Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!? >

Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?

Hard case lipo pack under $35.00 bucks!?!?

Old 03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so has anyone got a hold of these lipo batts?
those whom has it can you guys comment on how good it is for its price
check out rcmart they are out of stock
these cheap lipos are selling fast
Old 03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I ordered 2 packs from Ultraline Hobbies and am waiting for them to come in. I will pull out my Max Amp 6000 packs and put these in and see how they work in my TC5.

More details to come...

Chirag
Old 03-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
why would they constantly make clones of other products versus going their own way?
LOL, I think that is pretty self explanatory. If they actually had to R&D their own products then they wouldn't be $35.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by quick5pnt0
LOL, I think that is pretty self explanatory. If they actually had to R&D their own products then they wouldn't be $35.
Where's the R&D in a plastic case? I'm pretty sure the chemistry and construction of the lipo cells they manufacture are far more involved and costlier than the R&D of a plastic box and far beyond the engineering capabilities of any R/C company. From what I see, R/C companies are at most tweaking existing imported items, relabeling them, and selling them. The "R&D" involved at this level, from an engineering standpoint, is minimal. By the way, have we happened to notice that the vast majority of the high-performance NiMH cells we run are designed and manufactured in China?
Old 03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Nope didnt get mine yet. Still waiting.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

wooop you guys are fast
anyway plz do us a favor n do a review here
on how the batts perform will ya
Old 03-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

so anyupdate yet on how the lipo are going?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Anyone get their batts yet? I got a email saying that my order was completed on March 18th. When I check the tracking number it keeps saying that the shipper has been notified of a package but it doesnt say that anything has been shipped. It has now been 6 days and the status has not changed. Not getting any email replies from Ultraline Hobbies as well.
Old 03-25-2008, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Lipo

Still waiting. Should get here any day now.....I hope.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Isnt it funny how 3yrs or so, Mfg's started selling "hard cased" lipos to the public, and soft sided ones were used before that in R/C. All before ROAR finally cought on to this technology and decided this year it better listen to the racers, (not knocking ROAR, Dawn has been a godsend). Anyone now throwing there hat into the lipo ring must have ROAR approval, which is fine, but what were we all doing before ROAR had there approval process? Running lipos!
I have no problem with somone wanting to throw out a 3200 for $35 without approval, look 95% of PPL dont race anyway, so whats the big deal? I'll probably try one out just out of curiosity to see if it holds up, I honestly dont think they'd put this out if it didnt hold up, the company would be out of the hobby business the next day if PPL's packs started crapping out. A new orion 3200 is now $65 so the cost is comming down on even the big player packs.
BTW..not all the MFG's have released where there cells come from, but you can bet they all come from Asia. Lets not bury these packs till they can be publically tested and abused. We do need more Mfg's stepping up and cutting product costs with the economy in a hole.
Who is currently selling the Orion 3200 for $65? Last year I bought 3 of them them from Tower for $56 after sale price, discount coupon, and free shipping. I want 1 or 2 more and I thought they were back up to $89? Thanks.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Stormer hobbies had them for 65.00.. I picked one up..
Old 03-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hmm, just checked. looks like they are on backorder. 66.99 was the price.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Okay thanks. Yeah that was a sweet deal. Beats the heck out of $90

I think Ultimate hobbies has them for $79. Anyone know of a better deal?
Old 03-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Well, my Yeah Racing pack showed up today. First I unpacked it from its little box for an examination. First, I took hold of it to see if it would flex or twist, I'm happy to report the case is solid, case seems to be well made and fits well. Second was the wire, I was sooo worried it was going to be that cheepo hard plastic wire crap they use on buget packs. I'm happy to report is 14g silicon syle wire which is about 6" long.
They include a black "Deans" connector knock off, that works perfectly with the normal red Deans, actually like the black connector. After a quick connector change from Tamiya to included "Deans" it was time to charge, I put it in my lipo charge sack just incase, and it was off, no problems at all, must have came with a charge already, didnt take very long. Unfortunitely I do not know what balance plug it is yet, I can tell you it is not a Apache/Hyperion, Thunderpower, or Greatplanes/Venum. I'm thinking its Kolkam, or Align style. I have adapters comming so one should fit.
The next step was to drop her in my T4 with Mamba max/5700 motor. I grabbed a hand full of throttle to see if it would cogg, and to my surprise it instantly took off and popped a wheelie as it gained traction. The motor was making such a sweet high pitched wine as is passed by, I knew this pack was delivering some serious juice. I know some will still want hard numbers, but I do not own data loggers or test equipment, I just wanted to take this pack and drop it in like the avarage joe would do to see if it worked well. Only time will tell how long it lasts.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbipro
Well, my Yeah Racing pack showed up today. First I unpacked it from its little box for an examination. First, I took hold of it to see if it would flex or twist, I'm happy to report the case is solid, case seems to be well made and fits well. Second was the wire, I was sooo worried it was going to be that cheepo hard plastic wire crap they use on buget packs. I'm happy to report is 14g silicon syle wire which is about 6" long.
They include a black "Deans" connector knock off, that works perfectly with the normal red Deans, actually like the black connector. After a quick connector change from Tamiya to included "Deans" it was time to charge, I put it in my lipo charge sack just incase, and it was off, no problems at all, must have came with a charge already, didnt take very long. Unfortunitely I do not know what balance plug it is yet, I can tell you it is not a Apache/Hyperion, Thunderpower, or Greatplanes/Venum. I'm thinking its Kolkam, or Align style. I have adapters comming so one should fit.
The next step was to drop her in my T4 with Mamba max/5700 motor. I grabbed a hand full of throttle to see if it would cogg, and to my surprise it instantly took off and popped a wheelie as it gained traction. The motor was making such a sweet high pitched wine as is passed by, I knew this pack was delivering some serious juice. I know some will still want hard numbers, but I do not own data loggers or test equipment, I just wanted to take this pack and drop it in like the avarage joe would do to see if it worked well. Only time will tell how long it lasts.
Glad you like your battery, we are very happy w/the testing so far.

http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=559&parent=56 anyone wanting to order we have them in stock and shipping daily.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.