Wiki Posts
Search

Competition ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Competition ESC

I hope we can get some feedback on competition ESCs? I'm looking into starting EP racing again and I'm pretty sure there are racers out there who would like to get this forums' input too.

What are your experiences(good and bad) with the use of
Novak GT7, GM V12/Purple, KO Propo, or LRP Quantum Competition for use in both Touring stock and modified racing ?.

Reliability?
Good torque?
Usable profiles?
Manufacturer support/service?
Anything else??

If you could choose between these 4, which one and why?

Thanks. Have a great day !
Old 07-07-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I wouldnt get the LRP quantom, i was going to get that myself until a fellow friend of mine came back from the nationals and said he fried 2, and that was in stock. Im using the GM V12xc right now and it works great, no problems yet, and the track temperature down here are in the 140s+ degrees. I actually plan on getting the KO VFS 2000 if my gm ever fails though.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would get a Cyclone if you can find one. Or a cyclone TC2. In my opinion these are the best esc's, and I've never heard of anyone smoking one. If you don't want a cyclone because you think that they don't compete anymore because theyre "old" than I would get the GT7. But I still am just as competetive with a cyclone TC as I would be with anything newer. I know some really advanced guys who still use cyclones and they don't have any problems. If you get the gt7 than make sure to wire it properly and use the power capacitor. I also like novaks great service, well actually I've never had to send anything back to them cuz I've never smoked an orange speedo but I've heard of other people getting very good results with their service. Keyence makes some very good speedos too. Just my .02
Old 07-07-2003, 07:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I like my Quantum Competition, I'm on my 3'rd one, and only friend 1 (running an 8x2 motor way overgeared). I blew out at least 20 cyclones, I basically had a parking space at Novak. I am going to get the Keyence Zero Extreme, I think that is going to be the best ESC out there...
Old 07-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Tech Addict

Randman stay away from the keyence, I had nothing but trouble with mine, it stop saying hello to me when I turde it on so then I could not set it Maybe this is just with the extream but i did not like my keyence at all. Lrp is the way to go.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hmm, everyone seems to have good things to say about the Keyence so far, you have the first complaint. I'll definately keep it in mind. Is there a local service center for Keyence in case it does go bad?
Old 07-07-2003, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

I think ultimate hobbies does reapir stuff but I am not sure. I just gave mine to my cousin and let him run run it. lol
Old 07-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

i want to say ultimate does but dont quote me on this
Old 07-07-2003, 08:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thats what I was thinking, but wasn't sure, I'll call them tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is a commen problem when people ask you about what esc to get. There are so many opinions about which is the best esc, and most of them are all just from personal experiance. A GT7 I've heard is usually going to blow up when you don't wire it right. Some people have never had any problems with gt7's, others have blown up like 3. Some people really don't like the LRP's, but others have never had a problem with them. But I've never heard of anyone having a problem with Keyence esc's except from teamAE. Mabey he just got a defective one ?
Old 07-07-2003, 08:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thats what I was thinking, there is always going to be a bad apple in the group, I have a feeling TeamAE got it... Everyone else seems to love the Keyence.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randman
Thats what I was thinking, there is always going to be a bad apple in the group, I have a feeling TeamAE got it... Everyone else seems to love the Keyence.
i dun't like TeamAE as well....their quality sux...i've got a futaba MC800 and it's wonderful. it's the same as LRP quantum but isn't LRP a branch of AE? so i'd go for futaba....same stuff better quality? dunno haven't tried quantum. but if it is a branch of AE i would go for futaba
Old 07-07-2003, 09:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

wow, some anger towards Associated, we were just referring to teamAE who had posted on this thread.
Old 07-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Pandora's newly sponsored barracuda needs electronics?
Old 07-07-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TrackMagnet,
How in the world would you know something like that if you were in Cleveland and I in Malaysia

I'm gonna love my FISH

I've driven it and it's one sweet ride.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.