Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Touring car body from Schumacher

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default New Touring car body from Schumacher

My son runs with Schumacher and they got us their new body that they are selling here in the states. The body has a very good finish and clean lines. It comes with 3 different wings of various configurations. All of which are well defined and made of much thicker polycarbonate than the body assuring that they dont deform under load or when corner marshals grab them to fix your car. The bodies do carry racing ID numbers molded into the front wind screen, lower left corner.

The bodies do come in a light weight version but my son got the standard thickness. This thickness while thicker (and heavier) than the ProLine light weight bodies it is thiner and lighter than the standard ProLine body. I feel that this is a very good compromise between light weight and strong bodies. This is very much a need for those that still tend to clip a little more than the occasional corner. We have a race coming up in 2 weeks and we will put it through the paces there but right now I am impressed and looking forward to more in this new Schumacher line.

NOTE: This body will not easily fit the mi2 line of cars. However this is not a problem the fix is rather easy and inexpensive. Simply get the rear mi3 body posts (part number U3159) and mount them to the rear shock tower just like on the mi3. These new body posts are machined aluminum and are so great that I will be making them my body post of choice for many of the nitro conversions I am doing.

In any event here are some photos of our first one painted and mounted. The next one will be ready soon and I will cut it instead of letting (I say letting the fact is that I came home and he had cut it out, his heart was in the right place though) my son do it. This was however his first body to cut out.

Let me know what you think.

Old 03-10-2008, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RURC
The next one will be ready soon and I will cut it instead of letting (I say letting the fact is that I came home and he had cut it out, his heart was in the right place though) my son do it. This was however his first body to cut out.

Let me know what you think.
I think his scissors were in the right place too... I can't see anything wrong with the cut job...

Nice looking body.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

looks like DNA 1 body shell
Old 03-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

It is from East Coast Bodies. Schumacher distributes them.

If you look at the angle front to rear the front bottom is higher than the rear. It is minor and he did a great job following the lines. But the way it mounted the lines should not have been followed. Like we did on the Stealth pictured here.

I will teach him on the next shell. He is only 8 and I am very proud of him.