Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Practice Options >

Practice Options

Practice Options

Old 04-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Syndromes thread, but the developers have really been responsive for this other RC Car sim.

http://www.3drcracing.com/

Excellent Practice! Especially with Pro-mod.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

outlander..... i talked with syndrome about the virtual rc and he said he didnt like it cause of the nitro racing... now i will tell you that i played this game a summer ago with brad and he said it was just like racing a real nitro car.... and he said the changes he made to the car actually worked like they should..

So that being said i talked with syndrome about it and the eltric version of virtual rc will def be a great option for guys like myself to still race when we cant get to the track.. I have seen pics of the indoor carpet shots from virtual rc 4 and they look awesome , they have an offroad eletric and nitro version which i am sure is all add ons to the virtual rc game out now but they all look to be alot of fun.

I am def going to be getting virtual rc 4 when it comes out to do some at home carpet racing LOL
Old 04-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Hey syn just found these that maybe of interest to you? http://www.roaddome.com/
Old 04-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah, VRC just didn't feel natural to me, but it was close. I'm not going to contradict Brad, though! If he says it's real enough for him, that's the guy you should be listening to. I too will definitely get V4.

Road Rails look nice, but they're awfully expensive. Don't people call those launch rails? :-D I'm actually using masking tape for my layouts now, and need to put dots on the corners to keep me honest.

I broke a third servo in my 1/24 car, and I just couldn't get it to feel right. I decided to pull the trigger on an M18, so hopefully I can throw that on the little track soon. I'll have to experiment with rubber tires and such, and see what feels closest to a 1/10 sedan. I hope Novak makes a slow 380 brushless motor, it seems like a 13.5 might be too much for the space I've got. If this all works out well, I'm going to look into ordering a small roll of ozite down the road.
Old 04-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Its areal shame the 1/24 didnt pay off in the long run but a least you gave it a good chance.I,m sure you,ll be able to get the 1/18 m18 pro going just great just a thought but wouldnt it be possible to use your DX3R to dial out some of the throttle??
Old 04-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
Its areal shame the 1/24 didnt pay off in the long run but a least you gave it a good chance.I,m sure you,ll be able to get the 1/18 m18 pro going just great just a thought but wouldnt it be possible to use your DX3R to dial out some of the throttle??
I'm sure someone more familiar with the small cars could make it work better. Sedans are what I know, and I'm not really after a lesson in how to make a new style of car work, I just want to drive, a lot.

I can definitely dial out throttle if that's what it takes. I'd prefer to find a motor where I can take advantage of the entire power band, though. I guess I'm not sure why that's the case. We'll see how it goes. I'm going to start out with the HPI stock brushed motor (for the RS4) and try it with 4 and 6 cells. I'll keep an eye on Novak's new brushless and see how it works out.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Tech Lord

I finished the build of my M18 and threw it down on the track tonight (no body). I'm using the original motor from HPI for the RS4 ($10) and 5 unmatch NiMH. I ran the car for about 15 minutes, and only put 350 mah back into the pack afterwards. I really can't even use the motor I've got on this small track, so I'm thinking these cheap brushed motors are going to be a better option than a obscenely fast brushless. Unless Novak goes for something much slower, but even then, it's hard to beat the price of the cheap motors. I'm sure I can find them for even less if I track down the actual source.

I haven't set the car's ride height or droop yet, and I'm not using a body, and already, the handling is in another world from the other car. And it feels like a sedan, which it is... but it seems to translate well to this scale. The stock foam tires had a ton of grip on my surface, and show no signs of wear at all, even with my jank setup.

More to come in the following days. I get to race the big sedan this weekend so I need to give it some love. Also, we got a new puppy, and it's kept me from sleeping for 3 days now, so if you don't hear from me again, it's likely what remains of my sanity has been lost.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Syn Drop the brushed setup and feist your eyes on this bit of bling from team orion WoW http://www.redrc.net/2008/04/team-or...-bl/#more-9064
Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by pug 205 gti
Syn Drop the brushed setup and feist your eyes on this bit of bling from team orion WoW http://www.redrc.net/2008/04/team-or...-bl/#more-9064
It looks nice, that's for sure. I can't for the life of me figure out why Novak can't do something like this. They continue to make uninspired designs that are saved by good performance. I mean, have a look a this. Seriously? I mean, really? In 2008?

I maintain that sensorless is for bashing, not racing. Novak's Mongoose has sensors, so they win. At least it's not purple. Maybe my jabs at their designs got through to someone. :-)