Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Some questions...

I am currently running a Nosram SPX indoors on carpet - I have it set at punch 8 with a ratio of 5.8 in 10.5. Can someone point me in the direction of settings for an RB50 in relation to punch, timeshift and turbo for indoors.

I have seen some people posting about the RB12 for 12th scale - when will it be on general release?
Old 12-30-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The Speedpassion V3's only have a 10 degree advance. I always run mine at max 10 degree timing and gear from there. They do make quite a bit more power that way. At 0 timing or even 5(factory set) they run a little flat with no top end. I am running them in touring car rubber tire with the RB-50 profile 7, time shift 2, turbo on. on a 70X36' track geared at 4.09 with a fan on the motor they come off around 130-140f. I am still working on esc setup and gearing but this is the best so far.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
From my experience Tekins and SPX's don't have anywhere near as much rip out of corners as any of Team Wave speedo's!
I own both speedos (TW and TEKIN). You haven't seen my TEKIN in action then .

Last edited by bukil; 12-30-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys
These team wave electronics look kick a$!. Does anyone know if there is a distributor for team wave in Australia? Also anyone know the cheapest site to get the RB-50 + Linear brushless motor 10.5T combo pack. Really keen on getting on of these has anyone had any slight problems with them?
The motors have ajustable timing right?
Cheers for some answers
Old 12-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Hi deano,

yes there are a few shops stocking them in Australia. contact Pablo Diablo as he is the distributor for Oz.

Budget racer is one of the shops in Victoria that stock them.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deanomgwhiteguy
Hey guys
These team wave electronics look kick a$!. Does anyone know if there is a distributor for team wave in Australia? Also anyone know the cheapest site to get the RB-50 + Linear brushless motor 10.5T combo pack. Really keen on getting on of these has anyone had any slight problems with them?
The motors have ajustable timing right?
Cheers for some answers
Also Windsor Hobby and Race center is prolly the best place to start looking. I am not certain that there are any combo packs being made up but I sure the shop will offer a better than shelf price to make up a combo for you anyway. If you have a local shop that stocks them go for that first though.

The Linear motors do not have adjustable timing just the same as the SP sportsman series of spec motors.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bukil
I own both speedos (TW and TEKIN). You haven't seen my TEKIN in action then .
I would say you haven't got the RB setup properly then. The Tekin can still produce more RPM in racing config but you will need a decent length straight come close to gaining any advantage, unless they have a RB-S in their car, then you will have no chance.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Redwood
Hi guys,

Do any of the experienced guys (Pablo or Dragonfire) know what the best motor timing for the RB-50 is? I have a SP v3 13.5 and with my SP GT 2.0 speedo I set it to maximum motor timing but after reading this thread it seems like I should go for minimum timing but bump up the timeshift, anyone have any experience to share?

Thanks

Neal
As Pablo said I wouldn't bother with changing the timing on any motor. My brother and myself have played around with timing a bit and find that you tend to create more motor temp for the same top speed with more timing and less gearing. I think you will find that the factory timing on any motor you buy is generally the best place to run it. There are only loses of bottom end or top speed when you make a change. You need balanced performance to win races unless you are drag racing or oval racing.

BTW even though many motors are marked "0" timing at some point it is usually much more than this.
Old 12-30-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

has anyone been running a RB-S with 13.5 and a 1s lipo?? if so how did it work still use a booster or Rx pack?
Old 12-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I ran the Rb-50 in stock touring again and geared up to a 3.90 fdr, timeshift 2, turbo on, drive profile 9 motor temp with one fan was in the 150's f. Geared at 4.1 fdr it had slightly more infield punch and lower motor temp but the 3.9fdr just felt better and was easier to drive more consistently. The fast lap was the same but was easier to repeat at the 3.9 fdr. I tried different timeshift settings and different drive profiles but this yeilded the best results. Higher time shift took away the infield punch but did give a little more at the end of the straight but lap times were slower.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey Belarde
has anyone been running a RB-S with 13.5 and a 1s lipo?? if so how did it work still use a booster or Rx pack?

Yes it will work fine. We are running them now. Yes to either the bosster or the rx pack one or the other.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoyle
Some questions...

I am currently running a Nosram SPX indoors on carpet - I have it set at punch 8 with a ratio of 5.8 in 10.5. Can someone point me in the direction of settings for an RB50 in relation to punch, timeshift and turbo for indoors.

I have seen some people posting about the RB12 for 12th scale - when will it be on general release?

I am running the RB30 in my 1/12 scale now and it is real smooth with all the power you need. Atleast until new products become available.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Can't wait to see my Team Wave in action!

Thanks

Neal
Old 01-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
For Radio system support, Futaba R153/R133 receiver use 2.5V signal level which is too low for RB series speed controller. All 2.4G system use 5V system already and no problem for RB series controller.

For PCM system, it will work with PCM1024 and PCM synthesizer.

If user found problem with their receiver, please send us an email, we can ship you an extension cable which can boost the 2.5V signal to 5V.
A little shout out to the Team Wave support, Max sent me out a couple of leads for both of my team wave esc's to solve the problem, now they work a treat with my antiquated futaba radio gear
Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Some questions:

* Does the TW linear motors deliver the power at lower revs than most BL motors out there?
* And is all brushless linear motors?
* Does anyone have a god page with info about rc dc motors? types of BL, etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.