Search

CEFX Raceway - Closing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default CEFX Raceway - Closing

Hello Everyone,

After a lot of thought we have decided to close CEFX Raceway. We have had a good run but the track/hobby shop has not been able to hold it's own since last years ROAR Nationals and the idea of battling throught another tough summer just doesn't appeal to me. Add in that, we have really done a terrible job of supporting our CEFX products and we really want to get back on track.

I want to thank everyone who has come out and raced with us and enjoyed our facility. If anyone is interested in anything from the shop/track please stop in and see us. We have already put all inventory (minus CEFX and some tires) at cost/50% or clearance and we are interested in selling off everything else from the facility (carpet, boards, tables, chairs and much more).

This Saturday, we invite everyone with whatever cars, trucks, buggies to have some fun with us to send the track off with one last day of fun.

Also, we will be open 2pm-9pm today-Friday and open 10am-9pm on Saturday.

Again, thanks for a great few years!
Old 03-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Im sorry to hear that josh. I have heard alot of good things about your facility. I wish you the best.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hello Everyone,

After a lot of thought we have decided to close CEFX Raceway. We have had a good run but the track/hobby shop has not been able to hold it's own since last years ROAR Nationals and the idea of battling throught another tough summer just doesn't appeal to me. Add in that, we have really done a terrible job of supporting our CEFX products and we really want to get back on track.

I want to thank everyone who has come out and raced with us and enjoyed our facility. If anyone is interested in anything from the shop/track please stop in and see us. We have already put all inventory (minus CEFX and some tires) at cost/50% or clearance and we are interested in selling off everything else from the facility (carpet, boards, tables, chairs and much more).

This Saturday, we invite everyone with whatever cars, trucks, buggies to have some fun with us to send the track off with one last day of fun.

Also, we will be open 2pm-9pm today-Friday and open 10am-9pm on Saturday.

Again, thanks for a great few years!
Wow Josh, that must be tough. I have heard great things of the facility, and I wish you the best of luck with your future ventures.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Sad to hear. I visited just once at the Nats, very experienced guys I knew that were racing spoke very highly of the setup. As dirt schmucks that were considering getting back into 12th, I guess we were part of the problem, and we missed our chance to be part of the solution.

Best wishes Josh.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Best track I have ever raced at. Shame.

Havnt been around much at all since i moved home last may and this is what I log on to... not cool.

Best of Luck, Cyruls. Thanks for many great days of racing.

I wish I could make it out for this saturday..

Keith
Old 03-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Josh,

I know you hate to do that b/c you are a racer just like the rest of us.

As a track owner myself I know how hard it is.

on a side note I'm shutting down my track in nashville, tn end of the month as well... so who will be the 3rd track to shut down this month to make a trifecta??? LOL

Its a tough decision but ones that need to be made unfortunately.

From talking to you the last couple of months you made the right decision...

I don't want to close mine but its a losing proposition...

Best of luck.

Michael Skeen
Thunder RC
Old 03-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Lord

Sorry to hear that mike. Tracks and stores are getting hit pretty bad right now huh? It sucks to see so many tracks closing.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I am sorry to here that yet another on-road facility is going away. I am finding out just how hard it is to run a track myself. I guess its not hard to run it just to keep up with the bills, seems like everyone is going off-road racing. Just curious if you guys are going to sale off some of your carpet. If you are how much do you have and how much will you be selling it for? Also what did you guys use for piping I have heard you had a world class facility and may be intrested in some of your equipment. Thank you and again sorry to hear about not being able to keep the doors open.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

whats up jason,

yeah well pooring money into it every summer out of my own pocket and then having to listen to people complain that race dirt gets old... we are in hillbilly he11 I don't even like dirt... it just isn't worth it LOL

my onroad guys are cool they are just happy to have a track... I'm trying to see if we can keep that part going w/o the dirt but don't know if the landlord will go for it...
Old 03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason - Thanks!! There's a lot of reasons why tracks are struggling but really there's no need to vent about it (at least from my end)... What's done is done and I'm going back to racing like I used to!! I'm sure my new sponsors will be happy to hear that...

RCSteve - It is tough as really the track was done just so we had a place to race. I don't really think a lot of racers looked at it that way and appreciated the work that goes into trying to keep them happy and run a track/shop. It's been a good learning experience though...

Dave - Trust me, you were racing and no matter what that's always good for the sport and industry reguardless of the class/catagory.

Keith - No problem and thanks for the words!

Skeen - Yeah, I know... Still sucks.... I guess now I won't have any excuses as to why I'm slackin and not getting the CEFX stuff back up and hoppin!!

RCRIOT - We are interested in selling off everything here as we won't be re-opening. You can e-mail me at [email protected] to discuss anything you would be interested in.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Josh, sorry to hear about you closing.
I attended the Nats last year and was quite impressed with your facility and the service at your facility.
On the other hand, I know there are a lot of guys at my local track that are looking forward to increased CEFX car output. There is a large base of CEFX supporters around here. So I wish you great success with your line of products.

Nate
Old 03-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
whats up jason,

yeah well pooring money into it every summer out of my own pocket and then having to listen to people complain that race dirt gets old... we are in hillbilly he11 I don't even like dirt... it just isn't worth it LOL

my onroad guys are cool they are just happy to have a track... I'm trying to see if we can keep that part going w/o the dirt but don't know if the landlord will go for it...
I wish my LHS made that decision. They kept the dirt track and $hit canned the onroad I tried it for a little while but as you are aware,florida is full of good 'ol boys also and i got tired of stepping in wads of chew or as they say it "Chaw" Needless to say, I take my 1 hour hike to race onroad down in Tampa now. We have 2 real nice tracks and i make sure i support them.

We all need to support our local tracks if we want them to stay in business.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tempest2000
so who will be the 3rd track to shut down this month to make a trifecta??? LOL
isn't that a good question?

josh, we'll try to make it up for one last shot. i loved racing up there, and it was home to the best carpet nationals of the last few.

i'll tell you, on top of running a business that doesn't even make a profit, alot of customers sure make it easy to say goodbye.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Josh sorry to here about the closing. Wish i could have made it out to your to track.

I think the question is how many carpet tracks are left and what do we need do to keep them there. The current formula isnt working, something really needs to change drastically to change the carpet scene.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Addict

Best of luck going forward Josh. I just couldn't get out for much racing as much as I wanted to this season. Sorry to pester you with my latest outdoor track developements, I understand you were already under alot of stress with what you had there. I hope you understand I was merely trying to keep you informed in case you were ever interested in getting inovolved.

Last edited by tomkelley; 03-20-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.