Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro's

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pro's

To be competitive what would be the right car? The electronics & motor ? what equipment do I need to have? to stay on top of the game ? I hear things like the more you have into your car the faster you will be ?

Please Advice
Thank You

Last edited by Armedforces; 03-23-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Corrected, structuerd, spelling for KE4PJO
Old 03-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Doing

Last edited by KE4PJO; 03-23-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default KE4PJO

Here it is I tried correcting the sentences as well as spelling I hope this is to your satisfaction. I apologize but English is my 3rd language also I have served in US Military for 10 years now what have you done?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Wow, This is a crazy thread. Maybe it should have been titled...
Grammar 101? But as far as picking up a sponsorship, it takes
winning at the larger races and being noticed not only for winning,
but for who you are as a person and fellow racer. At least that's
what I've witnessed over the years.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

If you have to ask then you may not be ready for sposership by big companies. As John Warner mentioned, win a few big races and sponsors will come to you.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok guys the bigger question here is what equipment cars, motors ect to be competitive ?? forget about the sponsorship question lol .
Old 03-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it's not about the equipment it's not about speed it's not about how fast you are. anybody can buy speed anybody can buy equipment

it's 3 things

it's all about practice.
it's about how close you can hit the corner without hitting the wall. it's about driving at the highest level you can... it's about consistancy

it's all about setup.
anybody at the top level can win with any good car if you understand the dynamics of the car. what controls push, over steer, traction. that comes with testing those different settings.

it's all about drive.
taking the time to learn and race and setting racing at the level that you want to get a return out of.

that's all I got.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Some of the fast guys try different chassis every few months with their same electronics. They find one they really feel comfortable with then narrow down the electronics. Chargers and dischargers. Find something that meets your requirements then you pay more money for the more compact ones.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey, I'm just saying, good grammar counts for something. What have I done? Retired US Army, three tours in Southeast Asia. Not that it counts for much, coffee still cost's me two bucks, with or without my DD-214. LOL
Old 03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
it's not about the equipment it's not about speed it's not about how fast you are. anybody can buy speed anybody can buy equipment

it's 3 things

it's all about practice.
it's about how close you can hit the corner without hitting the wall. it's about driving at the highest level you can... it's about consistancy

it's all about setup.
anybody at the top level can win with any good car if you understand the dynamics of the car. what controls push, over steer, traction. that comes with testing those different settings.

it's all about drive.
taking the time to learn and race and setting racing at the level that you want to get a return out of.

that's all I got.
*Thumbs up*

You hit it on the head, Dirla.

Too add to that, you also have to be a good representative and a good communicator. The people who have the most respect in this industry do those things very well.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
*Thumbs up*
You hit it on the head, Dirla.

Wow, Dirla hit something that wasn't wood.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well thank you all for responding to my question, but the question was and still is what car , engine , electronics should I get ???? No one said anything about those items besides there wisdom and theory on racing lol.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Get a car that is popular at your local track, so you can get help from more experienced drivers when you need it. As far as electronics goes, if you can afford the best stuff now, it's worth it because you won't have to spend more money to just upgrade later. Transmitters can last several years, speed controls are good to replace once a year. Chargers are good until they're obsolete.

If you're on a budget, get decent equipment, but not necessarily the best, and spend more of your money on practice and tires/bodies (and other things that help you to learn to drive and set up a car well).
Old 03-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh Cyrul won 10.5 super stock with a top scyth... not a foam tire car only because he can set it up to be a foam car. and drove the wheels off it. Kevin Hebert drove the wheels off a TC5 to finish well in mod TC a car that some don't consider competive the considered fast cars are the RDX and the Xray SMC goes through the most batteries. motors are all fast it's wether you can handle them.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Being in Military and moving a lot means it will be difficult to race what club’s are using a particular car. So what I guess Xray would be the choice, are lipo’s becoming popular for racing will they replace current batteries ? Also when buying a car is it easy to transform battery trays in order to fit lipo batteries. As far is equipment I know I will need set up board , charger/discharger anything else you all can think off ?
With that one more question when it comes to foam tires I have noticed that drivers cut them a lot just to race why is that ? those things are so expansive .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.