Wiki Posts
Search

speed passion,GTB,LRP TC

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 AM
HCS
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Sidewayzzzz
Been using speedpassion GT esc and it's fantastic.
I have one fellow racer using the GTB and another using the LRP Sphere. They are running TRF carbon chassis and i'm using a TA05R.
All running Orion carbon lipo. similar gear ratio ard 5.8 and the same Orion 10.5 brushless motor.

It seems the speedpassion GT got a slight advantage over the other 2 ESC especially in straight line speed.

Personally I love the handheld programming unit. No more pushing buttons and counting the blinking lights. once u hook up the programming unit, you can see all the current profile like drag brakes, timing, lipo cut off voltage etc. Great!

Only negative thing is the footprint is slightly bigger than the LRP and GTB so I had to cut my TA05 chassis to fit the esc.

Other than this, i'm very happy with the ESC.
I know this is off topic, but could you post a pic showing where you cut your chassis? I have an IFS and am interested in a speed passion GT.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can't believe that no one has mentioned this but the biggest advantage the Speed Passion GP speedo has is its smooth throttle feel. It is the ONLY BL speedo that makes your car feel like it has a good brushed setup in it (thats a good thing). Other speedos have kind of an on-off feel than makes smooth throttle application difficult...especially in mod sedan and 1/12th.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I can't believe that no one has mentioned this but the biggest advantage the Speed Passion GP speedo has is its smooth throttle feel. It is the ONLY BL speedo that makes your car feel like it has a good brushed setup in it (thats a good thing). Other speedos have kind of an on-off feel than makes smooth throttle application difficult...especially in mod sedan and 1/12th.
Have you tried the lrp or gtb? They certantly felt smooth to me and you can dial that to be more smooth or not.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

@Adrian: others refer to the so called "smoothness" of the SP GT as no power compared to "others"...

But I guess my opinion which is the best speedo is somewhat biased...
Old 03-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Have you tried the lrp or gtb? They certantly felt smooth to me and you can dial that to be more smooth or not.
I have owned the LRP Sphere,07 ,TC Spec and GTB and out of all of them the SP GT is by far a better speedcontrol and has more adjustability, and my opinion is not biased i dont work for any company plus i buy what ever I want to run
Old 03-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Don't forget you always have me and Charlie scouring multiple different boards helping out with Novak product as well!
Lets not forget that Steve and Charlie are the best looking of the company reps also...........Thats got to count for something!!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Hey now! If I wasn't so ugly I'd be offended by that! LOL!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Yes, I have tried both. I have been running Spheres for the last year and a half.

If you run mostly 13.5 they feel pretty smooth. With 10.5 and open mods 3.5 and 4.5's they feel very on-off even with the lowest punch settings (i tried all of them) and even with 30% throttle expo.

Its something you notice when you have run both. I really noticed it one carpet race when my 1/12th 4 cell 10.5 car (Sphere) was a bear to drive and my 1/10th 4 cell 10.5 Pro-10 car was smooth. Two other drivers that tried my 1/12th car said the same thing. I replaced the Sphere with a SP GT and the 1/12 car was just like my Pro-10.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by burito
@Adrian: others refer to the so called "smoothness" of the SP GT as no power compared to "others"...

But I guess my opinion which is the best speedo is somewhat biased...
I am just saying what I felt on the track. LRP makes excellent products and you have won more BL racers than ANYONE so obviously you are doing something right

That said Jilles Groskamp was not at all slow at the Euro Touring Series Round 2 race. He TQ'd and Won with a Speed Passion 4.0BL and GT speedo at his first race as a Speed Passion driver.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think the losi sensored system will surprise quit a few of you. I've been using it for awhile now and it's very smooth, doesn't have any problems with 17.5 motors/ 4 cell applications, and can be programed via PC or a setting card. R/C Car Action has a pic of mine in their carpet nats coverage thread on their site
Old 03-21-2008, 03:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I am just saying what I felt on the track. LRP makes excellent products and you have won more BL racers than ANYONE so obviously you are doing something right

That said Jilles Groskamp was not at all slow at the Euro Touring Series Round 2 race. He TQ'd and Won with a Speed Passion 4.0BL and GT speedo at his first race as a Speed Passion driver.
I know you didn't say the LRP is no good, no worries...

But you're wrong with your statement about Jilles! Yes, he does run SpeedPassion motors but not their GT speedo. He is using Nosram MatrixEvo ISTC speedo (e.g. LRP...). Pictures from the ETS race in Denmark do clearly state that.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

I have run the LRP TC07 and now a SP GT.
Just the change over had me improve due to the smoothness and driveability.
LRP/Nosram and Novak speedos have been available for a while where as the GT has only been out 2 months or so.
I do think the GT is and will change a lot of guys minds and is definately a contender for best esc at the moment with the added value of the hand programmer.

Burito you are correct gilles is running SP motors and Nosram esc... for now anyway.. i hope

Given a little more time im sure we will see more prominent drivers make the change over to SpeedPassion.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

IMO

The have the SP GT and a GTB.....the biggest difference it the programing. The kicker on the SP GT if you lose or break the Hand held well you get my point(man It can happen). There is no big Advantage with SP GT, the timing has not increase my run time nor the punch setting DRRS. I got it because I want a different label for Ray08. I raced the SP GT against LRP guys and there was no performance gain, just good hard racing. I did realize I have been overlooking one program setting on the GTB and that was the Min Drive%. I did not get the SP GT because of other racers....I did not know it was an advangtage ESC, which it not in IMO. Its a good ESC controller. I will be getting the LRP as well because of its adaptive ways. None of these ESC will make you Faster than the other Guy....its about the Set up on the Car. So no such thing as the Best ESC, just people stirring the pot. If someone was beating people at the track with a Tyco ESC, guess what everyone will be buying.

Pro
SP GT: easy Porgraming and 1,2,3 service and support
GTB: Reliable made in USA, great service support on my part, smaller footprint
No others Vendors, WATERPROOF CASE
LRP: Adaptive ways, Strong Brakes, not sure about their support, not sure about other Vendors

Cons
SP GT :Made in China, bigger Footprint, Also shared by other Vendors makes it hard to deteremine software Parameters.
GTB: programing.... Cheap Fans, Spektrum version no advantage at all.
LRP: Price, Not Made the USA either

Last edited by m3ndo5a; 03-21-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

The GT can be programmed manually just like other esc's.
If you lose or damage your programmer you wont be stuck.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just make sure you have a friend give you a little bump at the start of the race so your motor will take off lol

Love ya marker LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.