Wiki Posts
Search

What servo for a touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Cirrus CS702MG 5kg/cm Hi Speed Servo

I havent found anything to beat this one for price. It comes with metal gears and is very fast...comparable to the $100.00 hitecs and airtronics.

You can find one at Hobbypeople.net or the Hobbytown USA in Tyler Tx. has them in stock.

Cirrus CS702MG 5kg/cm Hi Speed Servo

The CS702/MG is a fast servo with a transit time of .08/60degrees. Cirrus also has used metal gears and ball bearings so this servo is very durable and has almost double the torque of many standard servos. Use this servo anytime durability and speed are important.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
The 590 is not digital. The differences between analog and digital are small in terms of performance. Differences that might be revealed only in foam sedans or 1/12th scale driven at a high level of competence. That might be you, it might not. Only you know. I have used the 590M quite a lot, and also a 9550. I will admit the argument between the two has proven to be the least of my concerns.
Sounds like I will go with the JR servo again. I run rubber tires...so I guess its not the biggest issue.

Thanks for the help everyone
Old 02-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Arrow

Originally Posted by Waltrip55
Sounds like I will go with the JR servo again. I run rubber tires...so I guess its not the biggest issue.

Thanks for the help everyone
I recommend that you get Futaba S9451 or S9550. You're wasting your money on the JR. Better to suck it up, spend the money now and get a good quality, fast servo servo especially in a touring car. You'll save money in the long run. I'll never go back to the cheaper stuff.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Addict

JR servo is already on its way. I had my old JR servo since the TC3 days, and has been in many cars. The only reason I needed to replace it is because the tabs all were messed up(broke off when trimming it for the TA-05), and couldn't find the replacement servo case. I highly doubt that in club racing, a $80 servo is gonna make me TQ, and the $40 servo will send me to the B-main. When things pick up at Menards, I may upgrade for next season
Old 02-25-2008, 05:32 PM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Good choice.

My LHS also sells a JR "ST126MG", which retails for $33, and has the same, if not slightly better numbers than a Z590M... metal gear also. Strange thing is, I can't find any info on them online. I've used the ST126MG & Z590M successfully in TA04s, TRF414, M-03s, and now my TB-02.... my level of competition in TC is also intermediate
Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

I just gave my TB-02 to my little brother(he is gonna be awesome when he can get a job/money). I got the TA-05R to continue to get better. I am at that strange stage of top of the B-main(13th in GT-2 at TCS)...but can't quite get in the A-main yet. I feel like I can do with with this new car, and learning more and more about racing is also a huge factor.