Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Rubber carpet settings

Hi, anyone (especially those in the UK) running the RB-50 in 10.5 rubber carpet - if so what settings are you using.

I say especially UK as I believe the carpet has less grip over here...
Old 11-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys I hear that a 12 scale speedo might be coming out.

what i'm curious will either the rb30 or rb50 work in in a 12 scale application. I believe the fan can come off the rb 50. just curious if anyone has used it in 12 scale this season using 1s lipo. i was planning on running the rb50 as it can be used for touring next summer. as I only race one or the other.

any info and or photo of a 12scale set up would be great all ..
Old 11-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

cyrrus....you still alive?
Old 11-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Update RB30

Hello,

Can I update an RB30 from 9-2008 ?

Tia.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Tech Regular

I`m looking for a new esc, i`m driving in 17.5 class so want a esc that has a good amount of power. how does the team wave rb50 compare to the other controllers out there? (tekin, lrp etc)
Old 11-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hatebreed
I`m looking for a new esc, i`m driving in 17.5 class so want a esc that has a good amount of power. how does the team wave rb50 compare to the other controllers out there? (tekin, lrp etc)
The RB series is similar to the SPX speedie having dynamic timing but much more control on how it is used. It offers a turbo which is different from all other brands that I know of. It somehow forces more current through the same motor giving you more power AND speed so it is not "soft" like tekin and LRP. I normally run mod but I ran in 17.5 the other weekend at my local club and had motor performance to the envey of all others.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scoyle
Hi, anyone (especially those in the UK) running the RB-50 in 10.5 rubber carpet - if so what settings are you using.

I say especially UK as I believe the carpet has less grip over here...
Sure, I use the RB50 with Team Wave 10.5 I pretty much run kit settings

time shift on max... profile 8 punch 8

what track do you race at?

Adam
Old 11-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

any of you have a used RB30 or RB50 w/programcard for sale? If you do pls pm me
Old 11-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

I managed to run the RB50 on saturday, i've been using a SP GT2 with an fdr of 4.05 with a SP17.5 at the track. With the RB50 I ran anywhere from a 4.3fdr to a 3.7fdr, and only with a 3.7fdr did i manage to match the speed of the gt2, the speedo settings on the RB50 is , timeshift 5, drive profile 9, and turbo on, the motor is about 162 degrees, with a TW17.5. I have tried 2 RB50 speedo's and 3 motors and still results are the same. I thought turbo would be some immense power?.

Thanks Ya`All
Old 11-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey just a update we just had our national title for Australia yesterday. It was a rb30 driven by me for a tq in stock and unfortunately only a second overall but that was more a driver mistake in the 3rd leg!! But equal best laps between me and 1st place and a fairway back after that. My brother took 4th in the A main for modified with one of the fastest laps in modified. Only a tenth in it. A good first result in a major race meet for Team Wave Australia. I'm not sure about any other driver's but Paul will update soon i'm sure. Also air temps were up near 40 degrees celsius and track temp over 60 degrees celsius at the hottest part of the day.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Hi Guys,

I managed to run the RB50 on saturday, i've been using a SP GT2 with an fdr of 4.05 with a SP17.5 at the track. With the RB50 I ran anywhere from a 4.3fdr to a 3.7fdr, and only with a 3.7fdr did i manage to match the speed of the gt2, the speedo settings on the RB50 is , timeshift 5, drive profile 9, and turbo on, the motor is about 162 degrees, with a TW17.5. I have tried 2 RB50 speedo's and 3 motors and still results are the same. I thought turbo would be some immense power?.

Thanks Ya`All
Although I mainly run mod, my experience with the RB speedo's is with turbo you need to run medium to low timeshift for more punch. Top speed will not suffer with turbo on. Start with timeshift 1 next time out and work up from there.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Just received my RB-30 and got it installed. Only issue I see is that the plug-in socket for the sensor cable is quite picky. Unless I hold the sensor cable so that it applies pressure to the socket just so, I do not get full contact and the motor will not run. The cable connector is fully seated in the socket and the cable is definitely good (tried in another speedo and works fine with no fiddling), so the the problem is definitely on the RB-30 side. I haven't run at the track yet, but I'm a bit worried that the cable will shift just a bit and everything will shut down. Anybody else seen anything like this? Thanks.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WatchOut
Just received my RB-30 and got it installed. Only issue I see is that the plug-in socket for the sensor cable is quite picky. Unless I hold the sensor cable so that it applies pressure to the socket just so, I do not get full contact and the motor will not run. The cable connector is fully seated in the socket and the cable is definitely good (tried in another speedo and works fine with no fiddling), so the the problem is definitely on the RB-30 side. I haven't run at the track yet, but I'm a bit worried that the cable will shift just a bit and everything will shut down. Anybody else seen anything like this? Thanks.
I've heard of that problem a handful of times with various ESC's. With some many wires in a modern brushless setup there are many places for something to be wrong. I suggest you try another sensor cable of a different brand 1st. If its still no good then chase up a replacement as you don't want your car to lose power mid race.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
Although I mainly run mod, my experience with the RB speedo's is with turbo you need to run medium to low timeshift for more punch. Top speed will not suffer with turbo on. Start with timeshift 1 next time out and work up from there.
Thanks, Punch is not what i was lacking, i was lacking top end, and only got the same topend when i geared it at 3.7fdr, and this would match the gt2 topend, there were guys with LRP TC Spec, and SP GT1.1 that had the same topend as me. I was just expecting alot more from this speedo with timeshift and turbo.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Thanks, Punch is not what i was lacking, i was lacking top end, and only got the same topend when i geared it at 3.7fdr, and this would match the gt2 topend, there were guys with LRP TC Spec, and SP GT1.1 that had the same topend as me. I was just expecting alot more from this speedo with timeshift and turbo.
Something must be wrong. On the weekend I raced 10.5 on a big track and had equal top end to SPX's but had more punch. What motor are you using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.