Wiki Posts
Search

A Jaco Green

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I hope all of you that are piling on will be as willing to give praise when we fix the problem.
Morning Jack,

You have commented several times that the problem would be fixed. Can you also comment on the original question of the thread?

Thanks
Beavis
Old 03-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by beavis353
Morning Jack,

You have commented several times that the problem would be fixed. Can you also comment on the original question of the thread?

Thanks
Beavis
I think Goggles already answered that.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RandomFellow
You know, it was Jaco foams that made me get out of racing foams tires. Their rims would crack and break just by looking at them the wrong way.

When I went to rubbers, I started with Take-Offs and had a great time with them. This season, I decided to try Jaco greens (what was I thinking???). First evening I raced with them, I cracked a rim. Now I'm back with Take-offs and happy again.

I was telling all this to Josh Cyrul (sponsored by Jaco) and he had a puzzled look on his face like he never heard of Jaco having issues with their rims. I had to remind him that those of us who make a living at things other than RC car racing usually hit boards, and a manufacturer shouldn't be selling a wheel that can't take a hit. But, Jaco always does.

I think its the mindset of theirs that the wheel needs to be as stiff as possible. Stiff plastic is brittle, and snaps. So, if your a perfect driver like Josh, then maybe that's the best thing for you. For the rest of us, there's got to be some give.

Just my two cents...
I think this post just proves that when we realize there's a problem, we fix it. Is there anyone out there now who is having such issues with our foam tires that they would actually quit racing? I doubt it. What I hear is general praise for what we have done to improve our foam line. So it stands to reason that we will make the same changes needed to bring our rubber tire line up to these same standards.
Our philosophy is not to produce the stiffest wheels. On all the wheels we make ourselves, we have no breakage issues. As we transition the rubber tire wheel over to the new design and material, it too will not break. We didn't approve this wheel knowing it would break this easily. The problem is magnified during the winter months since the dry weather removes moisture from the plastic, thus making it more brittle. In fact we soak all our wheels for3 days before mounting our foam tires during the winter to replenish the moisture. This makes the CA glue stick better (as it uses moisture to bond) and makes the wheels more pliable. We don't have this luxury on the rubber tires since we don't make them.
We have had the company that designed our automatic foam tire mounting machine come in and help design a machine to mount and glue rubber tires. It is very trick and actually glues the tire at the base of the bead, not just on the sidewall. This will also enable us to mount other brands of tires on our wheel if we want to. The more control we have of the process, the better we feel the final result will be.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Jack you have a PM

Jack did you get my PM from a few days ago?
Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

sounds liek you guys are on the right track for the new wheels! when can we expect them?
Old 03-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speaking of moisture to help the glue, have you experimented with using polyurethane glue?

Prisms are awesome tires. I'm very grateful you chose to improve your product.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

I've been looking for a list of shore ratings for the Jaco Rubbers but I can't find one. What compound(s) would be good for asphalt? or what compound is close to the Sorex 36R? Thanks
Old 04-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FOXY923
I've been looking for a list of shore ratings for the Jaco Rubbers but I can't find one. What compound(s) would be good for asphalt? or what compound is close to the Sorex 36R? Thanks
The last two numbers of the part number are the approximate shore rating.

JAC2424-Yellow=24shore
JAC2428-Green=28shore
JAC2432-Blue=32shore
JAC2436-orange=36shore
Old 04-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Duh Thanks
Old 04-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

They are working on the rim issue, give them time. I have seen a proto and it looks really good, just give them time. Dont forget rome wasnt built in a day, and just like everything else in life sometimes s#it happens.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Addict

I see that Horizon Hobby is "Out of stock" on all but yellow. I assume they won't get any more till the new rims are out? Orange actually says "Temporarily out of production."
Old 04-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i saw in a post earlier that they are changing the rubber tires to prism rims, i think korgae from canwest stated that in a post in another thread
Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stanislow
i saw in a post earlier that they are changing the rubber tires to prism rims, i think korgae from canwest stated that in a post in another thread
Tis true. Just waiting on the release.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

jack
do you have an idea on when the new tire is going to be released and the slow guys will be able to get them . . .???
Old 04-23-2008, 06:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

The wheel is complete. We will be receiving it in here in about 2 weeks. We are also testing a couple new compounds for asphalt that are harder. Our orange has been nearly impossible to obtain, so we are looking at alternatives that exhibit similar characteristics. Our goal is to get suppliers that will deliver consistent quantities. By mounting our own tires, we can cut down on the turn around time it takes to get finished tires in house. My guess is that by June we will have a consistent supply along with a variety of compounds available. The new wheel will start showing up on tires the middle of next month.
I hope to have all the recent "tire availability problems" solved along with any issues regarding the quality of our wheels and tires. We may not discuss everything that is going on, but rest assured there is a lot of time being devoted to this here at JACO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.