Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Jaco Green

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Semms to me that all rims will break at some time not just jacos. I have cracked a few wheels but never broken them completly. Good luck with Jaco man.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingboy14
Semms to me that all rims will break at some time not just jacos. I have cracked a few wheels but never broken them completly. Good luck with Jaco man.
That was pretty much what I was trying to get at with my post. I have broken centers out of CS wheels before as well. I ran the Jaco Greens in LV and I know I hit boards with them but didn't break one wheel. I actually used the same set for qualifiers and main.

The guy sayin blues suck too, it has nothing to do with the tires if you are breaking the rims.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I hope all of you that are piling on will be as willing to give praise when we fix the problem.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

All I use are Jaco Greens and haven't had any problems, but then again I don't hit walls much. Jack you need to integrate CNT into your rubber tires.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
I hope all of you that are piling on will be as willing to give praise when we fix the problem.
Well I haven't been jumping on the "pile" I will damn sure be singing some praises when the new wheel/tire gets released. My customers have been foaming at the mouth at the thought of getting Prism Wheels rapped in rubber. Bring that s#!^ on!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Unfortunately it doesn't always work like that. You've released a product that in hindsight isn't fit for the JACO name. It's only natural that people will be wary when buying their replacement, at least initially. Once bitten twice shy.

Having said that, I'd be willing to give the replacement a fair go.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

I love the rubber but hate the rims, can't wait for the new design to be released.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

when should we be expecting the updated rims/tires?
Old 03-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If the new wheels and gluing fix the problems, you will have my undying man love. Tell me THAT doesn't inspire you to rush them to market.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought my post above was good praise.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
If the new wheels and gluing fix the problems, you will have my undying man love. Tell me THAT doesn't inspire you to rush them to market.
Ummmmm.....on second thought.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I thought my post above was good praise.
It was and I appeciate it. The haters know who they are.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

yes, the haters are the ones with the broken rims... as pilot said, the rubber is good, but the rims stink. i hit boards, its a given but too have the hub stay intact on my car yet the wheel keep rolling......hmmm

same driver, same car, same motor....different tires (take offs) this never happened..

dont get me wrong, i know rims will bend, maybe sometimes on a hard enough hit even break, but when you just tap a board and get a crack....
thats when i feel there is a problem.

this espically sucks when you run a state race (fl) and the only tire choice in jaco blue. the tire wear was great! awsome control and you can predict how the tire would handle, however how badly they would crack and come apart is the main issue....

so yes, i am a partial "hater" and when the new ones come out i will try them again, as long as i know they have changed something with the rims..

as for the tire coming off the rim.... everybody knows ca can fix that... a little preventive maintence is that needs.. (i did not have this happen to me)
Old 03-07-2008, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by GSPOT
yes, the haters are the ones with the broken rims... as pilot said, the rubber is good, but the rims stink. i hit boards, its a given but too have the hub stay intact on my car yet the wheel keep rolling......hmmm

same driver, same car, same motor....different tires (take offs) this never happened..

dont get me wrong, i know rims will bend, maybe sometimes on a hard enough hit even break, but when you just tap a board and get a crack....
thats when i feel there is a problem.

this espically sucks when you run a state race (fl) and the only tire choice in jaco blue. the tire wear was great! awsome control and you can predict how the tire would handle, however how badly they would crack and come apart is the main issue....

so yes, i am a partial "hater" and when the new ones come out i will try them again, as long as i know they have changed something with the rims..

as for the tire coming off the rim.... everybody knows ca can fix that... a little preventive maintence is that needs.. (i did not have this happen to me)
sounds like they would sell better if they were to just sell the tires and foams and let people pick there own rims.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I gotta say that I have tried several Foams and the Jacos rule. I had problems at first but that was due to my set up being off. I tried the jaco greens and didnt have a problem with my rims. I hit boards but I guess not at the same angle maybe.

Might check into getting a bigger foam bumper if you hit boards quite a bit...this is not a slam it is a true suggestion. I have seen many people benefit from just going to a more substantial bumper.

I cant wait to try the blues since the greens didnt quite have the grip I was looking for. Those will be my next set I buy. The man has come on here and said he understands the issue and will be correcting it. He has also stated clearly what that plan is. Pretty stand up if you ask me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.