Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Track Announcers

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Track Announcers

Hey guys i thought i would bring this topic up cause i dont anyone else has!!!! LOL
In your opinion what do you think of you track announcers?
Do they pay attention to the racing infront of them or do they just watch the results go up on the computer system?

Give your Pro's And Cons of your track announcer? Do they meet your requirments and needs while your in the heat of battle?

Edward
Old 07-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well, I have two, since i race at two tracks. The more local of the two i will start with first.

Pros:
Usually Interesting race calling
No real glitches
Hand counts if you happen to lose a transponder
Friendly, easy to work with
Makes race interesting.

Cons:
Could watch the racing more and help keep it cleaner and more civilized.

Ok now for the other one. The other track is S&N's Trackside Hobbies in Milwaukee.

I do not have to say anything because it's Scotty Ernst we're talking about here!
Old 07-15-2003, 08:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've got a DVD of the Reedy race this year, and Scotty rocked. Can't wait to attend the Novak race next January to hear him in person.

Rob
Old 07-15-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Slim from Socal raceway is pretty good at race announcing. He gets distracted though when a gorgeous gal walks in. It's like we aren't racing anymore. Tough when you are trying to lap back markers.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:06 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Scotty Ernst is #1 when it comes to announcing. I've been spoiled enough to race at his track quite a bit, and I must say he's the best in the business.

Not only is he the best in the booth, but he's also a great guy to talk to in person. If you ever get a chance to race at S&N Trackside, do it! You won't be disapointed. I just got back from Trackside 2 hours ago. It's an hour trek for me, but it's worth it...

Speaking of the Novak race, Scotty was talking about that today. Sounds like he should have the date set here soon.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Barry Baker

I heard from some people that AE Driver Barry Baker, is quite the amazing announcer when it comes to races...
Is that true? Do you guys know any other famous drivers who do announcing when there not busy racing?
Old 07-16-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Barry's not too bad and Jimmy Babcock's pretty good with a mic too.

Gary Owen from AE is THE BEST I've ever heard, and John Thawley was an excellent announcer as well. Bill Stevenson of CORCAR and also the Kyosho Challenge is damn good too. I've never had the privelege of hearing Scotty's work, so I can't comment.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I heard some guy named Ian does a pretty good job, just a rumor though.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I appreciate the Props JBrake. I may do a little guest stint at ROAD RAGE this weekend, and as far as I know I'll be helping out at the US Indoor Champs again this year. I'm a little rusty but hopefully I can get the voice back in shape soon.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I race at trackside locally and he is the best announcer I have heard to date so far. Great race calling in the back and front of the action. Great person to talk to after the race and before as well.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

My local track is inside of an indoor skatepark so it is very loud, and the weak speaker system doesn't help. You're lucky if you hear the track announcer let alone be able to clearly understand what is being said .
Old 07-17-2003, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Scotty from trackside was the best I have ever seen at the reedy race.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Stop it you guys! You're all going to give Scotty a big head! OK we love him here too! Been to other tracks and the announcers leave a little to be desired. Barry Baker is alright too. Heard him at the TCS Nats in Cali.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AE: Sorry, you are wrong. Revo (the old announcer from Ripon) will forever be the standard that all other announcers are judged and he used to do the Reedy Race when it was at Ripon until he died suddenly at a young age. He is the only announcer who could make a I main sound like an A main. He called every race like it was the Indy 500 (or Daytona if you are a NASCAR fan). I announce whenever someone allows me too close to a mike, and I think that when me and Billy Bowerman (owner of SpeedWorld in CA) are announcing at the same time, we do a better-than-average job (or so we have been told) and we have a good time doing it. Scotty does a really good job (wished he called traffic for the leaders a little better and not pay so much attention to his locals back in the pack, but thats kind of expected since he knows the locals better), but Revo was in a class by himself.

He is still missed....
Old 07-18-2003, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Scotty does a really good job (wished he called traffic for the leaders a little better and not pay so much attention to his locals back in the pack, but thats kind of expected since he knows the locals better)
What locals? As far as I know none of the local guys have been to the reedy race. And he always calls the leaders for passes and traffic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.