Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi/Horizon Hobbies TC R&D

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Team Losi/Horizon Hobbies TC R&D

What's going on with Team Losi? Last time I checked I thought they had very good team drivers like Mike Dumas and Todd Hodge, etc and their Type R a year ago...now team drivers have left, and Gil is gone, so what's going to happen to Team Losi Cars down the line, especially the Type R?

Who is managing and directing Losi's JRX-s TYpe R R&D? Why havent they come out with updated and newer parts? Is Team Losi/Horizon still doing R&D for the Type R and their other cars and will they continue to support their cars as far as parts production, update to parts, new versions/updates of the cars based on R&D like other companies do like Xray, HB, Schumacher, etc or is this the end on Team Losi/Horizon R&D for the Type R and their other cars/buggies?

Can Todd Hodge please come on here and tell us straight what's really going on here....tell us the truth!!!

I really want a Losi Type R but dont want to buy a car that is not being R&D to upgrade or make it better, or that is done with making new cars and then I'll be stuck with a car that has no further R&D or support
Old 02-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think this pretty much says it all.

http://www.redrc.net/category/brand/team-losi/page/4/
Old 02-26-2008, 06:42 AM
Tech Adept

Good link there...nice to see they now have a new Prez...but again, it looks like their focusing on off-road and minies!!! Where's the love for the 1/10 TC market and the great Type R? Why have their best drivers left Losi? How come we havent seen new updates and R&D for the Type R in a while now? It seems like they are not focusing on the 1/10 TC R&D...which means they could stop working on new car or updating the current one after lots of R&D...what;s going on here?!?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Dude did you happen to see the biggest race in the world happened a couple weeks ago.

There were 5 Touring classes, 1 had no Losi entries 3 were won by losi cars and the other a losi got 2nd. I dont think the car needs much development now. I think you'll see cars made by other companies that look like the losi real soon.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Dude did you happen to see the biggest race in the world happened a couple weeks ago.

There were 5 Touring classes, 1 had no Losi entries 3 were won by losi cars and the other a losi got 2nd. I dont think the car needs much development now. I think you'll see cars made by other companies that look like the losi real soon.
Yep...the snowbirds were devastated by Type Rs But still, every car needs to have R&D program...the car can be made much better than what it is currently---and right now its awesome. The point is to keep working on making it better and refining the design....

for example- why not making aluminum diff outdrives for the rear diff and front spool/ drive cups? Those that run mod would definately love this

For asphalt racing: maybe a much thinner, 2mm top deck, with thinner design for better flex for asphalt racing...

Maybe rear aluminum hubs, front aluminum caster blocks???

There's other things that could be looked at...the car needs to continue to have R&D...

Where's Losi's on-road TC factory team drivers? Why has everyone left? When are they going to get new drivers?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the car is dialed....i recently drove mine for the first time....i think it is a great car...very fast and easy to drive.....

losi has larry, jason, and mike running the car, and all are very able to compete....and convey any issues to todd and the rest of the team...

i see no problems running this car....
Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Administrator

btw, larry, how about your snowbirds rubber setup.....
Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

I believe that there were more wins at the snowbirds with the car than all other wins with the car since its debut a couple years ago. The type r that is. Why pay guys when your Non paid drivers can get it done?

All of those parts you mentioned wouldn't really be considered R+D. Those are aftermarket tuning parts. I agree that the alum outdrive cups would be helpful but I dont see as any of those other things improving performance. I thinner topdeck may help on super low bite but I never use car flex as a tuning tool, so it wouldn't affect me.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

I'll post my rubber setup on the Type R thread later today. I haven't even taken that car out of the bubble wrap I put it in to get it on the plane.

Oh and by the way this is a disclaimer. I don't know Losi's plans for whatever but I love the car and will continue to drive it, I don't see the current car holding anyone back.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:11 AM
Administrator

thanks man...i sent you a pm, i hope you have some insight....
Old 02-26-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by Xpress; 02-27-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: .
Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

The car is great and very capable. Any R&D I worry about involves me running the hell out of it, tuning on it, and polishing my driving skills. Let's see how Lipos being "legal" affect the TC market over the next year or two. Have a little faith....

Ben
Old 02-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Oh and by the way this is a disclaimer. I don't know Losi's plans for whatever but I love the car and will continue to drive it, I don't see the current car holding anyone back.
I am really glad to read that statement for I was afraid you have given up. You and Jason have helped me so much with this car and I now fully love it. I know I may be a pain at times but I do appreciate all the help you two have given me.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

The car was designed to run li//bl. Now that li//bl is finally roar legal everyone else is trying to play catchup. If you don't think a chasis designed around li//bl is an advantage then think about how much more track time the average driver will have. These cars have dozens of tuning options that go unused by the average driver. Now that you can focus more on driving w/ li//bl you will also have more time to tune & notice changes.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Regardless of what exactly Losi plans to do with the car in the future really shouldn't matter, the car is great right now, and it will shine even more when the switch to BL / lipo finishes. How many cars on the market handle just as well with a lipo or a 6 cell, or how about a 5 cell before you go and add ballast? One chassis set is all you need so why waste money on another? I plan to run this car for a long time since it is so easy to adapt it to new technology. Jason and Larry stepped the car up a notch when they brought all of their setup experience to the team, and now many people are able to have their cars handle well without braking the bank on a lot of upgrades.

On the local scene many of the weekly racers have switched over to it, and i would say around 95% of them are much happier now. Easily obtainable affordable parts and a strong base setup is really all that a racer needs. Just fine tune from there, and have fun racing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.