Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servo Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 12:06 PM
CGR
Tech Regular

I run a Airtronics 737 in my TC3 and it works great, durable and all the speed I need. It was about $65 at my LHS. Other than that I would get a Air 357.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think the servo would be more twitchy. The servo will feel much more Direct and Accurate than your run of the mill servo. It might take a few races to get used to. But once you race with a fast servo, then you can never go back to standard servos. And as for Digitals being faster than Analogs, that's not so. Just dont' assume that if it's Digital that it's faster. You buy a servo by it's specs. I think the main difference between a high speed analog .06 sec servo to a digital .06 sec servo is holding it's center better and more accurately, as well as more accurately through the whole range of movement. Remember... both are .06 second rated. So that doesn't make the Digital faster because it's digital. Just makes it more accurate.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

hi, i am new... i just bought a tb01, any servo good for it?? do i need to change motor if the servo change??
Old 07-09-2003, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

All standard sized servos will work in your TB01, a standard one will be fine to start with, and you won't need to change the motor.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

thanks sosidge, how bout the ESC?
Old 07-09-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

ESC is only if you want to hav a better motor....if ur planning to drive the silver can there is no need for a ESC
Old 07-09-2003, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

any tips on choosing a motor?? do i need to change the gear as well if i change the motor? thanks...
Old 07-10-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

You'll probably need to change the gear ratio if you get a new motor - most faster motors will need a smaller pinion or a larger spur gear otherwise they will have poor acceleration and overheat.

If you are using a mechanical speed controller, stick with the kit motor, anything faster will need a quality ESC. Anything below 15 turns is normally a bit fast for a beginner, and you won't get good runtimes with budget battery packs either.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

thanks again sosidge, thinking to change the speed controller to electronic... still considering which 1 to get, found 1 that is support motor from 18 - 27 turns, or try to get a ESC that support lower turns?

i know that all my questions may be abit 'stupid' to u guys, but hope u guys understand that i just new in rc... thanks.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Digital Servos

My first digital servo was a Hitec 5925. It works well for a year then developed two problems. The first was the gear train wore and had a lot of slop. The second was that a got a bad spot on the feedback pot and that would make the car do funny things. I fought that without knowing what was going on for nearly a season. I bought the Hitec because it was cheap, $80. The I bought a used JR 8450. It had been run for a couple of years before I bought it. It works much better than the Hitec. The JR would of cost me about $115 new. I should of bought the JR first.