Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default speed passion,GTB,LRP TC

which brushless system is the best
Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

my oppinion may be biased or it may not be

i have borrowed a novak GTB esc and it worked great! very hard to use it for brushed and brushless...if you go just brushless it will work great! customer service is top notch!

LRP sphere TC edition i own 2 of them awesome speedos! easy to switch from brushed to brushless...service not so great! i waited 2 months to get a esc repaired

speedpassion esc

comes with it's own lap top (of sorts) to program a zillion different profiles

timming,punch,and a ton of other features...

all three of them are about the same price and size.......the speedpassion is distributed through schumacher usa so customer service will be great! along with there warranty policy! and the fact that you get a handheld programmer and a ton of features for the same price!

right now the speedpassion GT esc is attractive is it the "best" i'm not sure there is a best anything...you will get 200 replies and all will be different...

do some research check out the web sites prices feedback....than make a purchase.

check out speedpassion here =======> http://www.speedpassion.net/
Old 02-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I agree with pretty much everything MR. Focar said, but would add that the speedpassion thread here on RCTECH is very active and a wealth of info, very much worth the time to read. Shawn and Adam are the schumacher USA reps and they have been doing a great job sharing the info.

Steve
Old 02-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Been using speedpassion GT esc and it's fantastic.
I have one fellow racer using the GTB and another using the LRP Sphere. They are running TRF carbon chassis and i'm using a TA05R.
All running Orion carbon lipo. similar gear ratio ard 5.8 and the same Orion 10.5 brushless motor.

It seems the speedpassion GT got a slight advantage over the other 2 ESC especially in straight line speed.

Personally I love the handheld programming unit. No more pushing buttons and counting the blinking lights. once u hook up the programming unit, you can see all the current profile like drag brakes, timing, lipo cut off voltage etc. Great!

Only negative thing is the footprint is slightly bigger than the LRP and GTB so I had to cut my TA05 chassis to fit the esc.

Other than this, i'm very happy with the ESC.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Go look at ALL the top drivers from the more recent big races.... They all run LRP speedos, dont you think theres a reason behind that?

There all LRP or Nosram..... Theres still GTB's, but alot of them recently are all LRP
Old 02-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

For reliability the LRP TC spec won't let you down... they are also easy to adjust for more driveability in low grip.

The speed passion looks good, has lots of tunability which is good if you can use it and bad if you don't understand it.

If you want a sure thing the TC spec will serve you well, but if you want to try something new then give the speed passion a go.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My GTB is old reliable... just keeps on ticking

My LRP TC made it through the the Novak race week (5 days of prctice and racing)... then died

My Speed Passion has been working well since the Novak race.. so far so good
Old 02-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

My local track (Seattle Indoor Raceway) can't keep the SP-GT on the shelves. Speed Passion is starting to become the 'Status-quo' around here. SP motors too. From personal experience, I've had the others and enjoyed them both immensely but the tuning options, ease of use and the programming unit couple with the fact that the cost is $179.99.....it's a no-brainer of a decision process. I've only heard of 1 failure locally but honestly do not know if it was user-error or not. Regardless, SIR pulled a new one off the shelf and replaced it immediately. I have hours logged in on the phone with Adam & Shawn from Schumacher talking about the SP line of products, and can't say enough about the 'personal touch' when it comes to customer service from these guys.

Support your wallet but shop smartly
Old 02-28-2008, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SHAUN GRIDER
which brushless system is the best
Speedpassion GT
Old 02-28-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Im in the market for a brushless system as well, my question is do the speed passion systems (motor/esc) come pre-soldered like the Novak and LRP systems? I hate soldering!!
Old 02-28-2008, 05:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

No it doesnt

Originally Posted by sinisterRC
Im in the market for a brushless system as well, my question is do the speed passion systems (motor/esc) come pre-soldered like the Novak and LRP systems? I hate soldering!!
Old 02-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

it doesnt but you have more options on how to route the wires for a cleaner installation and its a ALOT easier if you need to replace the wires
Old 02-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If you get it at a LHS they might solder it for you for free. Or find a local guy to help you with it. I use to hate soldering but I think Ive finally gotten the hang of it (and the right equipment for it).
Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

IMO 80% of "good" soldering is the equipment you use

I've been wasting time for years with "cheap" soldering irons, but I invested in a good one and I haven't had an issue since

Originally Posted by or8ital
If you get it at a LHS they might solder it for you for free. Or find a local guy to help you with it. I use to hate soldering but I think Ive finally gotten the hang of it (and the right equipment for it).
Old 02-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hmmm. Well I'm still undecided but have been biased to the LRP because of its success. I just think the wires from the esc should come pre-soldered similar to all the other older brushed motor esc's. Then you could just solder them to the motor and route them how ever you want. I just dont want to melt the damn ESC trying to solder the wires on!! Thanks for the info guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.