Search

Xray 007 and 008 High Quality EZ lipo mount--w Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Con
Here is my 007 with SMC 4000 lipo installed in it with the ezmount
I found that the wieght was too much to balance the chassis side to side so I took a 1/2oz off it.The I added weight to the centre of the chassis to bring the car up to min wieght.{they will be checking at my track}
The SMC 4000 pack is 20.5mm thick and it fits in the car well just had to grind the bulkhead a littleand the battery strap had to be shimmed up.5mm.The ezmount worked very well, the inserts lock the battery in the chassis.
I find it very surprising you were off balance with the 3.0 oz weight and 1.2 oz under pack. I do have a 2.5oz fixed weight that may have worked better in your case. I'm not sure how that can be, most 007's I've seen require some additional weight along with a 15oz+ NiMh pack. You should only be around 13oz or so right now...possibly less since you took some off.

Did you put the optional lead weight inside the slot or leave it out? Also what motor are you running?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:45 AM
Con
Tech Adept

Nope no lead.I put some lead in the centre of the chassis to bring it up to weight and balance front to rear.I also think that wires coming out the side of the batt adds side weight.The car now weighs 1420g 2g over min weight. I am running stock motors right now.and will be running 19t in the summer.I may have to adjust for the 19t later.I think that if I was running brushless I would have had to use the whole weight.My electronics are novak GTX and a Spektrum micro reciever.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Con
Here is my 007 with SMC 4000 lipo installed in it with the ezmount
Con, did you get the lipo balance from the London area or did you order it from the site? I'm hoping to go lipo soon and will need one/something to get the weight back. Thanks

Ryan
Old 03-22-2008, 06:18 AM
Con
Tech Adept

Ordered it off the site.I also ordered the SMCs from Tag At Express. Ask them to ship USPS. It takes a little longer(two weeks)But they get here with no brookage fees or customs fees.Kevin and Tag are great to deal with!
Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Con
Old 03-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Verndog
Steve,

The stainless weight will protect that side completely from impact only. If the pack fails, and expands, the added weight will not stop it. I recommend 3 thin strips of high quality servo tape at each end and center..anymore is overkill.
Cheers for that Verndog its certainly a neat way off adding weight.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

A word about 007 balance

I got all the electronics in, working, and setup today and to my surprise it took only 13.1 oz total on the battery side to balance the car. With the Orion 3600 at 7.7 oz, I added the base inserts at 1.2 oz, then the iniversal weight with just 4 of the 7 1/4oz weights to get there. Method used, is a proven dual scale balance, accurate within +/- .1oz.

I'm running Speed Passion 13.5, Speed Passion GT programmable ESC, Futaba 9550, and Futaba FAST receiver. The cars total weight with body came in 1590 grams so that is good (US version pretty well stock).

So users of the heavier packs that have done the top deck mod to fit (5000 mah generally 9.5 oz. could use the optional, less expensive 2.5 oz fixed weight and and be right there.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by act2007
Nexus Racing has been doing the same thing with the 4800 Lipo.
Just trying to help out, cheers!

http://nexusracing.net/newsdesk_info...0dd049d6381612
It does not look like these are made anymore....

I have an e-mail into PPD....