Community
Wiki Posts
Search

looking for a 4-wheel sedan any thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default looking for a 4-wheel sedan any thoughts

I have been running 1/8 buggy during summer and 1/10 indoor dirt truck in winter( the snow issue) and am kind of bored with the indoor dirt, the tracks are small and get a little crowded w 5 6. Stopped in at trackside in miwaukee wi last week and saw couple guys running practice and one guy gave me his controller and let me do some laps and I remembered why I used to like it. So thinking next fall i'm running indoor carpet so figured would start looking now ...
- Who seems to be the car to beat out there, last one i owned was when the asc tc3 came out
- and I have a brushless system in my truck i'll keep for this but want to race in stock class so which motor are most tracks allowing 19.5 brushless

I'm kind of a Losi guy but don't know about the sedans any ideas
Old 03-09-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you want to run at Trackside, I think there are a bunch of guys running Corrally RDX Phi's there. Corrally is a little pricy but it is top of the line. The Associated TC5 is a good car, price is very reasonable and parts are readialy avaiable. I am currently running a Tamiya 416 and I love the car, but finding parts is sometimes challenging.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default brushless

They are allowing brushless in the stock class right?and yep I'll probally race there once awhile butI run all over the country so the parts thing I usally carry my own parts store with thanx
Old 03-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Good advice to get a car that is easy to get parts for.espesially if the parts are available at the track. BTW How slow,,, I mean fast were you going with the 19.5 motor?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Chassis

Originally Posted by sptrtrucker
I have been running 1/8 buggy during summer and 1/10 indoor dirt truck in winter( the snow issue) and am kind of bored with the indoor dirt, the tracks are small and get a little crowded w 5 6. Stopped in at trackside in miwaukee wi last week and saw couple guys running practice and one guy gave me his controller and let me do some laps and I remembered why I used to like it. So thinking next fall i'm running indoor carpet so figured would start looking now ...
- Who seems to be the car to beat out there, last one i owned was when the asc tc3 came out
- and I have a brushless system in my truck i'll keep for this but want to race in stock class so which motor are most tracks allowing 19.5 brushless

I'm kind of a Losi guy but don't know about the sedans any ideas
Our tracks had Corallys and the people with them said they were the best they ever had for setup. Some have moved to the the JRXS-R and while they say it is not the Corally, they are very happy with it. It is my plans for this fall unless someone else comes up with an even better "lipo friendly" chassis. ie Centred so that balance is not the issue. 200g of lead is too much for me.

Good luck and enjoy.
Old 03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would recommend any 4wd sedan but its up to you how much you are willing to spend. I run an Xray T104FK and it runs very well and is very competitive with all the new cars also belive it or not it is a second hand car by having a second hand car it can give you a basic idea how to set up the car. A Tamiya TA05 is a good car for around $200 and can be very quick if tuned right.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default He who die's with the most toys wins

Is that jrxs-r a losi? I think at this point it don't madder(?) on price I just dropped $2400 on a new buggy and truggy for my wife and me for this year so just looking for one that will perform well plus I'll have too get 2,cause the wife but I won't complain we have alot of fun.Plus I will probally go to that snowbird race and looks like there is some big races over in oh that look cool.
Thanx for the input and keep it coming that way I can make a better decision and also what brushless motor's are most tracks letting in the stock classes?
Old 03-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The Corally RDX PHI and the Xray '008 are probably the hottest cars in TC right now. Very well made and well thought out cars from what I've seen. Other than those two there are probably 5 other great current gen. TC's that perform very well, but it's tough to match the performance and craftsmanship of the Xray and Corally.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default dahh

matter guess i'm tired