Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!? >

Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?

Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?

Old 03-01-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RussB
do we actually KNOW these are re-labelled core packs?

who's to say they aren't crap cells stuffed in a case that looks just like the core packs?
Russ,

Lets get real here. Yeah racing are owned by the Dinball/Rcmart one of the biggest shops in Honk Kong they sell alot of quality products. Hopefully they are not dumb enough to sell such a dangerous product and in your views will put a black eye in lipos.

Would your views be different if they offered this pack for $100.00? If its alot of money then it must be good right?

Are you one of those guys that has the best and most expensive equipment? If so I dare you to lap me on my $120 TA05
Old 03-01-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by zake540
Russ,

Lets get real here. Yeah racing are owned by the Dinball/Rcmart one of the biggest shops in Honk Kong they sell alot of quality products. Hopefully they are not dumb enough to sell such a dangerous product and in your views will put a black eye in lipos.

Would your views be different if they offered this pack for $100.00? If its alot of money then it must be good right?

Are you one of those guys that has the best and most expensive equipment? If so I dare you to lap me on my $120 TA05
no, i don't have the best and most expensive stuff on the market. but i do like to spend my hard earned money on quality parts with a proven record. especially when it comes to batteries, than when abused or of extremely low quality can do substantial damage.

lets see... i race:
1x losi type-r
2x orion 3200's
2x orion avionics
1x novak 13.5
1x ko propo ex1 mars (hella old)

on the topic of lapping your $120 TA05, trust me, it'll happen. where do you race?
Old 03-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

on the topic of lapping your $120 TA05, trust me, it'll happen. where do you race?
LMAO!

Im going to put my vote on Russ's side......
Old 03-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
LMAO!

Im going to put my vote on Russ's side......
yay
Old 03-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

no, i don't have the best and most expensive stuff on the market. but i do like to spend my hard earned money on quality parts with a proven record. especially when it comes to batteries, than when abused or of extremely low quality can do substantial damage.

lets see... i race:
1x losi type-r
2x orion 3200's
2x orion avionics
1x novak 13.5
1x ko propo ex1 mars (hella old)

Easy there Russ... I'm talking smack I'm really not that good. But be careful someone might take you up on that challange and make you look silly
Old 03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

just smack talking back.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

yay
Fine, I can go for someone else?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

RCM 7.4V 3300mAH Lipo @ USD 49.90

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=12179

Old 03-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Initiate

http://cgi.ebay.ca/lipo-7-4V-5000mah...QQcmdZViewItem

the chinese sell at anybody

and to pass roar test you need to have $$$$ and sell on tower or horizon at competitive price like 150$ each pack

I approve that this pack has 3200mah is super good and pass all test made by roar but not the price
Old 03-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ironxxx4
http://cgi.ebay.ca/lipo-7-4V-5000mah...QQcmdZViewItem

the chinese sell at anybody

and to pass roar test you need to have $$$$ and sell on tower or horizon at competitive price like 150$ each pack

I approve that this pack has 3200mah is super good and pass all test made by roar but not the price
i'm pretty sure ROAR doesn't have a minimum price rule, or any sort of test for that.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They are doing the right thing in bringing low priced stuff so most people can enjoy the hobby and not spiking up the price to make a quick profit like a few companies are doing. A few Asian companies even offer US customer support and in any case you have to return an item, it will go to US instead of Asia. A few people I spoke to told me the Hobby slowed down due to some companies offering high priced items. Me for example, I make more money selling higher quantities at a good price. A few companies have to learn this concept.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sidewayzzzz
where is this lipo on sale now? I want one too. =)
We are taking pre-orders and should be shipping March 15th, the demand has been very high.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com
Old 03-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

OK check the price of the pack on roar site

do you see pack less than 90$ street

do you see chinese name

ROAR is the official U.S./Canadian sanctioning body for racing R/C cars. ROAR is responsible for producing and maintaining rules that are fair for all parties involved members and manufacturers alike. As an official IFMAR bloc, ROAR is also responsible for organizing race teams that represent the U.S. and Canada to compete at IFMAR World Championships for all scales of R/C cars.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lutach
They are doing the right thing in bringing low priced stuff so most people can enjoy the hobby and not spiking up the price to make a quick profit like a few companies are doing. A few Asian companies even offer US customer support and in any case you have to return an item, it will go to US instead of Asia. A few people I spoke to told me the Hobby slowed down due to some companies offering high priced items. Me for example, I make more money selling higher quantities at a good price. A few companies have to learn this concept.
that's all fine and dandy, but i work too hard to potentially waste my money on cheap stuff when for a little more i could have bought known products the first time.

I'll only stick to "ROAR legal" for products that could potentially burn my house down.

Originally Posted by ironxxx4
OK check the price of the pack on roar site

do you see pack less than 90$ street

do you see chinese name

ROAR is the official U.S./Canadian sanctioning body for racing R/C cars. ROAR is responsible for producing and maintaining rules that are fair for all parties involved members and manufacturers alike. As an official IFMAR bloc, ROAR is also responsible for organizing race teams that represent the U.S. and Canada to compete at IFMAR World Championships for all scales of R/C cars.
i'm pretty sure that ROAR approval is open to ANY manufacturer that submits their products and pays any associated testing fee's. you're making it sound like ROAR will only approve products submitted by ROAR affiliates.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

that's all fine and dandy, but i work too hard to potentially waste my money on cheap stuff when for a little more i could have bought known products the first time.

I'll only stick to "ROAR legal" for products that could potentially burn my house down.

i'm pretty sure that ROAR approval is open to ANY manufacturer that submits their products and pays any associated testing fee's. you're making it sound like ROAR will only approve products submitted by ROAR affiliates.
Understood, but what if they are as good as the most expensive ones. I think they are more for the love of the hobby instead of the hard core racer. Who knows, they might be using Kokam cells. Also, a lot of known products are manufactured in Asia and over priced to feed the big companies. If care is taken you won't burn your house down no matter what quality lipo you use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.