners class but some drivers stay in that class because they don't have time to train a lot.

Now i'm making the rules that all the speedo's must be sensor-less and from LRP are the LRP SXX ss and the SPX for-bidden. But 1 of our drivers bought the RB50.
Now I want to now if this speedo can be set to a speed that is the same as a LRP TC. This way he can drive with his speedo.
I don't want that he must buy a new speedo for the few races he drives by the club. He races for fun and I want that he can have fun in the races with his speedo.
So all the information about the possibilities for this speedo to set it on LRP TC speed are welcome.
He has also the card to adjust the settings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.