My son has been running his RB50 using Ver 2.02 in in 17.5 class for the last 3 months now using a LRP X11 motor.
Playing with the turbo, and timing settings and we had got to the point now where his car is as quick as the top runners, and after a 5-6 min time on the track, the motor would measure 70 degrees C.
Everything was just great.
So last week we took his RB50 and upgraded to the latest software, dropped a pinion size and hit the track.
Using the default settings, the car seemed fine until after only 3 laps the RB50 went pufff.
There was no forward drive.... and every time you touched the brakes, a small puff of smoke came out of the ESC.
When we got back home, I took my multimeter and took a few measurements.
What I found was a dead short between the +ve output connector and connector "C", i.e between red wire and orange wire.
There is no chance of a short between the wires/connectors themselves where they get soldered onto the ESC, as I use heat shrink over the connector posts.
Edit... Just discovered that the LiPo which was in the car at the time this happened is also buggered now, it has one dead cell.
Can someone from Team Wave please explain to me what might have gone wrong, I don't want to blow my other RB50.........
Which I run in my 13.5 car, and that has Ver 2.02 on.
Car is running great and I won't be upgrading that, in fear of blowing another one.
One a seperate topic...
I am told....The local distributor of TeamWave (in South Africa) will replace my blown ESC but will charge me R1000-00, which is equivelant to $150
For that price I can buy a second hand Speed Passion Ver2 GT ESC...