R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Battery setup for LRP brushless (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/213311-battery-setup-lrp-brushless.html)

bboy 03-22-2008 03:13 AM

Battery setup for LRP brushless

I am upgrading my batteries for the LRP brushless system and am wondering what performance trade offs I would get from 5 vs 6 cells. Currently all my packs are 6 cells but I see all brushless guys are running 5.

Any opinions/suggestions?

mark34 03-22-2008 12:55 PM

THe main difference is that you will find the speed a lot easier to control with 5 cell over 6. Also there is a slight loss in top end but for the fact you wont needa dust pan and brush when ever you run the car, sits fine with me
HTH
Mark

bboy 03-22-2008 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by mark34 (Post 4284588)
THe main difference is that you will find the speed a lot easier to control with 5 cell over 6. Also there is a slight loss in top end but for the fact you wont needa dust pan and brush when ever you run the car, sits fine with me
HTH
Mark

I see, thanks.

So does that mean 6 cell would be better for large open tracks?

:sweat::sweat::sweat:

mark34 03-23-2008 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by bboy (Post 4285466)
I see, thanks.

So does that mean 6 cell would be better for large open tracks?

:sweat::sweat::sweat:

Having both 6 and 5 cell brushless I can honestly say that you will find the 5 cell setup better but if its a very large and open track then should be ok. Just glad I am in the uk so wont see you in tears when you bust the car lol

bboy 03-24-2008 03:15 AM

I just tried both 5 and 6 cells on my LRP 4.5 and I must say I much prefer 6 cells since I have more punch and top speed. The car does feel lighter but lacks top speed and since I am used to 6 cells (weight), I guess I will stay on 6 cells for now.

Cheers.

:tire::tire::tire:

Mission Mad MI2 03-24-2008 04:26 AM

5Cell

What we have found is if you are at a track that you would use a 4.5 BL in 6cell then ,when you go to 5cell on the same track it is best to go to a 3.5 .This will more than compensate for your lack of power .

Hope tis helps .

Cheers Mark

PS we also found changing 6cell packs into 5cells and the differant charging levels associated did not do the cells any good ,so it would be benificial to start with new packs for 5cell
;)

bboy 03-24-2008 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Mission Mad MI2 (Post 4289220)
What we have found is if you are at a track that you would use a 4.5 BL in 6cell then ,when you go to 5cell on the same track it is best to go to a 3.5 .This will more than compensate for your lack of power .

Hope tis helps .

Cheers Mark

PS we also found changing 6cell packs into 5cells and the differant charging levels associated did not do the cells any good ,so it would be benificial to start with new packs for 5cell
;)

Ah... interesting. May be I will try this next time. This sounds good.