Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Competition ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randman
wow, some anger towards Associated, we were just referring to teamAE who had posted on this thread.
oh...hehe...my bad...the 1/12 AE i had was in horrible quality...the screws were messed...and the spur was loose...hehe
Old 07-08-2003, 02:56 AM
Tech Initiate

I was told by someone in the know.That the first Gt7 on the assembly line had a incorrect jumper wire(for the capacitor) & thats why their was some many problems
Old 07-08-2003, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by davioh
i dun't like TeamAE as well....their quality sux...i've got a futaba MC800 and it's wonderful. it's the same as LRP quantum but isn't LRP a branch of AE? so i'd go for futaba....same stuff better quality? dunno haven't tried quantum. but if it is a branch of AE i would go for futaba
As a side note:
Rumor: MC800 is NOT the same as LRP quantum, the hardware seems the same, but the software inside maybe not.

AE is the distrubutor of LRP in America, I think LRP is an independent company in Germany
Old 07-08-2003, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

I have a GT7, LRP Competition Pro and a TC2 all as good as each other in my opinion, I prefer the LRP Competition Pro purely because it's much smaller then the others and gives me more room to mount everything.

The LRP I bough second hand, and I have not had any problems with any of them, and I use them regularly in 3 cars.

Tony
Old 07-08-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

I like the Novak GT7 for both stock and mod racing, haven't had one problem out of it.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If I'm not mistaken, Schumacher USA does the warranty/repair for Keyence in the states. I have heard/seen very few complaints on the Keyence.

Guys- don't get caught up in that "this one is faster than that one" BS. Every ESC listed here is capable of winning a national race. However, as far as I have seen, there isn't one single racer posting on this thread who is actually capable of winning that national event no matter what ESC he is using. So, the real question here isn't which ESC is ever-so-slightly better than the others, it's which one is best for me. The LRP has a lifetime warranty, but personally, I don't like LRP. Keyence is small, very versatile, and very dependable, but slightly mroe expensive. Novaks are good, affordable, have one year warranty with an exchange afterwards, and they have great customer service.

As extremely dedicated racers, we should also consider who supports/contributes the most to r/c racing when purchasing electronics. We should be considering that when making all purchases for that matter!
Old 07-08-2003, 08:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
If I'm not mistaken, Schumacher USA does the warranty/repair for Keyence in the states. I have heard/seen very few complaints on the Keyence.

Guys- don't get caught up in that "this one is faster than that one" BS. Every ESC listed here is capable of winning a national race. However, as far as I have seen, there isn't one single racer posting on this thread who is actually capable of winning that national event no matter what ESC he is using. So, the real question here isn't which ESC is ever-so-slightly better than the others, it's which one is best for me. The LRP has a lifetime warranty, but personally, I don't like LRP. Keyence is small, very versatile, and very dependable, but slightly mroe expensive. Novaks are good, affordable, have one year warranty with an exchange afterwards, and they have great customer service.

As extremely dedicated racers, we should also consider who supports/contributes the most to r/c racing when purchasing electronics. We should be considering that when making all purchases for that matter!
Actually if you buy the Keyence from Ultimate Hobbies, it costs no more than the Quantum Competition, and maybe a couple bucks more than a GT7...
Old 07-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Addict

I think I am the bad apple Oh well randman you go to socal right ? You going to be thee today I would to meat you. I saw you already meet rod and those guys. See ya later.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I wont be at SoCal today, dont have any batts avalible. Next time I'm up there be sure to drop by my pit though, propably be next Tuesday. What class do you run?

Have you thought of sending your Zero Extreme in for service, that's an expensive ESC to let go to waist..
Old 07-09-2003, 04:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Are the Novak Cyclones still being marketed or has it been replaced by the GT7?
Old 07-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Initiate

I have a 5 year old cyclone and a 8 year old racer ex & still running like charging horses. extreme endurance high voltage torture tested no heat sinks rewired 10x but still wont burn and lasts
Old 07-09-2003, 09:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Pandora's Box
Are the Novak Cyclones still being marketed or has it been replaced by the GT7?
The Cyclones are no longer made from what I know, but I'm sure you can still pick them up at some bigger hobby shops that bought them in bulk. I'd try ultimatehobbies.com
Old 07-09-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by TrackMagnet
I have a 5 year old cyclone and a 8 year old racer ex & still running like charging horses. extreme endurance high voltage torture tested no heat sinks rewired 10x but still wont burn and lasts
That's what I'm talking about....Quality baby, quality.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Randman, Thanks but I can't pick them up from Ultimatehobbies coz I live half way across the globe......Malaysia.!!

TrackMagnet,
WOW 5 years and still running strong. I have been told by a couple of drivers of the reliability of Novak Cyclones. I guess this just shows it.
Cleveland, huh?
Old 07-09-2003, 01:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Hmm, I thought Ultimate would ship internationally because they usually charge actual shipping costs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.