Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Old 12-29-2002, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

By my calculations, you need the 1mm spacer on the block to get the standard position.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default Camber link mount on 3-4 caster blocks

sosidge, newracer;

Thanks guys,

I still havent broken anything on my car yet. That's after 6 months of racing ALMOST every weekend.

I would like to run with the 2 deg kick-up and still have 5-6 degs of total caster, so the 3-4 deg blocks sound just right. Any advantages/Disadv. to using the Graphite blocks instead of the plastic ones.

Thanks again,
Old 12-29-2002, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Camber link mount on 3-4 caster blocks

Originally posted by popsracer
sosidge, newracer;

Thanks guys,

I still havent broken anything on my car yet. That's after 6 months of racing ALMOST every weekend.

I would like to run with the 2 deg kick-up and still have 5-6 degs of total caster, so the 3-4 deg blocks sound just right. Any advantages/Disadv. to using the Graphite blocks instead of the plastic ones.

Thanks again,
go for the graphite composite C hub. i got the pastic version when it was released and somehow, the figure C opens up over time so the front knuckles would have an up-down slop, affecting your ride height. i switched to the graphite version and problem solved. the graphite also further reduces front end flex and lessens the chance of stripping the grab screw for the hinge pin.
Old 12-30-2002, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know how to actually use the aluminium spur hub?
i was using it for the 1st time today and everytime i braked/hit something the nut would come out and also the spur gear....
Old 12-30-2002, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by lee82gx
i was using it for the 1st time today and everytime i braked/hit something the nut would come out and also the spur gear....
Yep, it does happen. My suggestion, get the spur gear/pulley combo made by Cross Racing!! No problems!!
Old 12-30-2002, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Unhappy

but does it have to happen so often?i think abt 2-3 times per battery pack.what is the official HPI instructions?i got it used from friend
Old 12-30-2002, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There is a hole on the spur gear nut...place your 2mm hex wrench in it and use it to tighten the nut.

Even the the Cross spur gear adapter is easy to use..it is also twice as heavy as the HPI spur gear adapter. Which will slow down your acceleration slightly.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Default HPI spur gear adapter

lee82gx;

Put a Allen wrench in the hole on the nut and crank that sucker down tight. NEVER not once had mine come loose. Use the biggest allen that will fit in the hole so you don't bend it when tightening/loosening.
Old 12-30-2002, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sushi Boy:
Are those setups good/applicable to stock?Which leadsme to my 2nd question:what is a good 27T stock motor?guys here use trinity but i hear some 'monster' motor is better...locally , team orion , reedy motors are available.of this 3(or may there be others?),which should i choose?and what about ESC?i've been thinking of ordering thru the Net , but have been told that it's better to buy from LHS in case of burn out.Any opinions?
Thanks
YES! This is a great Stock setup. Stock motors don't really push the chassis to the limit so it would be really easy to drive. Try a 36t pinion and a 100T spur to start. I use a Fantom P2K. Good motor. Already tuned and stuff. I haven't seen a Trinity Monster Stock go yet. I buy most of my esc's of the net. I alway get novak though. They have an awesome support system. If it blows up in 120 days or something liek that they replace it. I just send my old Cyclone back once a year to get refurbished with new fets and all that good stuff. It's like a tune up. I heard the New Novak GT7 was a great ESC. Very smooth. Have fun man. If ya wanted to look at fantom Stock Motors just check out this website. You can buy the motors from them too. www.fantom-motors.com

-Sushi Boy
Old 12-30-2002, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: To: Sushi Boy

How are you running your front kick-up 0 or 2 degs? Do the 3 & 4 deg Caster blocks change the camber link position (raise/lower) by mounting at the pivot?
I like my roll centers as they are now and would like to duplicate the position if I go to the 3 & 4 deg caster blocks.

Thanks,
I used 2 degrees of kickup. If it seems a bit touchy just go back to the 6 degree blocks. I did this every once in a while. I think I put one spacer under the camber link. I haven't really looked at my car for a long time. Been running my XXX-S. I think you can just try and get it to be around the same height as the reg. caster blocks. That's kind of what I did. You just have to play with it a bit.

-Sushi Boy
Old 12-30-2002, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: HPI spur gear adapter

lee82gx;

Put a Allen wrench in the hole on the nut and crank that sucker down tight. NEVER not once had mine come loose. Use the biggest allen that will fit in the hole so you don't bend it when tightening/loosening.
Gotta agree there, just crank it! I've used mine since they were first released and never had it come loose...

Cheers

Andy
Old 12-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Default Oh i see

So i just crank it real tight?i see.was just using my fingers.will try once the threadlock i tried comes loose.Thanks guys i appreciate that ppl are actually helpful
Old 12-31-2002, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Sibling Rivalry

my purple pros (sorry about the picture quality)
Attached Thumbnails pro3-s330-008.jpg  
We Are Ninja likes this.
Old 12-31-2002, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
May God Bless all of us.Long live the Pro3!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Sibling Rivalry

Originally posted by purplepro3
my purple pros (sorry about the picture quality)
Pic Quality isn't that bad. It's better than some that I've seen. Have a happy new year everybody.

-Sushi Boy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.