Wiki Posts
Search

Ova T4/l2

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ova T4/l2

Has anyone used or seen this kit in action?

http://www.tokyo-hobbies.com/T4.jpg
Old 07-15-2003, 02:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

paulc: hehe talagang gumawa ka pa ng thread for this ha. i just made a post sa manila racers thread before seeing this. check it out. mang has one that is partially built. maybe you can strike a deal with him if you're really interested. one thin i noticed is that the graphite plates for the chassis and upper braces are quite thin. mite make he car too flex, especially since the upper deck comes in two pieces hence does not span across the entire chassis from front to rear - too much flex is something i personally dont like. but then again, flex does do some good at times like on bumpy tracks. ... and i have not seen one that is fully built or one actually run to really know how the car is stiffness and performance wise. mag TC ka na ulit! join the august race in fiesta! thats one you shouldnt miss!
Old 07-15-2003, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

robo: actually am looking for one. its just that i want a different car.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Paulc,

Yes ive raced the OVA T4/L2 and its a very light (have to add at least 150 grams to make it race legal where i race) also car is incredibly strong, and very well finished. The car is also not a wet noodle ie. it does not flex, the carbon is very good grade the lower chassis and top deck is 2mm thick and shock towers are 3mm thick, you can get 3mm thick upper and lower chassis decks.
Im the new distributor in the UK and will have a website which is underconstruction at this moment and should be online in the next month or two and will be all in english which should help with lots of information
Old 07-15-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have the T4/L2 but haven't run it yet. I can asure you it does not have to much flex. Like Planet-RC said it comes with 2mm lower and upper deck but you can get both uppers in 3mm. I believe the optional lower chassis is only 2.5mm. Other than the thicker chassis I think my car has all the options on it. Here are a few pictures of it. Since these pictures I have added titanium screws, graphite arms, sway bars, delrin diff in the rear, and blue aluminum universals in the rear.

Old 07-15-2003, 10:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Macky

very nice OVA T4 my friend it looks very similar to my personal one i use for testing ect, all hop ups ect plus new style camber links, Graphite arms ect.
Your completely correct about the upper decks being 3mm and lower chassis being 2.5mm as option parts
The car is very fast and super robust, and a joy to work on.
I can understand you not wanting to harm the car because of it being in your very interesting collection.
We have been running cars with one ways, and also been using delrin diffs front and rear, plus new machined locked center oneways for very tight tracks
At the moment I have been running car with Novak Brushless when i can and for testing which gives me more track time.

Ive also machined and built T4 prototype 4wd Buggy ( which will not be but in to production) its more to show my companys machining standards ect but it does run very well.

Take care

Dan
Old 07-15-2003, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

At last! guys thanks for the inputs. Just might get mine later on the week. I've been browsing the web and I found some setup sheets on their website. These, however are in Japanese but I guess you can make out some of the details.

http://www.ova.co.jp/sheetbox/yatabe929.pdf
Old 07-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Tech Champion

paulc: wow, i guess you've got enuff info already. what more can you want? its fast, its a tank and they attest to the cars stiffness. so where are you getting yours? did you convince pitshop to sell his to you? cool if he does! so when do i see that car at the track?
Old 07-16-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

robo: hang on, pitshop is bent on selling me the Kawada instead. We'll see how far my bargaining skills will take me. Sure enough am joining the Aug. race... all I need is an "obscure" kit. Hahahahahaha.

Its just that I find satisfaction on being different, call me a non- conformist. Even my phone is not a Nokia and my PC is an AMD. Hehehehehe.

My question now is, would the MR4 arms fit the OVA? Hahaha, just in case I break a few. When I do get the kit, I'll file for a one day leave to setup the kit. Join me?
Old 07-16-2003, 01:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi paulc,

hope youre well my friend very interesting threads

if you need any item please email me, regarding suspension arms ect
I dont think the yokomo arms will be a staight fit.

we have a new shipment that will arrive later this month.

I would not worry, Ive not broken one suspension arm and the car has taken some hard hits and thats when using standard or graphite, infact ive not broken anything yet and also my team drivers its built like the hulk but it weighs nothing, well its very light anyway

take care

Dan
Old 07-16-2003, 01:27 AM
Tech Champion

paulc: i can realate to whay you say. it is fun to be different. and if the car works as well, then by all means go for it! if i were you though, id go for the OVA instead of the Kawada SV10. the SV10 pitshop has does not even have a slotted chassis to accomodate side by side packs. unless you plan to run stick packs! .... yuck! hehehe

dont know if the yok arms will fit as well. but i do know that a number of parts are indeed yokomo. at least some of them are usable and pitshop still has a ton of old MR4 parts (non-SD). with the kawada, you really wont have any parts at all to swap. ... and if the OVA is a tank anyway, then i guess you dont have to worry much about the arms.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:35 AM
Tech Rookie

I could not agree more ROBORAT
Old 07-16-2003, 03:00 AM
Tech Elite

well then now to convince the shop owner.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by paulc

My question now is, would the MR4 arms fit the OVA? Hahaha, just in case I break a few. When I do get the kit, I'll file for a one day leave to setup the kit. Join me?
The arms are different than the MR4 arms.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

thanks macky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.