i just copied it from my old evo3 chassis...i put some tape on the sheet of CF and then went over the holes and slots. i filed them down alreayd and yea they fit 3300's...i didn't hav to make them wider cuz i hav GP's...which aren't as wide as sanyo's...so therefore the 3300 sanyo i hav isn't very good with the chassis
1. you get CF and cover it with masking tape (don't overlap)
2. trace the chassis onto the CF
3. drill a hole whereever there is a 90 degree angle because it is hard to turn corners with a jigsaw
4. use the jig saw to go along the lines you made
5. use a file to file down any parts that aren't perfect and rough
6. for batt slots and motor slots, drill holes on the four corners and cut it
7. for the holes...you first drill out the 3.1 (or something) mm on the places you need to hav holes (once again sketch them on from the original.)
8. for the screw slots...you need a drill machine and you set it so that it doesn't drill through you can use a hand drill...but it would be hard
9. file down any places needed to be filed!
it's pretty simple but u just need the right tools. for the jigsaw, my dad had it attached to a "table" he made with a few pieces of wood...this made it like a cutter and you could easily cut the CF. make sure you hav really really good saw bits, we lost 2...CF is tough...we lost them after ONE batt slot
Originally posted by Mingfinity The GPM store has 2mm for sale, dunno about 2.5 or even 3mm
if you found that.. tell me.
i was browsing MK one day and i saw a 3mm for 250hkd but only for one chassis....the CF my dad bought was enuf for 3 chassis and extra bits and for only 230hkd. im not really sure where it is, but if u wanna know i'll find out the place from my dad
I'm Just going by what I see in the Pics. It really looks like fibreglass with Black Glass cloth used on the top and bottom. The local fibreglass supplier sells the same stuff and it is cheap.
$230HK Dollars for enough genuine 3mm Carbon Fibre Sheet to do 3 chassis is too cheap to be correct.
My money is on it being Fibreglass...