R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
Tech Fanatic
Default best touring /12th on road race of the year

hey all: Title says it all so please choose and tell us why.
novak race
paved nats.
carpet nats.
snowbird nats.
for me it wold be reedy race for touring only and the 'birds for touring/12th. Reedy because of the history behind it,the fact that it's one of the few outdoor touring races in the usa and the fact that all the top drivers from around the world attend. The 'birds because no were else do you get so many touring/oval/12th racers at one event. Thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

IIC I think is the best race of the year.

It has the same things many of the other races have going for them such as being a hotel race, and like Novak it's ran by Scotty so the schedule is always dialed and you know what is going on...but it better than Novak since it's in a better location, IMO.

Vegas trumps some of the other races however because of the facility, the track is awesome, the pit area is awesome and spacious, and it's comfortable...not too hot like some tracks, or too cramped..even if the pits themselves can get kind of cluttered you have a open area away from the pit area you can wander around. A concession stand on hand is also a bonus. The other big thing it has going for it is that it's in Vegas...there is always something to do after racing.
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For TC, it's gotta be the Reedy race. The format, the level of WORLDWIDE competition, plus the always exciting open and spec classes, make it the best TC race on the planet. I hate rubber tires but you can't argue with the Reedy Race.

12th scale? Gotta be the granddaddy of 'em all, The U.S. Indoor Champs. This has always been the World's premier 12th scale race, and I can't wait for the 29th installment. Usually tight layouts, in room pitting, and the ever- entertaining "menopause lounge". My favorite event every year.
Team CRC, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #4
Tech Adept

the ever- entertaining "menopause lounge".
lmao. You're right.
Larry Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Asphalt - The Reedy Race, I would rather win Invite Mod there than at the IFMAR Worlds.

Carpet TC Rubber or Foam - The IIC in Vegas

Carpet 1/12 - IIC In Vegas, sorry but the Indoor Champs got eclipsed by the IIC the first year it ran.

The Common denominator - Scotty Ernst
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
Tech Regular

I'm with ya Adrian- I am officially spoiled. If it isn't a Scotty Ernst race, it is going to be compared against one of his...
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:41 PM   #7
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Scotty has really made a name for himself as a race promoter (Heck he could probably put on a mini-z or 10th pan car event and itd sell out within a week).

I definitely have designs on hitting an event in 08 now that college wont take up so much of my life
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 09:21 PM   #8
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've never been to a big race. I plan to attend the Novak race next year. We only race carpet in my area, and we don't start racing until October. So, IIC would be great, but it's too early in the season.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 AM   #9
Tech Regular

There is only 1 correct answer to this question and that is "THE WORLDS".
End of.
part-time racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
Tech Fanatic

hey part-time racer: i left the ifmar world out because evey one knows that is the most prestegious race in the world. thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote