REEDY RACE 2008 IS ON!!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

REEDY RACE 2008 IS ON!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Is there a deadline to determine what will be the handout tire?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Hello all,

Well we have all been working very hard to get everything finalized and we have most things done. So I wanted to get some info out to answer many of your questions.

CLASSES: We will again run 3 classes. Invitational, Open and the Spec class for this year will be..................................... 13.5 Brushless.

The 13.5 class will be a bring your own motor, there will be no handout for this class. We will be posting all the rules soon as to what motors are legal and other important info regarding this.

BATTERIES: We will be allowing LIPO Batteries for this years Open and 13.5 classes. These batteries must be Hard Cased and on the Roar Approved list to be legal. Also, all LIPO batteries must be charged in a LIPO Sack.

Invitational will use 5 Cell Nimh maximum

Open: will have the option of running either 5 cell or 6 cell just as past years with a weight difference for each choice. Drivers using LIPO Batteries must meet the 6 Cell weight.

13.5: Will run 6 Cell Nimh or LIPO , Drivers using LIPO will have to meet the 6 Cell weight.

Handout tires have not been decided yet.. Sorry JIMMY. We still have some testing to do. As for a deadline..... i guess it will be when we decide what will work best for the event.

I know there are many more things you may have questions for, we will have all that up shortly at www.reedyrace.com

Thanks guys,
Scotty
Old 03-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for keeping us posted scotty yeah for brushless 13.5 will be alot of fun ! if you made the main last year are you guaranteed a spot into this years race scotty?
Old 04-01-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hello all,

Well we have all been working very hard to get everything finalized and we have most things done. So I wanted to get some info out to answer many of your questions.

CLASSES: We will again run 3 classes. Invitational, Open and the Spec class for this year will be..................................... 13.5 Brushless.

The 13.5 class will be a bring your own motor, there will be no handout for this class. We will be posting all the rules soon as to what motors are legal and other important info regarding this.

BATTERIES: We will be allowing LIPO Batteries for this years Open and 13.5 classes. These batteries must be Hard Cased and on the Roar Approved list to be legal. Also, all LIPO batteries must be charged in a LIPO Sack.

Invitational will use 5 Cell Nimh maximum

Open: will have the option of running either 5 cell or 6 cell just as past years with a weight difference for each choice. Drivers using LIPO Batteries must meet the 6 Cell weight.

13.5: Will run 6 Cell Nimh or LIPO , Drivers using LIPO will have to meet the 6 Cell weight.

Handout tires have not been decided yet.. Sorry JIMMY. We still have some testing to do. As for a deadline..... i guess it will be when we decide what will work best for the event.

I know there are many more things you may have questions for, we will have all that up shortly at www.reedyrace.com

Thanks guys,
Scotty
thats awesome news Scotty! the future of RC racing. BL and Lipo.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Way to go REEDY!!! Lipo and brushless awesome....Now we just got to make it threw the lottery..
Old 04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've never heard of a lipo sack. Anybody know who sells them? They better stock up.

Oh, and good job Scotty with the brushless/lipo decision. Let's keep this hobby moving forward
Old 04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello DOTMAN, SpeedWorld has them in stock and preety cheep around $18.00 for the race. I always try to keep at least 15 in stock. They sell like candy, lol.

Thanks Billy
Old 04-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
Hello DOTMAN, SpeedWorld has them in stock and preety cheep around $18.00 for the race. I always try to keep at least 15 in stock. They sell like candy, lol.

Thanks Billy
Thanks, Billy...If I buy one now will it be $18?

Oliver

PS...track looks dialed. real excited about this race
Old 04-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Scotty
Old 04-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Thankyou for the update Scotty! Li-Po and BL is the future, and great news for those that can cut back on equipment being hauled around. I guess once the lottery is sorted Billy will have a better idea how many Li-Po sacks will be sold for the Reedy Race. Lets all just hope we get our named drawn in the lottery. Then we can really plan a trip.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No problem, I sell them at that cost all the time and at the Reddy race. The price will not go up because of the big race.

Thank you Billy
Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

BL and Lipos... There go two of my excuses not to sign up. Now Paco is really going to be bugging me to go.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

Reedy Lottery! Even more anticipated than the race.

If I win, and get in,
it will be me,with my TC3.

LiPo,
what is that,
I'll use my 2400's,
I don't need no LiPo sack.

The body I ran,
back in 2005,
Should be just the ticket,
to keep my F-main drive alive.

So Scotty, Scotty,
please pull my lottery name,
So eveyone can look me up
in the Reedy 2008, F-Main.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Can anyone tell me the name of the 1:1 oval track down the road from Speedworld. Did a search and I think it might be Placerville Speedway but not sure.
Saturday night racing might be fun, but if it is Placerville theres no racing on the 24th
Old 04-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

http://www.allamericanspeedway.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.