Search
Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default pro3

What does everyone here think of the hpi pro3. Just got mine race on thursday nights. This thursday will be my first time racing it. Has ne1 had any problems with it. What surfaces does everyone race on with it. Happy holidays
Old 12-23-2001, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

opinions? well...mine isn;t so great lets just say. I gotta a pro2 and I won;t go near a pro3. sorry dude. but good luck theres alot of people out there who love their Pro3s and do just fine with em.
Old 12-24-2001, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

there's already an HPI pro3 thread on the board - have a read of that.

there's also several interesting threads on the HPI's own forum, including one on fixes for the car to stop the little bits that come loose causing a problem.

Try this...

http://www.hpiracing.com/rcforum/sho...&threadid=1627

All I'll say is I like my pro3, and I race it on a slippy floor at the moment.
Old 12-24-2001, 03:07 AM
Tech Rookie

all i can say is that... THE PRO 3 IS THE BEST EP TOURING CAR THERE IS!!!!!
Old 12-24-2001, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Coup pal.

That's a very blunt assertion coming from someone of your age, and experience!

Which big race has the Pro 3 ever won......and I mean big, like the Worlds, Euros etc. not some piddly little club race.

They have one of the World's best drivers, he beat the cream at the Worlds driving a Yoke remember, and despite the fact that the only thing HPI about his cars is the decals, he still can't make them win anything worth winning.

Sorry about this upset around Christmas time, but it is a fact....and i just couldn't help the dig.

Oh, by the way, I'm an old man too, but Happy Christmas anyway.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-24-2001, 07:24 AM
Regional Moderator

mr. john "i hate hpi" bull
is this a big enough race for your standards? http://www.team-orion.ch/global/glob...old.asp?id=804
why are you so anti hpi anyways?...cause you dont sell them!!?
anyways we dont race at big races...most of us race at "piddly little club races"...
Old 12-24-2001, 07:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been a die hard HPI racer for years. Started with the Pro, got a Pro 2, then I got the Pro 3. The Pro 3 upper camber links work great on the Pro 2. It frees up the suspension travel and the uprights remain stiff. I haven't found any uses for any of the other parts from the Pro 3.
Old 12-24-2001, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Thanks everyone for the comments u all are entitled to your own opinion. At the track i race on in maine the pro3's stick very well. It is one of the best handling cars out there we race on a roller hockey rink inside a sports complex. This surface is very slippery and all the guys i race with are getting pro3s now i got mine and can wait to try it out thursday night.
Old 12-24-2001, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

does anyone else here race on slippery surfaces?
Also i am going to rc madness in connecticut next month to race on carpet has any one been there?
Old 12-24-2001, 10:27 AM
Tech Rookie

I guess the Pro 3 would work well on slippery surfaces since its chassis flexes like a wet noodle. I owned and raced a Pro 2 and really liked the car. So much so I waited until the release of the Pro 3 before considering a new car. Well HPI released it and all I heard were complaints from the people who actually raced them, not talking about the praises it got from the bashers. So I waited some more to see if they would release a real "Pro" Pro 3 but still nothing real on the horizon. So I raced my Pro 2 some more and finally decided on a FT TC3 since it look like a solid racer. I'm sorry but HPI will not see another penny from me until they develop something more worthy of the "Pro" name. I still don't see how it won "most affordable" in the RCCA shootout when its probably the most expensive car to make competitive, since almost every part needs replacing.
Old 12-24-2001, 11:51 AM
Regional Moderator

i really enjoy my pro3 i have been a die hard hpi fan for a while
Attached Thumbnails pro3-my-pro3.jpg  
Old 12-24-2001, 01:03 PM
Regional Moderator

this is the original body on the cover of aug.2001
Attached Thumbnails pro3-mycar-mag.jpg  
Old 12-26-2001, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Way to go mr4-malta it seems that Mr. Bull just cannot stand the fact that there are people nibbling at his big chunk of cake which seems to be diminishing in size.... he is also critisizing a car he has never even tried....let alone listening to what he thinks on the Pro-3.

Strangely enough the Pro-3 is also leading our 'piddly little club championship' .

Ceeerreeioooo !!!!
Old 12-26-2001, 02:40 PM
Regional Moderator

pro-models, yes indeed mr. bull hasnt answerd or given me the reason why he hates the hpi,....he hasnt tried one, worked on one.....he just see's them run at the track...now that would make me hate a car and would descourage people from getting the car
....or maybe this is a business thing " if you dont sell it, tell people its bad " ...makes scence to me!!...yeh right! i doubt if i will get a reply to this....
Old 12-26-2001, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Pro3 has a very inovative design. It's best suited for outdoor's on slippery asphalt or tarmac. The flexibility it has is an advantage on some surfaces, indoors on tight carpet tracks it does alright, but there are other cars better suited for indoors.
I am a long time HPI racer and plan on keeping the one car that works quite well for our local conditions, my Super NItro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.